Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2024, 17:51   #271
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkgi10 View Post
Hi,
I had booked the dynamic variant in last week of July too in Mumbai. They had given a waiting time of 45-60 days and the sales person said that this variant is in a lot of demand.

They had shared an update about allocation to dealership being done in August end, and now after several messages they have told expect a delay of month. I too am thinking of cancelling because of this dealership experience.

I suggest looking at Windsor on 11th September and see if that fits your bill. The dealership experience in MG is much better than BYD and I think the same goes for after sales service as well. If only their product comes out as strong as the Atto3.
Agree on the dealership experience in Mumbai, it’s quite bad compared to what a customer would like and expect. After Test drive there are no follow ups. Tried to check on the M6 teaser if he has any information, but got quite a cold response. I think they are still not very aggressive as they may not have any dealer stock and real billings initiated on the new models. If we look at month on month figure Aug numbers for BYD are less than July, which is counterintuitive given the new Atto3 variants, which means China HQ is not allocating cars yet to India as per demand.
Old 10th September 2024, 15:08   #272
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted on this forum, BYD app is finally available in india play store!!

Link
Attached Thumbnails
BYD Atto 3 Review-screenshot_20240910_145734_google-play-store.jpg  

BYD Atto 3 Review-screenshot_20240910_145747_byd.jpg  

Last edited by Fighter_82 : 10th September 2024 at 15:14.
Fighter_82 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 16:04   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter_82 View Post
Not sure if this has been posted on this forum, BYD app is finally available in india play store!!

Link
Thanks - I see the option to choose India on the app in the iOS app too!
thejaguar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 17:59   #274
BHPian

Quote:

Link
This is great news. Hope they stick to the Q4 timeline they quoted
Old 10th September 2024, 18:05   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenergy View Post
Can owner members try to register their cars and share some feedback? I think it will need the esim enabled for the app to communicate with the car.
Fighter_82 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 18:10   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I just downloaded the app and this is what I see in the privacy section. As predicted the data storage location is India.

BYD Atto 3 Review-img_3ee1838d84f61.jpeg
BYD Atto 3 Review-img_1d2577c7c5f71.jpeg
newenergy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 15:40   #277

Hi All,

New to this thread, been reading it through but couldn't find much information on the charger installation.

Background: We have booked the Atto 3 Supreme, and as per the dealer the car has arrived at their stockyard. The only hiccup we have right now is the charger installation. Our parking is in Basement 2 and our power source is on floor 5. So essentially we're looking at a wiring of 100 meters. A person for the charger audit came in last weekend and has given us an estimate of about a lakh rupees. I think that's absolutely absurd and not the right cost anyway and he has been pushing me to get a 16mm 3 core wiring done at a >900 per meter rate.

The installers are Relux Electric from Chennai and not sure how reliable these guys are because the reasons he has been giving me about so many things are just flawed. Now since the estimated delivery date confirmed by BYD dealership is 15th September, I am worried that the charger might create an issue with the same.

Need guidance on what alternatives do I have here.
Old 11th September 2024, 16:59   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakverma97 View Post
Hi All,
So essentially we're looking at a wiring of 100 meters. A person for the charger audit came in last weekend and has given us an estimate of about a lakh rupees. I think that's absolutely absurd and not the right cost anyway and he has been pushing me to get a 16mm 3 core wiring done at a >900 per meter rate.
Because of the length of the wire which is 100 meters, you have no choice but to go for a 16 sq.mm wire.
Had the length been less, you could have gone with a 10 sq.mm wire.

If you do use a lower thickness 10 sq.mm then there will a voltage loss and the wire will also heat up a lot, leading to any terminals in the switches or plug heating up and deforming the plastics that will most probably start a fire. Remember you are talking about several hours of 7kW continous load.
DIY410 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 17:23   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

New to this thread, been reading it through but couldn't find much information on the charger installation.

Background: We have booked the Atto 3 Supreme, and as per the dealer the car has arrived at their stockyard. The only hiccup we have right now is the charger installation. Our parking is in Basement 2 and our power source is on floor 5. So essentially we're looking at a wiring of 100 meters. A person for the charger audit came in last weekend and has given us an estimate of about a lakh rupees. I think that's absolutely absurd and not the right cost anyway and he has been pushing me to get a 16mm 3 core wiring done at a >900 per meter rate.

The installers are Relux Electric from Chennai and not sure how reliable these guys are because the reasons he has been giving me about so many things are just flawed. Now since the estimated delivery date confirmed by BYD dealership is 15th September, I am worried that the charger might create an issue with the same.

Need guidance on what alternatives do I have here.
Why are they drawing power from your apartment. They can draw it from the Electricity meter which are usually in the ground floor or basement.
I also stay in 5th floor, but the power is drawn from our electricity meter which is about 10m from my parking spot in the ground floor.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 17:35   #280

So while we were booking the car, we got an estimate of INR350 per meter, whereas when the inspection executive came in, he quoted INR355 per meter which later on became INR 900 somehow. My issue is with the inconsistency in the estimates that these guys are giving.

I am okay going ahead with 16 mm wire, given the logic of high voltage and safety measures, but the only problem I have is that laying a wire is not a 1 lakh rupee job anyway, just doesn't make any sense. My concern was that I am getting the same wire from the supplier at a cheaper rate and upon consulting him, he just confirmed that the installation company is just duping us at this point.

Need suggestions if I can get the recommended wiring done by my trusted source and just get these guys to install the charger once the car is in.
Old 11th September 2024, 18:16   #281
BHPian

Quote:
So while we were booking the car, we got an estimate of INR350 per meter, whereas when the inspection executive came in, he quoted INR355 per meter which later on became INR 900 somehow. My issue is with the inconsistency in the estimates that these guys are giving.
I am still unclear as to why you need to pull wire from the fifth floor. Why can't you pull it directly from your meter, which is likely on your apartment's ground floor?
linuxworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2024, 18:21   #282
BHPian

Quote:
So while we were booking the car, we got an estimate of INR350 per meter, whereas when the inspection executive came in, he quoted INR355 per meter which later on became INR 900 somehow.
I am okay going ahead with 16 mm wire, given the logic of high voltage and safety measures, but the only problem I have is that laying a wire is not a 1 lakh rupee job anyway, just doesn't make any sense. My concern was that I am getting the same wire from the supplier at a cheaper rate and upon consulting him, he just confirmed that the installation company is just duping us at this point.
The price for a 3 core 16 sq.mm wire is about 75k for 100 meters from a reputed brand on line. So that's 750/meter, let's say its a bit cheaper offline. You then add the price of conduit for the full 100 meters, they mostly use a polymide or PVC conduit. So there is not much of a difference.

The price they initially quoted was probably for the 10 sq.mm wire.

Last edited by DIY410 : 11th September 2024 at 18:23.
DIY410 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 14:33   #283
BHPian

As per the video, the grey color also gets the dark interior. This aligns with the model available outside India where Black and Grey get the dark interior. I wonder why dealers are completely in the dark about the specs.

Finally, I can make the color decision. Grey it is.

newenergy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th September 2024, 15:46   #284
BHPian

Quote:
As per the video, the grey color also gets the dark interior. This aligns with the model available outside India where Black and Grey get the dark interior. I wonder why dealers are completely in the dark about the specs.

Finally, I can make the color decision. Grey it is.
Some good news at last.

BYD should have got this info correctly passed on to their dealers or at least mention this in their website. Anyways wondering what else did they miss
Fighter_82 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2024, 08:06   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Can owner members try to register their cars and share some feedback? I think it will need the esim enabled for the app to communicate with the car.
I tried adding my vehicle to the app, but it says no vehicle has been associated with my email address. I guess the dealer has to do some mapping from their end.

Is esim and the data plan available in India? Mine is the first generation vehicle and last time I checked with the service team several months back, it was not active.

Last edited by rknair : 14th September 2024 at 08:11.

Most Viewed