Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2024, 01:33   #211
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Any idea on car availability and stocks in Mumbai. The dealer seems to act very pricey as only 1 showroom in entire Mumbai. Saying TD car is hardly available for 1-2 weeks as too many inquiries for the base model.

I was unaware of this cars existence about a couple of days back and was looking at ICE models like XUV700 and suddenly find myself highly interested in this car after I saw a few videos and brochures mainly attracted by the seemingly safer battery technology and good enough range and features even in base model. It obviously seems better than the MG ZS EV and much better than Nexon LR on paper. Given the dimensions of equivalent cars (C2 segment) on Road price for this is almost at par with Creta/Seltos/Alcazar top models.

Hope I am not missing any catch here.
Old 28th July 2024, 01:13   #212
BHPian

I visited the Landmark BYD showroom in Mumbai today. There were 2 display cars one black and one grey. Did not like the black colour with dark interiors but the grey looked fabulous with the white and blue interiors. Although it was the older model the one with “Build Your Dreams” instead of BYD on boot door.

Must say the interior quality is next level not found in cars of this segment.

However there was no TD car in the showroom so could not test drive.

The sales guy was quite ill informed on certain things.

Like I asked him that I did not like the blackened panel on the exterior on the C/D pillar which was silver earlier and glossy black looks tacky. He said it’s only for Cosmos black colour. But some research on YouTube and it seems it is now black for all colours unfortunately . This silver looked rich like the Tucson.

Similarly he said dark interiors are only for Black colour however Malaysia/Singapore website says dark interior is for Black and Grey colour White and Blue get light and there is no reason to believe it will be different here.

There was no other colour on display and he said it will be difficult to show a car in blue and white colour.

They did not have the Dynamic variant on display and have no plans to keep it as a display vehicle.

I asked about the 1000 cycles Vs 5000 on UK and he said BYD has different model Atto for UK and India which I don’t believe is true.

There is no connected car feature.

Car availability is about 45-60 days. There is a documentation charge of 40k which has no basis.

I believe it’s a good car, why did they change the exterior colour scheme on a beautiful Car is beyond me.

Will get to TD the car in next week when he will get the car to my home/office.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 17:17   #213
BHPian

I joined some facebook group of ByD Atto 3 owners. I feel many are complaining about problems they are facing with dealers and service centres.
Old 28th July 2024, 21:08   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I joined some facebook group of ByD Atto 3 owners. I feel many are complaining about problems they are facing with dealers and service centres.
Any brand that imports the car via CBU or CKD is bound to have a bit delay in service. Especially when it comes to body panels and parts. Same goes for VW group or any luxury brands who are importing or doing CKD assembly. At least in Pune BYD has opened an EV specific service center. Hope this continues and they keep adding more service centres in future.

Having said that could you please elaborate more on what specific issues you are referring to? As per few reddit threads both in India and outside, the reviews are mostly positive.

Last edited by newenergy : 28th July 2024 at 21:10.
newenergy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 08:04   #215
BHPian

I didn't get any detailed issues. But there were quite a few rants against dealers and service centres of not being able to solve issues. It seemes common to the cases of cars being brought under CBU etc.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 19:28   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Only thing missing is their Mobile App. Any clue on if that is even in the works for India?
Don't have high hopes for mobile App, connectivity features, inbuilt SIM card etc. BYD officials have been evading this question for years now and till date do not have any answer for the same.
Old 30th July 2024, 21:36   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_hunter View Post

Will get to TD the car in next week when he will get the car to my home/office.
The Sales guy has gone incommunicado after my visit to the showroom, even after I messaged him for TD, he did not respond, either they are having too much demand or they are not serious about selling this car. If before sales this is the response I am afraid how would be the after sales response if needed. Not encouraging. This is where someone like MG excels.
Old 30th July 2024, 22:43   #218
BHPian

Quote:
The Sales guy has gone incommunicado after my visit to the showroom, even after I messaged him for TD, he did not respond, either they are having too much demand or they are not serious about selling this car. If before sales this is the response I am afraid how would be the after sales response if needed. Not encouraging. This is where someone like MG excels.
Same thing happened with me too. The sales guy seems to be disinterested in answering queries and least interested in following up.
Old 31st July 2024, 17:39   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Don't have high hopes for mobile App, connectivity features, inbuilt SIM card etc. BYD officials have been evading this question for years now and till date do not have any answer for the same.

On the topic of sales person feedback,
It was the opposite for me where the sales executive was chasing me to make the booking as soon as possible, especially for Dynamic Variant, calling out that it is only for initial 500 units or something.

Also they confirmed to me that no black interiors for Dynamic Variant at all! Awaiting formal confirmation.

They now do have dynamic variant in the show room (white) , plan to check it out this weekend.
Pacifier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 18:17   #220
BHPian

I dropped an email to BYD India and BYD customer care almost 11 days back for queries around Atto3. Finally, today, I received a response. It was a bit disappointing experience since I had to make multiple follow-ups and calls to get a simple response to the email. Anyway, since they responded back, I am not going into it. Here is what they have to say on certain topics.

1)Tyres - It could be between Chaoyang and Batman. It's still not clear which brand it would be. (In this digital world, I don't know how long it takes for BYD India to make a call to BYD China and say "Bhai log, kaunse company ka tyre bhej rahe ho naye India wali Atto3 main")

2) A portable charger will be available for purchase on a chargeable basis.

3) Discrepancy with 1000 charging cycles - They apologized and accepted it as a typing error. They mentioned they had corrected their website, and it now shows 5000 cycles. However, when I checked, I could still find 1000 charging cycles. I have replied back to the email. Let's see how soon they update it.

4) SIM and mobile app - As per the response, SIM will be available by Q4, 2024, tentatively. The app will be made available subsequently.
linuxworld is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 18:30   #221
BHPian

I called their Call centre to inquire about the number of charging cycles and the customer care was not able to even understand the question. They told me that their team will get back which has not happened since last 10 days. So we can get the current status of service orientation of BYD.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 23:36   #222
BHPian

Visited showroom to check out the dynamic variant.
Interiors DOES NOT come with black with any of the colors in this variant.
That is only available for top end.

I was told the ambient light exists same as top variant, including multiple color options.
But it will not auto switch colors + no music sync lighting. Which is not a big miss for me.

Tyre size 17" vs 18" didn't seem to show much of a difference visually.

No change in rear interior space although it has 10kW less battery capacity. So the dimensions might have remained the same.

I was told due to it being CBU and approvals from RTO pending (& sometimes they wait for customs approval at docks), Dynamic variant will only start showing up in showroom for Test drive + Deliveries by early-mid september.

Top end variant deliveries are happening since they were being sold since a while and nothing extra required for the black edition.

Didn't pay attention to the any center console button or steering button changes due to lack of ADAS. I was told the buttons would remain but just non functional, which seems odd. Asked the dealer to send me pics of the same.

I had previously planned to get VW Taigun GT Plus for ~22L onroad with recent offers and got swayed to this one and booked. Still trying to justify the price difference(its 31L on-road in telangana).

Although this one feels to be from a different segment (quality, finish, space , features etc). Any thoughts from fellow members/owners of this one?

Last edited by Pacifier : 3rd August 2024 at 23:37. Reason: added info
Pacifier is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 00:43   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post

I was told due to it being CBU and approvals from RTO pending (& sometimes they wait for customs approval at docks), Dynamic variant will only start showing up in showroom for Test drive + Deliveries by early-mid september.

I had previously planned to get VW Taigun GT Plus for ~22L onroad with recent offers and got swayed to this one and booked. Still trying to justify the price difference(its 31L on-road in telangana).
Congratulations on your booking, which variant you have booked and what is the estimated delivery date? There is a recent video on YT from PPS BYD don’t know from which city and he has shown a white Dynamic variant car. In Mumbai it is not available. Even TD cars are limited and dealer has not been able for schedule TD for a week now.

It looks like a great choice compared to the C segment SUVs whose top end on road costs 22-25 lacs, given that it is larger in most dimensions and the base variant is almost fully loaded.

Only risk seems to be long term strategy of BYD in India and service experience in case of breakdowns.
Old 4th August 2024, 08:22   #224
Senior - BHPian

BYD Atto3 Dynamic Variant

CarguyNish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 09:44   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on your booking, which variant you have booked and what is the estimated delivery date? There is a recent video on YT from PPS BYD don’t know from which city and he has shown a white Dynamic variant car. In Mumbai it is not available. Even TD cars are limited and dealer has not been able for schedule TD for a week now.

It looks like a great choice compared to the C segment SUVs whose top end on road costs 22-25 lacs, given that it is larger in most dimensions and the base variant is almost fully loaded.

Only risk seems to be long term strategy of BYD in India and service experience in case of breakdowns.
I had booked the dynamic variant, and at the time of booking, I was told 45-60 days as tentative timeline. Must be due to procuring approvals etc.

TD is only available on Top end variant everywhere and I was told it would NOT be available for Dynamic this month (or best case scenario , end of Aug/Early Sep).

Display vehicle available in Hyd - Kun BYD (Same color as the one shown in YT video).

Definitely a good choice to get this one with the dimensions and features it offers, especially if in your state there is some benefit on On-Road RTA charges. (In my case, that is non existent)
Pacifier is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed