Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2024, 01:33   #211
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 Review

Any idea on car availability and stocks in Mumbai. The dealer seems to act very pricey as only 1 showroom in entire Mumbai. Saying TD car is hardly available for 1-2 weeks as too many inquiries for the base model.

I was unaware of this cars existence about a couple of days back and was looking at ICE models like XUV700 and suddenly find myself highly interested in this car after I saw a few videos and brochures mainly attracted by the seemingly safer battery technology and good enough range and features even in base model. It obviously seems better than the MG ZS EV and much better than Nexon LR on paper. Given the dimensions of equivalent cars (C2 segment) on Road price for this is almost at par with Creta/Seltos/Alcazar top models.

Hope I am not missing any catch here.
Old 28th July 2024, 01:13   #212
BHPian

I visited the Landmark BYD showroom in Mumbai today. There were 2 display cars one black and one grey. Did not like the black colour with dark interiors but the grey looked fabulous with the white and blue interiors. Although it was the older model the one with “Build Your Dreams” instead of BYD on boot door.

Must say the interior quality is next level not found in cars of this segment.

However there was no TD car in the showroom so could not test drive.

The sales guy was quite ill informed on certain things.

Like I asked him that I did not like the blackened panel on the exterior on the C/D pillar which was silver earlier and glossy black looks tacky. He said it’s only for Cosmos black colour. But some research on YouTube and it seems it is now black for all colours unfortunately . This silver looked rich like the Tucson.

Similarly he said dark interiors are only for Black colour however Malaysia/Singapore website says dark interior is for Black and Grey colour White and Blue get light and there is no reason to believe it will be different here.

There was no other colour on display and he said it will be difficult to show a car in blue and white colour.

They did not have the Dynamic variant on display and have no plans to keep it as a display vehicle.

I asked about the 1000 cycles Vs 5000 on UK and he said BYD has different model Atto for UK and India which I don’t believe is true.

There is no connected car feature.

Car availability is about 45-60 days. There is a documentation charge of 40k which has no basis.

I believe it’s a good car, why did they change the exterior colour scheme on a beautiful Car is beyond me.

Will get to TD the car in next week when he will get the car to my home/office.
rkv_hunter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2024, 17:17   #213
BHPian

I joined some facebook group of ByD Atto 3 owners. I feel many are complaining about problems they are facing with dealers and service centres.
Old 28th July 2024, 21:08   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
I joined some facebook group of ByD Atto 3 owners. I feel many are complaining about problems they are facing with dealers and service centres.
Any brand that imports the car via CBU or CKD is bound to have a bit delay in service. Especially when it comes to body panels and parts. Same goes for VW group or any luxury brands who are importing or doing CKD assembly. At least in Pune BYD has opened an EV specific service center. Hope this continues and they keep adding more service centres in future.

Having said that could you please elaborate more on what specific issues you are referring to? As per few reddit threads both in India and outside, the reviews are mostly positive.

Last edited by newenergy : 28th July 2024 at 21:10.
newenergy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 08:04   #215
BHPian

I didn't get any detailed issues. But there were quite a few rants against dealers and service centres of not being able to solve issues. It seemes common to the cases of cars being brought under CBU etc.
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 19:28   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
Only thing missing is their Mobile App. Any clue on if that is even in the works for India?
Don't have high hopes for mobile App, connectivity features, inbuilt SIM card etc. BYD officials have been evading this question for years now and till date do not have any answer for the same.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks