Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2024, 18:42   #871
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review- Buying process and experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHkumar View Post
Hi everyone,
I’d like to share my initial ownership review and experiences from a few long trips (400-450 km per day) with my Tata Tiago EV XT LR

Attachment 2641587
Taken at the time of delivery by yours truly!
Attachment 2641586
!
It seems Tata has changed instruments cluster. Ziptron badging has been done away with it.
Does it mean 2024 Tiago EV is using a new Battery powertrain architecture like new gen Tata EV?
Old 19th August 2024, 12:02   #872
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
The latest the Service centre has told me is that they are now replacing the Steering column assembly under the warranty. Also they have made warranty claim for the tyres being worn beyond reasonable wear for a car under one year (which is also contributing to some noise they're saying). I will report back once the car is back in 3 days.

But one thing my driver told me is that apparently many Tiago's are coming back with the same issue here.
A quick update here. Both the front tyres got replaced, the dealership offered some discount but Apollo just refused saying it is normal wear and tear. The tyres had worn out in less than a year and around 9k kms. It is absolutely appalling. Moreover the Apollo guys got the wrong tyres installed "by mistake", they fitted someone's wagon r tyres in mine and delivered the car. This of course got corrected the next day. The steering assembly has been replaced along with both front shock absorbers now. The QC in these vehicles is absolutely appalling. Tata needs to stop pushing prototype vehicles to us. I extended the warranty for 4 more years after this.
Old 27th August 2024, 12:31   #873
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review- Buying process and experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
It seems Tata has changed instruments cluster. Ziptron badging has been done away with it.
Does it mean 2024 Tiago EV is using a new Battery powertrain architecture like new gen Tata EV?
Yeah I have same question, or is this new change just a part of software update ?
Old 28th August 2024, 13:37   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
My vehicle makes a "drrrrrrr" sound while accelerating and regenerating...

He called his engineer who apparently asked for some data. The mechanic says that he requires 2 days to collect this data. This data will be forwarded to the engineer who will decide the next course of action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
...a day after delivery, similar noise started appearing from front wheel while driving... Tata vendor inspected the car and suggested e-Drive replacement.
I faced the exact same issue in my Tiago EV after 22K on Odo. A faint humming/ "drrrrrrr" sound was coming for last few days. Range was also reduced & I was worried about battery degradation also.

During the 4th paid service, I pointed out this noise & it was identified as abnormal sound from motor/ drive. Videos & data was collected & sent to the Tata engineer. I was asked to come after 2 days & get the e-drive replaced. I went back after a week & motor was replaced within 4-5 hours. Car is back to being silent & with the new motor, range is also improved. SOH is 99% after 23K kms in 1.5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
Hi. Still waiting for the part to be delivered. It is expected to be delivered by the next Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Update - I got my car back from Workshop after almost 10 days. They have replaced the E Drive (Motor) assembly completely under warranty.
In EVs, motor number is captured in Engine Number field & it has to be correctly updated in the RTO & insurance records. My service advisor has no idea & he mentioned that they have never updated the motor number in past. How did you manage to update the new motor number in the RTO & insurance records? Any info on this would be really helpful.
maverick.vkv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2024, 15:14   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKINA View Post
Hey guys.

Need some advice.

Tiago EV LR XZ+ Tech Plus bought in March 2023. It was one of the 1st cars manufactured as the vin shows December 2022.

After close to 14,000 kms I have encountered the dreaded HV Critical Error but not just that...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Update:-

So i got the car charged to 100% and tried using it again. Everything worked fine initially.
However this time when the car hit 46% SOC the limp home mode began flashing followed by the HV error. I was on the W.E. highway on my way to Oberoi Mall so I carried on in the hopes that I can charge there.
Just as I entered the basement parking the car cut out. After cycling the iginition on and off it finally started long enough for me to park at the charger. Charging was done till 82% SOC and then i left for home.

The following day I immediately scheduled an appointment to bring her in to the ASC at Worli.
Shockingly the appointment date I receieved was for the 9th of September, almost a month away. The reason, huge load of EVs at the service centre. This was also true of the other ASC's i enquired with.

Sadly it seems that while TATA is selling EVs like hot cakes they are struggling to service and maintain them.

Finally the appointment date arrived and having charged the car to 100% SOC the previous night I set out for the Worli ASC which is about 40kms from my residence. Luckily dropped off the car with no issues apart from the usual long wait to meet the service advisor. They said that they will check the battery condition etc. and get back to me.

Just got a call a few minutes back saying that the entire HV battery pack is going to be replaced. Timeline approx is 10 days.

The battery pack will be a refurbushed unit according to them and the original battery warranty will remain the same as before. They have asked me to pick up the car and use it but the SOC should not go below 50%. Once they receive the replacement battery pack they will ask me to come in again.

Is this ok? Should i be asking them for anything else specifically?
I have asked them to send me the same in writing via email.
AKINA is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks