Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2024, 20:51   #841
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Avoid buying the Blaupunkt dashcam which is a recommended part of accessories from Tata Motors.

The dashcam has many issues, the internal system doesn't work perfectly. Loop recording is enabled and yet I have to format card every now and then because it gets full as it keeps saving unnecessary videos at times in the 'LOCK' folder.

Another basic thing it lacks is it doesn't have the wifi mode to view the footage, instead we have to remove the micro SD card and plug it somewhere else to view.

We can however view it in the dashcam only but the display is so small I am sure no one would prefer to view saved clips on it.
userAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 07:59   #842
Senior - BHPian

Just read this in our t-bhp review. Is this true for tiago ev-

Tata has integrated their recent electric cars with a useful feature to go with this rotary transmission dial. Say you’re at a traffic signal, you no longer have to switch to ‘N’ and pull the handbrake. You can just pull the handbrake in ‘D’ mode and the creep function is disengaged, so the car won’t move. Neat integration, but the customers will have to be educated about this.
Old 29th July 2024, 09:30   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Just read this in our t-bhp review. Is this true for tiago ev-

Tata has integrated their recent electric cars with a useful feature to go with this rotary transmission dial. Say you’re at a traffic signal, you no longer have to switch to ‘N’ and pull the handbrake. You can just pull the handbrake in ‘D’ mode and the creep function is disengaged, so the car won’t move. Neat integration, but the customers will have to be educated about this.
Yes, this is true and the update has been done on older cars like my tigor ev also. I just pull up the handbrake at signals and leave it in D mode. It wont move forward even after you release the handbrake. A tap on the accelerator and it moves off. Works a treat and its sort of manual hold function.
Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 09:58   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Yes, this is true and the update has been done on older cars like my tigor ev also. I just pull up the handbrake at signals and leave it in D mode. It wont move forward even after you release the handbrake. A tap on the accelerator and it moves off. Works a treat and its sort of manual hold function.
Thanks for the confirmation. Really useful feature. How the engineering guys missed this simple trick till now is surprising?

Will this make the creep function void?
Old 29th July 2024, 10:35   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Thanks for the confirmation. Really useful feature. How the engineering guys missed this simple trick till now is surprising?

Will this make the creep function void?
Creep will be deactivated any time you pull the handbrake. After that a tap on the accelerator and it's reactivated. In fact this applies to AMT cars also. The moment you pull the handbrake it shifts to N although the display still shows 1. Same technique, release the handbrake and tap the accelerator to engage D. Do the same in our spresso AMT also.
Old 29th July 2024, 15:46   #846
BHPian

Hi guys
I have booked a Tiago Ev LR XT. one car is available and the month of manufacture is may. Is that ok. I was planning to go for a pdi today. I have not paid them for the car apart from the booking amount.

If the pdi goes ok, can I proceed with the car or should I wait for a newer car.

How to decode VIN in tiago EV?

Thanks.
Old 29th July 2024, 16:25   #847
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by differential View Post
Hi guys
I have booked a Tiago Ev LR XT. one car is available and the month of manufacture is may. Is that ok. I was planning to go for a pdi today. I have not paid them for the car apart from the booking amount.

If the pdi goes ok, can I proceed with the car or should I wait for a newer car.

Thanks.
A month or two isn't an issue, get the PDI done and see if it's alright, if it is you may proceed. Are you getting any discounts on the car, if yes its fine, just for your information here are the discounts available:

Tata Tiago EV Long Range - Rs 50K Cash Discount (XT) / Rs 40K (XZ+)
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 16:32   #848
BHPian

just for your information here are the discounts available:

Tata Tiago EV Long Range - Rs 50K Cash Discount (XT) / Rs 40K (XZ+)[/quote]

Hi Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes, I got the above mentioned discounts and they have matched my insurance quote and 5k discount on accessories if I take the accessories package.

I have not yet decided on the accessories. At present I am considering only the mudflaps and floor mats.

They are promoting something called a 7d mat with velcro. Will have to check it out.

Happy motoring.
differential is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 19:56   #849
BHPian

Hi,

I went to have a look at the car. Switched it on, and moved it around the stockyard. checked the AC, Audio and charger. The car has come with Apollo tyres.

Overall happy with the car and the SA at SGA TATA coimbatore.

Completed the payments and have opted for the mud flaps and the 7D floor mats. They have given me option for 2 type 14 inch alloy wheels. Yet to decide on that and the sun film.

So waiting for registration and delivery this Saturday.
differential is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 20:21   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I went to have a look at the car. Switched it on, and moved it around the stockyard. checked the AC, Audio and charger. The car has come with Apollo tyres.

Overall happy with the car and the SA at SGA TATA coimbatore.

Completed the payments and have opted for the mud flaps and the 7D floor mats. They have given me option for 2 type 14 inch alloy wheels. Yet to decide on that and the sun film.

So waiting for registration and delivery this Saturday.
You'll love the Tiago EV as a city car!
I believe newer cars alao come with the solar sensor on the dashboard for the ACC system. This provides perceivably better temperature control.
I think all Tata EVs come with Apollo tyres with low rolling resistance. My personal opinion would be to get floor mats from outside.

Dont forget to PDI a Tata car!

Last edited by coldice4u : 29th July 2024 at 20:30.
coldice4u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 20:53   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
You'll love the Tiago EV as a city car!
I believe newer cars alao come with the solar sensor on the dashboard for the ACC system. This provides perceivably better temperature control.
I think all Tata EVs come with Apollo tyres with low rolling resistance. My personal opinion would be to get floor mats from outside.

Dont forget to PDI a Tata car!
I am not aware of the Solar sensor. I have checked the car, drove it around, plugged it to a charger. Do I still need to do another PDI. I believe the car would already be registered to my name when I see it next.
Old 30th July 2024, 13:23   #852
BHPian

Quote:
I am not aware of the Solar sensor. I have checked the car, drove it around, plugged it to a charger. Do I still need to do another PDI. I believe the car would already be registered to my name when I see it next.
Hi. I only noticed later that you had already checked out the car. Apologies for that.
There's a exhaustive PDI checklist available on the forum and i was referring to the same.
Old 30th July 2024, 15:36   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Thanks.
Already tried this and it works seamlessly. Nifty feature and thanks to team bhp review for highlighting it as I didn't see this mentioned anywhere.

Quote:
Hi guys

Thanks.
I took delivery last Friday.
It's a June 24 manufactured car.

Check this link to decode the vin-
https://www.v3cars.com/car-guide/how...acturing-date#

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
A month or two isn't an issue, get the PDI done and see if it's alright, if it is you may proceed. Are you getting any discounts on the car, if yes its fine, just for your information here are the discounts available:

Tata Tiago EV Long Range - Rs 50K Cash Discount (XT) / Rs 40K (XZ+)
This is true.
However as per my information this discount is valid till 31st July.

Forgot to mention in this thread.
Took delivery of Tiago LR XZ Plus last Friday.
Already driven around 300km in 4 days. Good experience so far. Will update as things progress. This car is for wife but I am liking it so much that I prefer driving it whenever I can
Attaching a pic outside the temple on delivery day. In the background our Diesel tiago is visible as well as Sonet which is my daily drive and Tiago diesel is primarily driven by my father.

Edit- Few more details-
We initially booked XT LR. But, after evaluating between XT and XZ plus features there were some essential ones missing like Rear camera and Cruise control, fog lamps, projector headlamps, DRL etc which can't be fitted after market as Tata doesn't allow any tinkering with electrical. So, changed booking to XZ plus within a day.

Got the car in 5 days flat. On road with Haryana registration was 10.56lac. In actual it will cost around 11.40 something on road after discounts etc but we got it for this price due to personal relationship with owner of dealership. Let's just say got the car at cost price to dealership so couldn't be more happy about it

BTW, how can there be a tata car and no niggles. Already 2 of them-

1st- Charging socket doesn't open when lever is pulled. Have to pull the lever fully and open the socket with a key pushing it out from the side. Then it isn't closing properly as well. Will get this rectified tomorrow.

2nd- some small rattling sound coming from the driver door or window. Will get this rectified too.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_2979.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_2981.jpeg  

Last edited by harry10 : 30th July 2024 at 15:55.
harry10 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2024, 21:37   #854
BHPian

Taking delivery of the car this weekend. Got the Legrand box for charging. It’s just a 16 amps with an isolater tripper. As I already have another 16 amps in my parking connected to a separate phase in my DCB, I have refused installation from the Tata power vendor.

I have used this power outlet a few times to charge my friends car and it works well.

I guess I can use this box elsewhere.

BTW got insurance from the dealer and they matched my quote.

Seems to be a good deal with the green bonus.

I was especially worried about the resale after 5-6 yrs. I believe that’s something we can’t predict now. Better to enjoy the car.

Has anyone taken the extended warranty?
Old 31st July 2024, 13:21   #855
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here opted for Extended warranty?
Should we go for it and what's the price?
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed