Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2024, 09:45   #826
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Need guidance regarding insurance.

So our Zero Dep insurance period expires soon and have been spammed from various Insurance Companies regarding renewal.

A bit of research and have come to know there is EV Car insurance as well.

Now see for our Ev vehicles, Tata does provide warranty for battery and motor, and a warranty period.

My question is, is it preferable to get EV insurance which includes Zero Dep cover ? Or just stick with the usual ones?
Thanks for asking this. I too am in a similar situation and would like to know if anyone has taken extended warranty and how much did they pay. I have been asking repeateadly and even after 8 months the dealership has not been forthcoming about the clear price for extended warranty.
bhargav_dave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2024, 10:27   #827
BHPian

Guys

The AEC is on my car and in Zconnect application is always different. The average difference is about 15%. Why is it so and which one is accurate? For example today after a 50 kms of driving car is showing AEC as 118 and the application is showing 102.
Old 23rd May 2024, 12:12   #828
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Guys

The AEC is on my car and in Zconnect application is always different. The average difference is about 15%. Why is it so and which one is accurate? For example today after a 50 kms of driving car is showing AEC as 118 and the application is showing 102.
Wait till you find out the AEC on the display is less than the actual AEC if you calculate kms run vs battery consumed
Old 26th May 2024, 08:01   #829

Hi everyone,

Last week, I booked a Tata Tiago EV XT LR variant in teal blue color. The car was in transit to their Bellary dealership in Karnataka and was to be driven to their branch in Raichur, Karnataka, where I had booked the vehicle.

On Friday, I was informed that the car was unloaded in Bellary and driven to Raichur (around 180 km apart). So, I visited their yard in Raichur, Karnataka, and I was shown the car. The car was dusty and had an odometer reading of 182 km. I checked everything, including the month and year of manufacturing, which was May 2024. However, the only point of concern is that the car has tires from 2023! The markings on the tires were '3223', and the tires were of MRF make. This was confusing, as an April make Tiago EV had Apollo tires with markings '1224'.

When I questioned the sales guy, he expressed his helplessness, stating that the car was unloaded two days prior and maybe they installed old tires at the factory. I'm currently confused with this disparity and weighing my options. Please help me figure out this issue.
Old 29th May 2024, 13:22   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHHkumar View Post
Hi everyone,

Last week, I booked a Tata Tiago EV XT LR variant in teal blue color. The car was in transit to their Bellary dealership in Karnataka and was to be driven to their branch in Raichur, Karnataka, where I had booked the vehicle.

On Friday, I was informed that the car was unloaded in Bellary and driven to Raichur (around 180 km apart). So, I visited their yard in Raichur, Karnataka, and I was shown the car. The car was dusty and had an odometer reading of 182 km. I checked everything, including the month and year of manufacturing, which was May 2024. However, the only point of concern is that the car has tires from 2023! The markings on the tires were '3223', and the tires were of MRF make. This was confusing, as an April make Tiago EV had Apollo tires with markings '1224'.

When I questioned the sales guy, he expressed his helplessness, stating that the car was unloaded two days prior and maybe they installed old tires at the factory. I'm currently confused with this disparity and weighing my options. Please help me figure out this issue.
Can be possible to have vehicle with tires of couple of months old, however in your case 3223 means tires are of Aug-2023 and to me it's concerning. Almost 9 months old.

Can you check with other vehicles in dealer's yard to understand any pattern? I know EVs have different tires compare to their petrol/diesel variant but stock of other Tata cars with similar manufacturing month. Also, what have you decided on this.

Thanks,
Pradip.
pradipk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 16:33   #831

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradipk View Post
Can be possible to have vehicle with tires of couple of months old, however in your case 3223 means tires are of Aug-2023 and to me it's concerning. Almost 9 months old.

Can you check with other vehicles in dealer's yard to understand any pattern? I know EVs have different tires compare to their petrol/diesel variant but stock of other Tata cars with similar manufacturing month. Also, what have you decided on this.

Thanks,
Pradip.
Actually the vehicle was invoiced yesterday, had a word with sales advisor and manager but as the vehicle is invoiced already the ball is in their court now.
As I couldn't find any other flaws or concerns with the vehicle I'm going ahead with the delivery with fingers crossed.
HHHkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 15:46   #832
BHPian

Got 'electrified' guys! Thanks a lot to all you wonderful members for your feedback and opinions that made my buying decision easy.

It's the Teal Blue Tiago XT Long Range model. Total on-road price was 10.5 lakhs. I got a 70k green-bonus discount.

I did a small PDI the day before just to make sure everything was in place.

The car is fantastic. Lite, nimble and has beautiful ride quality like my old Hexa. The quality seems very good. Will keep posting my views as I keep riding it more.

One of the best car buying experience's I have had with Jasper Tata, Komaplly. Special mention about my sales rep Mahesh who was very prompt, polite and courteous. I kept my expectations very low and was expecting the 'Tata' treatment but was pleasantly surprised. They promptly provided me a test drive and saw us through the whole buying process with great care and interest. I would definitely recommend this dealer if you are looking to buy one in Hyd. This car purchase has been a 10/10 experience for us. Great job Tata and Jasper!

Will keep updating as I go along and its good to be back with a Tata after 3 years! (Old Hexa owner)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-unnamed.jpg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-unnamed2.jpg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-unnamed3.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 00:42   #833
BHPian

So did the last free service, the 3rd one.

Weird experience this time.

Asked the service center to diagnose the battery for HV critical error at 10% SOC.

They said nothing abnormal whatsoever. The reason they gave us that maybe the battery got heated a bit too much hence it might have thrown that error.

The weird thing they suggested us was to do fast charging after every 3 slow charging sessions.

I was surprised to hear that honestly. I have read and heard about performing a slow charge after 4 fast charging sessions.
Going to checkup again on that comment from them.

Another thing I have to add.

Zconnect was working perfecting fine. Its not working anymore. Its stuck at the location of service center itself. I slow-charged my vehicle from 20% soc, and was hoping the app would get back to normal in the meantime, it didn't happen. Its still showing data till 1st June only.

Did the service center guys in any way alter the esim settings perhaps ?

Last edited by userAditya : 4th June 2024 at 00:47. Reason: Added a line.
Old 4th June 2024, 08:50   #834
BHPian

Quote:
The weird thing they suggested us was to do fast charging after every 3 slow charging sessions.

I was surprised to hear that honestly. I have read and heard about performing a slow charge after 4 fast charging sessions.
Going to checkup again on that comment from them.
Might be to check if the battery cooling part is working. EV_Fan had a problem with his kona's battery cooling due to failed expansion valve as documented below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5714593 (Hyundai Kona | A wonderful car with an Achilles heel)

When I met him in person, he too was encouraging once in a while Fast charging just to make sure you do not have surprises hidden.

Quote:
Zconnect was working perfecting fine. Its not working anymore. Its stuck at the location of service center itself. I slow-charged my vehicle from 20% soc, and was hoping the app would get back to normal in the meantime, it didn't happen. Its still showing data till 1st June only.
My zconnect app stopped working after 1 year and I did update the subscription and it continued to not work . Last week I had my 30K service where they reset the telemetry and reinstalled the app and it started working (the suggestion came from the zconnect help line and the service centre carried out the resetting). I hope it helps.

electric_eel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 13:33   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Might be to check if the battery cooling part is working. EV_Fan had a problem with his kona's battery cooling due to failed expansion valve as documented below.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post5714593 (Hyundai Kona | A wonderful car with an Achilles heel)

When I met him in person, he too was encouraging once in a while Fast charging just to make sure you do not have surprises hidden.

My zconnect app stopped working after 1 year and I did update the subscription and it continued to not work . Last week I had my 30K service where they reset the telemetry and reinstalled the app and it started working (the suggestion came from the zconnect help line and the service centre carried out the resetting). I hope it helps.

nothing, its like windows needing a reboot once in a while to fix stuck state. they just unplug the telemetry box and then disconnect the battery so that it is completely powered down and then turn it back on.
vj_v3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 13:38   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
Hi all. My Tiago EV that I purchased around a year ago has been giving small issues on and off. Here is a list:

1. Both front shock absorbers had to be changed as it had started to make noise. First the driver and then the passengers.
2. The noise while turning left has persisted and the service centre is just saying that this noise will not go away. It is a screeching noise that you normally hear from over used taxis. I am not technically oriented when it comes to automobiles so not sure what this is. Could it be bad suspension, axel?
3. The car had to be towed a couple of times due to battery failure. The car just won't start and the problem was fixed after a full reset of the system.
4. After the last service 3 weeks ago there was a more worrying issue. I started the car at 92% battery. Something funny happened and the car lost around 25% charge in 2kms which then messed up my range completely. Could be the Ahmedabad heat but it has never given such issue before even in peak afternoon 40 degrees. So not sure what went down. The problem hasn't occurred again but I am not completely convinced about the QC of these vehicles.

The screeching noise from suspension when turning is usually due to Elastic pads (Strut pads). This is a part that is installed on top of the shockers inside the bonnet.
vj_v3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th June 2024, 19:35   #837
BHPian

The latest the Service centre has told me is that they are now replacing the Steering column assembly under the warranty. Also they have made warranty claim for the tyres being worn beyond reasonable wear for a car under one year (which is also contributing to some noise they're saying). I will report back once the car is back in 3 days.

But one thing my driver told me is that apparently many Tiago's are coming back with the same issue here.
bhargav_dave is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 11:09   #838
BHPian

Quote:

I immediately called our service center advisor who promptly received my call and advised me to tow the vehicle to nearest charging station or at any charger and charge the vehicle. He also suggested never to go below 15-20% SOC.
Tata has been covering up their incompetency in rectifying such Tata specific issues by giving impractical advice of not going below 10% SOC or even charging the vehicle upto 100% everytime while DC fast charging.
shrey220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2024, 19:51   #839
BHPian

Boot was not closing at all ergo car was remaining unlocked (all doors). Been exactly one year since we got the car.

Service center changed the entire mechanism, free of cost. Came under warranty.

Meanwhile here are the things which are covered under warranty.

Attached image straight from the manual. Refer page 231, 232 and 233 for the same.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-4a6f992dcac04646ba8c578839cfeeed.jpeg

Tiago EV has 36 months warranty or till 1,25,000 km.

A suggestion I need. Service center asked me to get AMC. Should I get one ? Has anyone got benefits from it?

Last edited by userAditya : 6th July 2024 at 20:03.
Old 8th July 2024, 11:21   #840

Quote:
A suggestion I need. Service center asked me to get AMC. Should I get one ? Has anyone got benefits from it?
I doubt, infact my ASC said that since there is minimal maintainance for EV's the AMC does not make sense.
AKINA is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks