Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2023, 12:14   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
1. It is not EV focused, it was made as ICE platform.
2. No, the efficiency will be lower than Tiago due to the body shape and weight. The drag will be higher on this one than tiago.
While i don't have any scientific or technical base , What i understand is that Punch EV will be on the Sigma platform (derived from the Alpha Arc) which is not a grounds up electric platform but it is a heavily modified ICE platform.

It is rumored to not have the transmission tunnel and have a flat floor and that it will have better battery packaging.

The efficiency bit will be true
Old 3rd January 2023, 15:04   #62
BHPian

A boxy car is not good in aerodynamic, Tiago has a bit of low roof, and would be a better aerodynamic package. this also reflects in its small battery pack of 24kwh giving 315km ARAI range almost same as 30.2kwh battery pack of nexon ev.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2023, 15:52   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydevil View Post
Did any of the dealers give update on the expected TD timelines? I am one of the first ones in queue at my local Tata dealer ; in early December the sales exec mentioned that TD vehicles are expected in last week of December and the deliveries are supposed to start on 26th January, coinciding with the national holiday. However, it's already 2023 and there are still no signs of the TD vehicles.
Tata Tiago Electric Review-screenshot_20230103154940.png

This popped up on my YouTube feed today. Anyone able to get a TD already?
crazydevil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 11:39   #64
BHPian

Noticed that the Tiago EV website now has the button for requesting test drives.
I checked with my SA who as expected does not have any clue on when TD vehicles will be available. Also has anyone got quotes for insurance from outside? I called up a few and got zero dep quotes between 30-35k.
coldice4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 17:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

You can now test drive the Tata Tiago EV

The Tata Tiago EV was launched in September last year. Finally, after a 3-month wait, Tata Motors’ most affordable electric car is available for test drives.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-2022tatatiagoev01.jpg

The Tiago EV is available in four variants with prices starting at Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). More than 20,000 cars have been booked already and deliveries are expected to begin in the coming weeks.

The Tiago EV uses Tata’s Ziptron high-voltage architecture featuring a permanent magnet synchronous electric motor. It comes with two battery options: a 19.2 kWh battery pack offering a maximum range of 250 km and a 24 kWh battery offering 315 km (MIDC) on a single charge. Lower variants come with a 3.3 kW AC charger, while a 7.2 kW AC charger is available on the top-spec XZ+ Tech LUX trim.

The Tiago EV is also compatible with fast charging. The battery can be charged from 10-80% in 57 minutes using a DC fast charger.
TusharK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 08:39   #66
BHPian

Checked with 3 different dealerships for Tiago EV test drive in 3 different cities & replies are as follows :
1. Puneet Motors, Prabhadevi (Mumbai) - Test drives will start from 9-10 Jan-23.
2. Panchajanya Automobiles, Warje (Pune) - Test drives will probably start from next weekend (14-Jan-23).
3. KHT Motors, Kundalahalli (Bangalore) - Test drive cars are in trasnit.
dhrishikesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 18:35   #67
BHPian

Demo cars have started reaching showrooms
coldice4u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 18:49   #68
BHPian

Are there any things which we need to be aware with regard to the low rolling resistance tyres used in Tiago.ev?
Is the breaking distance (assuming regen level 1) more than conventional tyres?
Any concerns on wet roads?
Old 7th January 2023, 12:12   #69
BHPian

Had an opportunity to test drive the Tiago EV today morning. Am impressed with the car. The car drives extremely well with smooth acceleration and decent ride comfort. My major concern was the roll back while starting up an incline. The car does roll back a few inches when the brake is released before the hill assist kicks in and the car moves forward. But if the handbrake is engaged, then there is absolutely no roll back and the handbrake is strong enough to hold the car.

Last edited by GLAD73 : 7th January 2023 at 12:14.
GLAD73 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 12:19   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLAD73 View Post
Had an opportunity to test drive the Tiago EV today morning. Am impressed with the car. The car drives extremely well with smooth acceleration and decent ride comfort. My major concern was the roll back while starting up an incline. The car does roll back a few inches when the brake is released before the hill assist kicks in and the car moves forward. But if the handbrake is engaged, then there is absolutely no roll back and the handbrake is strong enough to hold the car.
GLAD73: Is this with D mode or S mode? How steep was the incline?
Old 7th January 2023, 12:33   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
GLAD73: Is this with D mode or S mode? How steep was the incline?
This was in D mode, the incline was quite steep and satisfied any concerns that I had about the roll back. The roll back is less than a foot but in a situation where there is any traffic close behind, the hand brake will have to be engaged, just as in an ICE car.
GLAD73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 13:12   #72
BHPian

Called Kropex, Key and KHT dealers this morning in Bangalore, update is that none of them have received a test drive car. They all said that the cars are in transit and only expect to have cars available at the showroom for test drives available by mid next week. So the wait continues, I will post an update once I have done the test drive.
Mile10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 12:52   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
Noticed that the Tiago EV website now has the button for requesting test drives.
I checked with my SA who as expected does not have any clue on when TD vehicles will be available. Also has anyone got quotes for insurance from outside? I called up a few and got zero dep quotes between 30-35k.
Which variant is this for? Its showing me 50k+ for the top variant. check on RS website.
Old 8th January 2023, 19:41   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Which variant is this for? Its showing me 50k+ for the top variant. check on RS website.
Most of the online sites barring ACKO did not have TIAGO EV listed. I got most of the quotes by calling them.
Old 9th January 2023, 11:47   #75
BHPian

Just got a call from my sales exec that the TD car arrived today morning. Am planning to go sometime this week.
crazydevil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks