Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2024, 19:30   #721
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi ferrarirules,

No Ac, no heater, no fan whatsoever. That’s what I have been trying to say in my posts. The climate control is completely off. Still the car is showing 50% energy consumption by climate control system. The car has 240 kms on odo. And I have only used climate control in first 10-15 kms. The climate control is completely off since then. Still I am barely getting 165 kms. I even visited the service centre. The head technician didn’t even look at the car and told me to discharge and recharge the car four times at least and then range should be settled. I asked him why it is showing battery consumption under climate control he had no answer. All he said was just go and discharge and recharge the car four times.
Pls ask Tata to thoroughly check the car. For non AC usage whkm should not cross more than 120-150 even most aggressive driving
mally2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 15:34   #722
BHPian

Since the Tiago and Tigor EV's are probably not going to get a facelift and will be phased out with their ICE counterparts - I wish they got a new breath of life with a refresh. Guess there won't be many takers for the hatch with the jacked up Punch around (My wife and kids find SUVs and pseudo SUVs uncomfortable as they have motion sickness - guess we are a minority).

The infotainment system and MID in Tiago/Tigor EV's has no place in a modern EV. They feel archaic and old . Wonder why Tata launched it with them. Since the HVAC controls are integrated - I don't think there is a way to upgrade the unit (unless they launch a refresh with an upgraded unit and it is backward compatible). The Casio style MID has poor design for warnings and alerts. You can easily miss them. Point to self is to evaluate electronics of a car considering that you are going to keep the car for 5 years or longer. If it feels old already - it is going to feel ancient in couple of years (looking at how rapidly technology is evolving - especially on EV's).

Tata Tiago Electric Review-tiago_concept.jpg

Last edited by thomahawk : 22nd January 2024 at 15:53.
thomahawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 08:27   #723
BHPian

Hey guys,

Picking up a tiago ev, doing the pdi today. anything specific I should keep in mind for an ev pdi. Do let me know

Cheers
Cliff
Old 30th January 2024, 15:54   #724
BHPian

Hi all,
As a first time EV owner, I always had the doubt of time gained during a Highway trip by speeding up versus time gained by charging less. I regularly take one trip from Madurai to Karaikal every week, which is about 275 KM one way. Out of the 275 km, about 185 km is on a 4-way NH and the remaining 90 Km is on a 2 lane State Highway. I am usually a relaxed driver and rarely cross 100 KMPH on the 4-way highway. In fact, the roads here are good enough for me to maintain a cruise control set speed of 95 KMPH most of the time. I did 3 trips to find out which strategy is better. (For the sake of uniformity, I am just considering the onward trip - Madurai to Karaikal)

Trip 1:
Vehicle: Suzuki XL6 Petrol AT (4 Speed)
Set 95 kmph cruise control for most of my first 185 kms and did a relaxing 50-70 kmph speed for the remaining 90 KM
Total Trip Time: 4hr 55 mins
Coffee Break: 10 min
Effective Travel Time: 4hr 45m

Trip 2:
Vehicle: Tata Tiago EV LR
Being XT trim, My Tiago EV does not have cruise control. So maintained a speed of 90 to 95 kmph for the first 185 kms and a similar relaxing 50-70 kmph for the remaining 90 KM. I got an average of 130 Km/Wh and hence had to make 2 charging stops. One on the outskirts of Trichy and the other in Tanjore. Started the Trip with 100 % charge and ended the trip with 20% Charge. So charging time was well optimised and I don’t think I could have reduced the charging time. I toped up 60% charge in total.
Total Trip Time: 5hr 44m
Charging time: 54m (40 + 14)
Effective Travel Time: 4hr 50m

Trip 3:
Vehicle: Tata Tiago EV LR
This time around maintained a speed of 75 to 80 kmph for the first 185 km and a strict 50-60 kmph for the next 90 km. The average electricity consumption was a remarkable 105 Km/Wh. This enabled me to skip one charging break and just did one charging in the outskirts of Trichy. In this trip too I started with 100% and Ended up with 21%. I topped up 38% in total.

Total Trip Time: 5hr 32 mins
Charging Time: 36 mins
Effective Travel Time: 4hr 56m

Inference 1:
Time gained by speeding up is always sacrificed by charging the vehicle for more time. The efficiency of the vehicle (Km/Wh) takes a significant hit and with the current charging speeds (18 Kw/hr for Tiago EV) it is very easy to lose time.

Inference 2:
If I had a vehicle with a better range (Read Nexon EV LR) I could have easily made the trip without a charging stop and in the same time as my ICE vehicle. This is true because of my already relaxed driving style. Had I wanted to push the vehicle to 110Kmph or more even the Nexon EV would have needed a charging stop.

Inference 3:

With the current infrastructure of 25 and 30 Kw chargers, No matter how hard you optimise your trips, your charging time will always be greater than your break time. The only way the mass is going to enjoy EVs without a compromise is to increase charging speeds – Both Vehicle side and Charger side. Only if we can top up 100 km worth of charge in 10 mins, everyone is going to enjoy EVs on the highways with out complaining.

I am sure such a future is not far away until then I love my first EV – ”Tedha hai par mera hai
neethi_raj is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 16:27   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post

Trip 2:
I got an average of 130 Km/Wh and hence had to make 2 charging stops. One on
I guess you meant 130 Wh/km for otherwise you are some hyper-miling god who can do 24 * 1000 * 130 = 3120000 Kms for a single charge . By the way you can improve your efficiency to sub 100 on a tiago with no compromise on the speeds (75-80) (averaging I guess at about 60) if you avoid CC and use regen 0 (yes you read it correctly).

Last edited by electric_eel : 30th January 2024 at 16:29. Reason: correct calculation
electric_eel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 16:32   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
I guess you meant 130 Wh/km for otherwise you are some hyper-miling god who can do 24 * 1000 * 130 = 3120000 Kms for a single charge . By the way you can improve your efficiency to sub 100 on a tiago with no compromise on the speeds (75-80) (averaging I guess at about 60) if you avoid CC and use regen 0 (yes you read it correctly).
Thanks for pointing out the mistake. It is indeed Wh/Km

Mine is a XT version so I do not have Cruise Control. Maybe, I should try a 4th trip with Regen 0
Old 30th January 2024, 20:34   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Thanks for pointing out the mistake. It is indeed Wh/Km

Mine is a XT version so I do not have Cruise Control. Maybe, I should try a 4th trip with Regen 0
Regen 0 is god mode for highways. You will love the cruising ability almost like coasting with zero friction. But fret not the moment you apply brakes Regen also kicks in to assist so you have superior braking as well. You will smile as the whkm drops further. I’ve managed 89whkm with 5 members and boot full of luggage on blr Chennai expressway
mally2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2024, 22:22   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
I’ve managed 89whkm with 5 members and boot full of luggage on blr Chennai expressway

Is it a typo? I don't think blr chennai expressway is open to general public
Old 31st January 2024, 07:12   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Julien View Post
Is it a typo? I don't think blr chennai expressway is open to general public
Sorry I mean the highway not expressway
mally2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 09:47   #730
BHPian

The Zconnect app now actually shows images of your Tiago EV variant in the app. Earlier it used to show Nexon EV for all Zconnect users.

I spotted this few days back, forgot to post since I was busy. Here are the screenshots from the app.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-e81fa8508a85447482eeffd4a89db344.jpeg

Tata Tiago Electric Review-f3f4928226e547578ccf8bad3275bf1f.jpeg
userAditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 09:55   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
I swapped stock halogen headlights with the Blaupunkt LED units from their genuine accessory catalogue. I think you have the picture of the same model. Based on your car variant the dealer would suggest H4 or H7. Since mine is the Tech Lux with projector for low beam and reflector for high beam, they suggested installing H7 on reflectors and leave the projectors as stock as they don't have compatible replacement accessory in stock.
Yeah I was told the same here in Pune at Panchajanya Service Center, near Warje. The throw of low beam projector is not good at all where there are no street lights in some parts of bigger (main) roads. You need to switch to high beam which does the job.

I asked the service center associate to notify me as soon as led lights become available inside the low beam projector. They do it for old Nexon EV models, wonder what is different with Tiago EV.

Also I am intrigued why car companies do not give users the option of going full LED in all aspects. Be it brake lights, indicators, fog lights and low beam & high beam.
Old 6th February 2024, 02:26   #732

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinDev View Post
Alright. Another two issues I noticed today.

1.While we go over bumps, brakes engaged, the car tends to leap forward!
:
I am facing the same leap action while braking on rough sections. Any idea on why exactly is this happening?
Old 6th February 2024, 15:59   #733

Hello All,

Has anyone received the FAME subsidy amount? Soon our Tiago will be completing 1 year of ownership and we have no clue about the FAME subsidy amount. The dealership shrugs it off by saying that it's a government process hence they have no idea about it. I even shot an email to TATA customer service and received the reply that the I will receive a call from the regional head office. It's been months but I have not received any calls.

I am completely clueless about whom or where to get in touch about this. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
Old 6th February 2024, 17:35   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushar_chand View Post
Hello All,

Has anyone received the FAME subsidy amount? Soon our Tiago will be completing 1 year of ownership and we have no clue about the FAME subsidy amount. The dealership shrugs it off by saying that it's a government process hence they have no idea about it. I even shot an email to TATA customer service and received the reply that the I will receive a call from the regional head office. It's been months but I have not received any calls.

I am completely clueless about whom or where to get in touch about this. Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
I don't think the FAME subsidy is for individuals. It's what the government pays as subsidies to manufacturers for producing EVs. It is a product linked incentive for auto manufacturers. Only subsidies for us are road tax discounts or waivers per the respective State governments.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2024, 18:48   #735

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
I don't think the FAME subsidy is for individuals. It's what the government pays as subsidies to manufacturers for producing EVs. It is a product linked incentive for auto manufacturers. Only subsidies for us are road tax discounts or waivers per the respective State governments.
Not sure then why did the dealer asked to submit a cancelled cheque at the time of delivery stating that it will be used for depositing the FAME subsidy amount later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks