Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2023, 15:14   #661
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Took the delivery last week of Tiago XT LR Tropical Mist.
The entire process from booking to delivery was satisfactory and I was happy with the services of the dealer M/s Sab Motors Ghaziabad.
The stock steel wheels and tyres (Apollo) were changed as soon as I got the delivery and in hindsight the decision was a good one because of the better aesthetic looks due to the alloys and better road grip because of the upgrade to Yokohama 185 profile tyres.

Attaching the pics for reference.
Congratulations for your new ride. Small footprint with a clean heart, perfect combination for a city car.

Don't want to play spoilsport but why do I feel that the FR and RR doors have got different colours. This seems like there's a different colour shades in front and rear of the car. Is it just me or others feel the same?
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 16:07   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Congratulations for your new ride. Small footprint with a clean heart, perfect combination for a city car.

Don't want to play spoilsport but why do I feel that the FR and RR doors have got different colours. This seems like there's a different colour shades in front and rear of the car. Is it just me or others feel the same?
You have an eagle eye indeed.!
Yes, there is a difference in the colour in the Front and Rear doors and it was evident while taking the delivery itself, but surprisingly it is seen ony when the light strikes at a certain angle.
Don't know how that happens, but I decided not to pursue the matter further because the inside of the door didn't have any signs of repainting.
As it is,the RTO formalities had been done so I couldn't have asked for a different car.
Almetal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 16:33   #663
BHPian

hello guys

can anyone please share the bill they got for second service of there tiago ev.

as 1st the company told me that it was a free service and then charged me 1.5k for gear oil change.

and that took 6 hous for this service without wheel balancing and alignment.

sad
Old 15th December 2023, 17:09   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
You have an eagle eye indeed.!
Yes, there is a difference in the colour in the Front and Rear doors and it was evident while taking the delivery itself, but surprisingly it is seen ony when the light strikes at a certain angle.
Don't know how that happens, but I decided not to pursue the matter further because the inside of the door didn't have any signs of repainting.
As it is,the RTO formalities had been done so I couldn't have asked for a different car.
If you happen to visit any car detailer like car spa etc, ask them to check the paint thickness, they do it for free. It will help you know if there was a repaint. If yes, confront the dealer that they should have been transparent with you because you are paying them real money. Get them in writing that if there's any paint issues in future, they shall cover for it because usually after a year or two, these things start showing signs of fading, peeling etc. I have burned my fingers as in one of my cars, the paint started to become rough and it was only few years later that I realised I was sold a car with repainted panel but by that time, it was too late as the A.S.S. people refused to acknowledge it.
sachin_cs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 17:36   #665
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by japneet_b View Post
hello guys

can anyone please share the bill they got for second service of there tiago ev.

as 1st the company told me that it was a free service and then charged me 1.5k for gear oil change.
Free service only includes labour. The consumables are to be paid for. You can download the EV TMSC app provided by Tata to know the cost for each service.
Old 15th December 2023, 17:46   #666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Another question.
Our home electricity is 6KW approved load. Is it enough for 3.3kw charger or do I need to get it changed. Also for 7.2KW charger how much should be approved KW for home? No plan for 7.2kw charger for now but in future we may get it.
Your electricity bill should usually show a value called RMD (Recorded maximum demand). you should ideally pull bills for the last 1 year and see the maximum RMD value (will typically be in the summer) and then add 2.8 - 3 kw to that to account for the charger to arrive at the approved load you need.

Some discoms are very strict about the Contracted load and some are not, so your upgrade decision will depend on that.
vj_v3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 17:49   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
Hi. Still waiting for the part to be delivered. It is expected to be delivered by the next Saturday. But, this is one of the many Saturdays and Mondays and Tuesdays that have passed and the material was not delivered.

Let's see what happens this time.
Hi,
Any further updates on this? Did you get the issue resolved?

I am having the same issue on my 15-day old Tiago (1500KM). The service engineers were very transparent that this is a drive train issue.

Just anxious to know how long did it take for your issue to be resolved and How has the new Drive train been holding.

Thanks in Advance
Old 18th December 2023, 19:45   #668
BHPian

I'm sad to see a very promising product battling so many battery and other niggling issues.

I will put the blame straight on the management at Tata who coordinate EV servicing. They are grossly incompetent and need to be fired.

Such lethargic attitude will definitely kill the product. I used to be a huge fan of Tata, and used to look upon the comments elsewhere in the forum's "TASS is hit or Miss" and dismiss them with a pinch of salt. Now I have started to take those comments with the seriousness.

No one wants to loose their peace of mind after shelling out close to 10 lakh rupees or higher and end up with a car in service centre.

Are Tata guys even reading this.

Being in the car business is a matter of passion. Managing it is more so. You can't have a management that can sit on issues without responding for days together. Then you are doing a disservice to yourself.
Old 21st December 2023, 11:23   #669
Senior - BHPian

Cancelled our tiago ev booking due to various reasons. Will wait to see Punch ev launch and will get back to car buying in couple of months.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2023, 12:09   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Cancelled our tiago ev booking due to various reasons. Will wait to see Punch ev launch and will get back to car buying in couple of months.
As a Tiago EV owner I'd say that's a wise decision
kpkeerthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 15:03   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
It definitely has a heating coil. However its not powerful enough to maintain a comfortable 26 degress in the current weathee and also very power hungry.

ICE cars derive heat from the coolant circuit which traps engine heat. Thus no further energy is needed for heating.
EVs have HVAC similar to our homes, there is no coil but a heat pump. It does not work like a coil, wherein heat is generated based on electrical resistance, this is quite efficient, you can happily use it. Keep in mind that both cooling and heating works in sync with the mode in which you are driving. Eco will have relatively muted performance of car as well as of HVAC (both heating and cooling). For all practical calculations, you may earmark 10 to 12% of battery for HVAC, ICE, battery cooling, brake pressure and lighting loads. This is the biggest penalty on range. When the SOC goes below 10 - 15% one of the reasons of slow speed / limp mode is to extend the range but also to manage / ensure car braking with limited brake booster pressure.

ICE engines on the other hand heat the car using a heat exchanger, thus it is virtually free, whereas cooling happens through belted rotary compressor with a clutch (don’t confuse with the transmission clutch), the compressor clutch simply couples and decouples the AC system from engine. For longer life of AC compressor in car, do not play with it (quick switch off and on) and simultaneously switch on the AC after pressing the clutch, in case you are at high speed, as pressing clutch will bring down engine rpm, resulting in reduced jerk on AC compressor.

Last edited by i74js : 22nd December 2023 at 15:18.
Old 23rd December 2023, 13:23   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
As a Tiago EV owner I'd say that's a wise decision
I know some tiago Ev owners are facing issues. Any particular one I should be wary of?

I know the working of the Tata service center closely and regarding tiago ev the main complaints are regarding it's range.
Old 23rd December 2023, 13:57   #673
BHPian

Quote:
I know some tiago Ev owners are facing issues. Any particular one I should be wary of?

I know the working of the Tata service center closely and regarding tiago ev the main complaints are regarding it's range.
Range is on par with what should be expected with a 24kw battery. I think fit and finish may be underwhelming. Else it’s a pretty simple no nonsense car
Old 23rd December 2023, 15:23   #674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neethi_raj View Post
Hi,
Any further updates on this? Did you get the issue resolved?

I am having the same issue on my 15-day old Tiago (1500KM). The service engineers were very transparent that this is a drive train issue.

Just anxious to know how long did it take for your issue to be resolved and How has the new Drive train been holding.

Thanks in Advance
Just received a call from my service engineer that TATA has confirmed this noise to be from faulty motor and that it will be replaced under warranty in a couple of weeks.

The car i still in running condition and will be doing the regular school drop duty until the parts arrive. Will keep you guys updated.
Old 25th December 2023, 10:12   #675
BHPian

22,000 kms update

I just completed the 3rd service at 22k kms. Costed me around Rs 1500. Rs 750 for general inspection/service and rest for some lubricants and consumables.

The car has been running flawlessly after the initial hiccup of "HV Critical Alert" which was solved by replacing the MCU and some wiring harness at 10,000 kms.

Last edited by anshumandun : 25th December 2023 at 10:12. Reason: typo
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks