Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2023, 16:46   #646
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Good observation. It must be having a heating coil which will again drink battery power like anything. India being a tropical and mostly hot country they must have skimped on the heating coil size and capacity.

This begs another question. Does normal ICE cars have any heating coil or the AC simply absorbs the engine heat when required ?
It definitely has a heating coil. However its not powerful enough to maintain a comfortable 26 degress in the current weathee and also very power hungry. I have seen the AEC shoot up like anything(AEC numbers are way higher than even when AC is used extensively) when the AEC tries to maintain the requested temperature. I think more expensive cars will have heat pump based systems compared to whats on the Tiago.

ICE cars derive heat from the coolant circuit which traps engine heat. Thus no further energy is needed for heating.

Last edited by coldice4u : 12th December 2023 at 16:48.
Old 13th December 2023, 09:02   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
I guess it’s bottles down to what was your expectations of the purchase . The Tiago is out for a while and every review including TBHP says approximate to 180-200 kms of range which is the real number as others too have pointed out 1.8 to 2km per percent. I’m saying this from 14k kms of Tiago ev experience. Not sure what your ODO count is. But the BMS will start showing realistic range figures as it learns your driving patterns. Mine consistently shows 200 with AC and that’s what I get with AC.
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_5978.jpg

This is latest, guess the readings speaks it all when compared to my previous image posted. The point here is, the range estimate is kaput. And 1.8 times or 2 times the % should be a stop gap but not a norm that we should all accept.
The 1.8 of % is 57% of ARAI. Its just not fair to have such elevated numbers for the sake of sales. Thats my contention.. In terms of how we manage or plan, we get better sooner. Sad part is we accept everything that is thrown at us. I'm not sure of other latest offerings but I hear they are not great as well, but I can swear on E2O specifically on this aspect(Not that its without any issues ), inspite of being the early in the segment they had the right estimate in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
It definitely has a heating coil. However its not powerful enough to maintain a comfortable 26 degress in the current weathee and also very power hungry. I have seen the AEC shoot up like anything(AEC numbers are way higher than even when AC is used extensively) when the AEC tries to maintain the requested temperature. I think more expensive cars will have heat pump based systems compared to whats on the Tiago.

ICE cars derive heat from the coolant circuit which traps engine heat. Thus no further energy is needed for heating.
Tiago has heating coil. Mine was replaced on a complaint during the service. While I see the heating happens slower compared to ICE, but they do have the coil. JFYI

Last edited by vb-saan : 13th December 2023 at 09:26. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another. Thank you!
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 13:45   #648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
I'm not sure of other latest offerings but I hear they are not great as well, but I can swear on E2O specifically on this aspect(Not that its without any issues ), inspite of being the early in the segment they had the right estimate in place.
Was there an ARAI range for E2O? If so what was it compared to the real world range?

Or is your complaint primarily regarding the DTE estimate accuracy?
Old 13th December 2023, 20:54   #649
BHPian

Took the delivery last week of Tiago XT LR Tropical Mist.
The entire process from booking to delivery was satisfactory and I was happy with the services of the dealer M/s Sab Motors Ghaziabad.
The stock steel wheels and tyres (Apollo) were changed as soon as I got the delivery and in hindsight the decision was a good one because of the better aesthetic looks due to the alloys and better road grip because of the upgrade to Yokohama 185 profile tyres.

Attaching the pics for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20231207wa0018.jpg  

Almetal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 13th December 2023, 21:03   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
Took the delivery last week of Tiago XT LR Tropical Mist.
Congratulations on your new car. The colour looks really good. Alloys did enhance the look. Are those EV specific tyres ?

Did you get any special December offers? They are advertising as Electric December offers. Not sure what the offer is.
Old 13th December 2023, 21:16   #651
Senior - BHPian

Looking to get Tiago ev XT LR for wife.
It doesn't have a rear cam and fog lamps. Has anyone installed it from dealership?
Old 13th December 2023, 21:22   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Congratulations on your new car. The colour looks really good. Alloys did enhance the look. Are those EV specific tyres ?

Did you get any special December offers? They are advertising as Electric December offers. Not sure what the offer is.
The Yokohama Earth1 (185/65 R14) offer superior grip compared to the Apollo stock tyres which are of hard compound and give a hard ride as well.
The Yokohamas will reduce the range of the EV but I prefer grippier tyres, rather than worrying about the lower range.

Got a total of 50k discount on this variant, the higher variants apparently have a 80k discount.
Car was available off the shelf, and this particular colour seems to be a hot favorite.
Old 13th December 2023, 21:25   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Looking to get Tiago ev XT LR for wife.
It doesn't have a rear cam and fog lamps. Has anyone installed it from dealership?
My dealer flatly refused to install fog lamps and reversing camera because it voids the warranty.
Buy the higher variant since it offers both.
Old 14th December 2023, 09:53   #654
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almetal View Post
My dealer flatly refused to install fog lamps and reversing camera because it voids the warranty.
Buy the higher variant since it offers both.
Ya, that's the general consensus I am seeing. Still wanted to confirm if someone has managed to do it.
Can't buy any other variant as the deal I am getting is only on this variant which has only 1 unit left in dealership. Too good a deal to miss out.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 11:21   #655
Senior - BHPian

Another question.
Our home electricity is 6KW approved load. Is it enough for 3.3kw charger or do I need to get it changed. Also for 7.2KW charger how much should be approved KW for home? No plan for 7.2kw charger for now but in future we may get it.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 11:44   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Another question.
Our home electricity is 6KW approved load. Is it enough for 3.3kw charger or do I need to get it changed. Also for 7.2KW charger how much should be approved KW for home? No plan for 7.2kw charger for now but in future we may get it.
Not sure about this, better to ask an experienced electrician or the people from Tata Power who can guide you. But in all probability the 3.3 KW should suffice for you, many people have installed this at home, so should not be a problem.

As regards the 7.2 KW charger, some apartment complexes have disallowed connecting this charger directly to the individual meter, instead creating a separate common connection for all those who wish to charge their EVs.
Old 14th December 2023, 12:00   #657
BHPian

Quote:
Another question.
Home connection of 6 KW will support 3.3 KW charger as the charger draws a maximum of 2.6KW to 2.7 KW load. So it will leave a delta of 3.3 to 3.4 KW of load for the rest of the house. I have a same load in the same city as you. I have had not issue for the last 9 months of charging my EV Max. If you have more than two ACs running in the night in summers plus the car charging, your MDI (Maximum Demand Indicator) may exceed sanctioned load. Today there is no penalty for the same but they can start doing it in future.

For a 7.2 KW charger, you need a minimum 10 KW connection because that charger draws almost 6.4 KW load.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 14th December 2023 at 12:13.
ferrarirules is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:21   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Home connection of 6 KW will support 3.3 KW charger as the charger draws a maximum of 2.6KW to 2.7 KW load. So it will leave a delta of 3.3 to 3.4 KW of load for the rest of the house. I have a same load in the same city as you. I have had not issue for the last 9 months of charging my EV Max. If you have more than two ACs running in the night in summers plus the car charging, your MDI (Maximum Demand Indicator) may exceed sanctioned load. Today there is no penalty for the same but they can start doing it in future.

For a 7.2 KW charger, you need a minimum 10 KW connection because that charger draws almost 6.4 KW load.
Thanks for the detailed reply.
Yes, we may have situations when there will be sometimes 3+ AC running at same time in summers so I need to look into getting that load increased to 10KW. Don't think we will go for 7.2kw charger as I can easily do a 8-9 hour slow charging which is what I believe 3.3kw charger need from 10 to 100%
harry10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 12:29   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed reply.
Yes, we may have situations when there will be sometimes 3+ AC running at same time in summers so I need to look into getting that load increased to 10KW. Don't think we will go for 7.2kw charger as I can easily do a 8-9 hour slow charging which is what I believe 3.3kw charger need from 10 to 100%
Yes for the Tiago 7.2kw is a overkill, considering the smaller battery size. I made do with a 16a plug since the last 7 months and 14k kms, never felt the need for a faster AC charger, IMO 7.2kw chargers are for folks with multiple EVs or ones with a larger than 40kw battery pack
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 13:00   #660
BHPian

Quote:
Another question.
Our home electricity is 6KW approved load. Is it enough for 3.3kw charger or do I need to get it changed.
6KW is more than enough. I was using it on 3KW sanctioned load without much issues. Charger would consume ~2.6KW, rest 400 watts for lighting/ fans etc.

I have recently increased loan to 4 KW to run heavier load simultaneously.
maverick.vkv is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks