Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2023, 11:33   #601
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hello, so today morning I got the HV Critical Alert on my Tiago EV XT. The car's done just about 2000km and has always been charged on a slow charger. The car drives around fine, and all regen modes also work, but the HV alert light is still on.

I've called Tata's service center, Trident Motors in Kurla, and they've promptly arranged a driver to pickup the car. Hopefully, this is not the start of a long ordeal with Tata Motors.
If the Car is has been running Ok, I guess its not too much to be bothered about.

Anyway do keep us updated on the developments.
Old 20th October 2023, 16:06   #602
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, so today morning I got the HV Critical Alert on my Tiago EV XT. The car's done just about 2000km and has always been charged on a slow charger. The car drives around fine, and all regen modes also work, but the HV alert light is still on.
If the car is driving fine, i think it should be ok. Can you please share your charging graph/soc history from zconnect app?
Old 20th October 2023, 16:34   #603
BHPian

This is the SOC from the app, for the last 4 months.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_0062.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_0065.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_0064.jpeg  

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_0063.jpeg  

krishnadevjs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 19:13   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
1. there is only on reverse light for all tiagos now ( for at least 2 years)
2. this is due to being a brand new car and the beadings have to set in. Same for my tiago ev also
3. known issue which can be resolved by slightly bending the cap bracket
5. didnt know this can come off. old tiago has the option to push the seat base front and flip it. maybe should try it and will get resolved
6. this dont know. If its power folding, then a press down on the adjustment button should close it.
Yeah yeah I'm aware they all 'should' work like they were supposed to but they "don't". Even though I was fully mentally prepared to live with a TATA vehicle before I took a decision to buy one I couldn't help but notice so many quality issues (fit, finish, finesse, things dangling, coming off, not working from time to time) slowly getting into my nerve. Thankfully it is not me who drives the car. I just wish TATA doesn't pick me as one of those unluckiest and unfortunate owners.
Old 20th October 2023, 19:22   #605
BHPian

Quote:
This is the SOC from the app, for the last 4 months.
Please try and follow the following charging regime for better battery health:

1. Always charge to 100% if possible. Avoid opportunity charging as much as possible
2. Charge from below 20% every 4th charge or once in a month.
3. Charge from below 10% every 10th charge or once in 3 months

Please note: Above charging pattern is advisable for LFP batteries (Tata and MG use the same) not NMC batteries.
ferrarirules is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 21:26   #606
BHPian

Hi, so car was parked on a road in parking zone and then I got this intrusion alert notification on the zconnect app.

I rushed to the scene after 10 minutes, did not see any sign of physical damage.

Here is the Tata Tiago Electric Review-4qmnach8.jpgscreenshot of the alert I received on Zconnect.

Can someone elaborate what exactly might have happened ?
Old 23rd October 2023, 16:12   #607
BHPian

Update on my HV Critical Alert.

After 3 days of silence, after I followed up, the Service team at Trident has replied that it is an issue with the AC compressor, for which they’ve escalated to Tata Motors and are awaiting a response.

This seems highly unlikely as the AC works on the 12V battery system whereas the HV Critical Alert should refer to an issue in the EV battery - wiring - MCU circuit. Despite me telling the SA this, he is insisting that it’s a compressor issue.

I’ve written to Tata Motors customer care highlighting the issue and my concerns on the diagnosis. Nevertheless, it’s quite disappointing to note the quality of Tata Motors products, as well as the service that leaves a lot to be desired.

My father just booked an Altroz DCA, which is to be delivered next week. My father in law was planning to buy a Tiago EV. Both are now waiting to see how this pans out before taking the plunge.
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 20:30   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Update on my HV Critical Alert.

This seems highly unlikely as the AC works on the 12V battery system whereas the HV Critical Alert should refer to an issue in the EV battery - wiring - MCU circuit. Despite me telling the SA this, he is insisting that it’s a compressor issue.
AC compressor uses the HV battery to run. To check this you can remote start the AC in the car, you will hear the characteristic sound of the HV battery connector activating which also comes when you switch on the car
ferrarirules is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2023, 21:18   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This seems highly unlikely as the AC works on the 12V battery system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
AC compressor uses the HV battery to run.
Even though the 12V battery may drive the AC, it will draw electricity from the HV battery to keep itself charged.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2023, 19:30   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I'm looking to buy from the dealer only. They have not got the car but have sent me a price breakup, including basic accessories kit which does not include any electrical ones. For electrical ones like sensors, they are not willing to install them as they claim that they can't that do on an electric car!
Hey, did you install the rear cam? I'm taking my XT LR next week. It doesn't come with a rear camera. The dealer says they won't install it at their end.
Old 9th November 2023, 21:40   #611
BHPian

My dealer too completely refused to install any electrical accessories in my Tiago.EV citing warranty when I wanted have a rear cam fitted.
Old 10th November 2023, 19:35   #612
BHPian

Further update on my HV Critical Alert.

The Trident Motors service team has replaced the compressor (a part worth 90k!!) and delivered the car. For now, the issue isn’t there. I’m hoping it doesn’t come back.
However, the car came back with a lot of scratches, which I’ve documented and sent to the SA. They’ve thankfully taken ownership and have asked me to give the car for a day to address these. Some of these scratches are paint cuts - so I’m unsure how they’d rectify it without painting (which I’m not keen on).
krishnadevjs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2023, 14:46   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Further update on my HV Critical Alert.

The Trident Motors service team has replaced the compressor (a part worth 90k!!) and delivered the car. For now, the issue isn’t there. I’m hoping it doesn’t come back.
I also faced the HV critical alert issue for several days. The MCU and some harness was replaced under warranty after which the car is running fine. Hope your car gets fixed soon.
anshumandun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2023, 19:36   #614
BHPian

The new Tiago ev xz+ lux seems to be equipped with rear cameras and parking sensors (ref @2:30). Has anyone in the forum managed to get delivery of the same?
Abi5hek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2023, 10:22   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi5hek View Post
https://Youtu.be/2WC9r3urvQM?si=nqWPj5GPjQHC-YIU

The new Tiago ev xz+ lux seems to be equipped with rear cameras and parking sensors (ref @2:30). Has anyone in the forum managed to get delivery of the same?
Yes the newer batches have both which is a bummer for folks like me who cant even retrofit it as an accessory
mally2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks