Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 14:27   #586
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
The "HV Critical Alert" has returned within 1500 kms of replacing the MCU! I am so frustrated now. This time it happened when I tried to start the car in the morning after it was charged overnight. So the car is stranded in the basement parking. I've called RSA in the evening as I had to leave for office in the morning.
Update on HV Critical Issue and 15,000 kms service:

Tata diagnosed the problem as a wiring harness issue which was replaced under warranty. The invoice mentions the cost of the harness as Rs 18,400.

It took around 15 days for the diagnosis and the part to arrive. I've driven around 6000 kms after the fix and the car is working perfectly fine now.

I also just got the 15,000 kms service done. Only wheel alignment, balancing and rotation was done. I did not approve AC cleaning as there was no issue with AC and the car is just 8 months old. The service costed me Rs 1800.
anshumandun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 15:54   #587

Hi,
Got the first service done for LR tech lux, told them about the fan assembly sound when the AC is on and they replaced the fan assembly shroud but the sound is still prevalent and it still causes vibration inside the cabin whenever it switches on. Told them about getting range of only 180kms per charge and they said that's normal!
Old 6th October 2023, 16:16   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj24 View Post
Hi,
Got the first service done for LR tech lux, told them about the fan assembly sound when the AC is on and they replaced the fan assembly shroud but the sound is still prevalent and it still causes vibration inside the cabin whenever it switches on. Told them about getting range of only 180kms per charge and they said that's normal!
A real world range of 180km is very much acceptable and realistic from a 24kwh battery. You are averaging 7.5 km/kwh, which is very decent for normal driving with AC in city traffic. Don’t be misled by the claimed figures which are under ‘standard testing conditions’, and keep your expectations real.
Old 6th October 2023, 16:17   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Told them about getting range of only 180kms per charge and they said that's normal!
180 kms range in city traffic with 24 KWH battery is fine. Most of the people in our EV group get between 180 - 200 kms range in their Tiago EVs
Old 8th October 2023, 14:32   #590
BHPian

Hi All. I took delivery of my Tiago XZ+ Tech Lux variant a couple of days ago. I'm happy with the car so far, but I have a question for owners with the Smart Key. When you press the Boot unlock button on the smart key, does the boot get unlocked? The button doesn't seem to do anything on both of my smart keys.

The sales guy told me some story about how I have to press the button on the boot itself and not the key. If that is the only way to unlock the boot, I don't understand what is the purpose of the button on the smart key.

Can other owners comment on this?
Newpunter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 07:53   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Hi All. I took delivery of my Tiago XZ+ Tech Lux variant a couple of days ago. I'm happy with the car so far, but I have a question for owners with the Smart Key. When you press the Boot unlock button on the smart key, does the boot get unlocked? The button doesn't seem to do anything on both of my smart keys.

The sales guy told me some story about how I have to press the button on the boot itself and not the key. If that is the only way to unlock the boot, I don't understand what is the purpose of the button on the smart key.

Can other owners comment on this?

Yes, it's the same for me. Tried pressing it but no response from the vehicle. I guess it's some kind of cheap cost-cutting from TATA.
Old 9th October 2023, 15:02   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep M View Post
Yes, it's the same for me. Tried pressing it but no response from the vehicle. I guess it's some kind of cheap cost-cutting from TATA.
It's neither cost cutting nor cheap. This is intended for a third person to go and open the boot. ( that is the one who does not have the key with them).

Press the button once and even those without the key can go and open the boot.

This method is in place from the smart key days of tata. Before in the ordinary key, the boot used to pop open upon long press on my tigor petrol. Now this feature has disappeared.

Last edited by Nanolover : 9th October 2023 at 15:04.
Nanolover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 18:29   #593
Senior - BHPian

Been just 5 Days of Ownership of my Tiago LR model.

I have noticed that I am getting a Range of (210-220) Kms driving within the Bengaluru City (with Regen Level 1 and with Auto AC.at 24 Degrees)

Last edited by payeng : 9th October 2023 at 18:32.
payeng is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 10:31   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
It's neither cost cutting nor cheap. This is intended for a third person to go and open the boot. ( that is the one who does not have the key with them).

This method is in place from the smart key days of tata. Before in the ordinary key, the boot used to pop open upon long press on my tigor petrol. Now this feature has disappeared.

I see. This is news to me (maybe because our previous Tata car was Nano). How did you even find this out? I don't remember seeing this in reviews and would have probably missed this for my lifetime.
Old 10th October 2023, 16:08   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post

Thank you. Now I understand what the sales guy was explaining to me . I was thinking that he was trying to just give excuses, but now it all makes sense.
Old 17th October 2023, 21:12   #596
BHPian

The new facelift of Nexon ev got led headlamps.

I wonder what stopped them from giving the same for tiago ev.

Is the upgradation from projector halogen to projector LED really that complicated and risky ?

The Tiago ev has 1 halogen projector low beam and then 1 other for high beam.

Would installing led projector for low beam and keeping halogen for high beam work ?

I will be asking this to my service center guy during its 2nd service. What are your thoughts on this issue ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by payeng View Post
Been just 5 Days of Ownership of my Tiago LR model.

I have noticed that I am getting a Range of (210-220) Kms driving within the Bengaluru City (with Regen Level 1 and with Auto AC.at 24 Degrees)
Wonderful !!! Its amazing to drive this vehicle isn't it.

My father drives it mostly and he was mostly keeping it at 95-98wh/km.

Quote:
Hi,
Hi, this range fluctuation might depend on your driving style, the amount of regen you use, usage of AC is also a factor.

Can you share the wh/km reading which is displayed in the instrument cluster ?

Last edited by Aditya : 18th October 2023 at 17:54. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 17th October 2023, 21:45   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Is the upgradation from projector halogen to projector LED really that complicated and risky ?

The Tiago ev has 1 halogen projector low beam and then 1 other for high beam.
I have always liked the halogen better and when I raised this on the forum it seems like I am not an outlier. LEDs consume less power that is an advantage but donot get fooled by their brightness. Often in rains and fog they are terrible.

I do not know much about these lighting stuff but do not just assume LEDs are going to be better.

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2023 at 07:35. Reason: Please avoid quoting full posts. Thank you
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 15:28   #598
BHPian

So, 15 days into ownership. Here are the issues that had cropped up:

1. One of the reverse lights stopped working
2. Boot lid fails to close sometimes
3. Charger inlet lid fails to open (& vice versa) at times
4. Rear seat bed (lower) doesn't click in place on the right side and is dangling
5. ORVMs do not close

Way to go TATA . No wonder TATA clings on '5 star safety' because that's only thing they can cling on.
kpkeerthi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2023, 17:22   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkeerthi View Post
So, 15 days into ownership. Here are the issues that had cropped up:

1. One of the reverse lights stopped working
2. Boot lid fails to close sometimes
3. Charger inlet lid fails to open (& vice versa) at times
4. Rear seat bed (lower) doesn't click in place on the right side and is dangling
5. ORVMs do not close

Way to go TATA . No wonder TATA clings on '5 star safety' because that's only thing they can cling on.
1. there is only on reverse light for all tiagos now ( for at least 2 years)
2. this is due to being a brand new car and the beadings have to set in. Same for my tiago ev also
3. known issue which can be resolved by slightly bending the cap bracket
5. didnt know this can come off. old tiago has the option to push the seat base front and flip it. maybe should try it and will get resolved
6. this dont know. If its power folding, then a press down on the adjustment button should close it.
Nanolover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 12:50   #600
BHPian

Hello, so today morning I got the HV Critical Alert on my Tiago EV XT. The car's done just about 2000km and has always been charged on a slow charger. The car drives around fine, and all regen modes also work, but the HV alert light is still on.

I've called Tata's service center, Trident Motors in Kurla, and they've promptly arranged a driver to pickup the car. Hopefully, this is not the start of a long ordeal with Tata Motors.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-07_15_52.jpg
krishnadevjs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks