Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2023, 13:35   #571
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Not even this, I have tried lock/unlock several times and it never worked, just like you found out with pre-cooling. So don't count on this unless you find it working consistently for you.

I have found only the following marginal benefits:
  • When charging at home or normal 15A plug, you can see the SoC % from the app instead of going to the car. When you do DC charging, mostly the charging app will show it, so not useful there.
  • If you try multiple times, SoC charging limit can be set. This is useful if don't want to charge to 100%. But this is a one time thing, so if the power goes and comes back, that is considered a new charging session and it will charge to 100%.
  • Trip history will give some useful statistic, like top speed, average speed, km/wh, hard breaking, etc. Useful to monitor when someone else is driving, car pickup/drop and valet parking.
  • Car location, this is the only feature that works reliably.
Lock/Unlock indeed doesn't work most of the times. Interestingly, the car has now learnt how to get pre-cooling working, so that's useful.

Charge status is also a useful feature, but because of how my car parks, I can actually see the charge from inside my house. When you press unlock, the car shows the current charge for a few seconds and it is large enough to easily read from afar.
crodjer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 16:21   #572
BHPian

I am happy to announce that we took delivery of our Tiago Ev (xz plus tech) on 31/08/23.We booked it on 17th of August and the delivery experience was smooth. Initially we were promised a delivery date within 4 weeks, but happily took delivery of the car in 13 days straight. The sales person assigned Mr. KUNAL from Jaika motors nagpur was very courteous and efficient, special thanks to him.The car has run in excess of 170 kms and has been a blisfull experience. It feels like a big upgrade on our old Ritz vxi. I will try to share my experience in the long run as I put in more kms.
Thanking you.
YashodhanGanu is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 21:33   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
I bought my Tiago .EV last week - Daytona Grey XT LR version

I had originally booked an Altroz DCA
Congrats on your new acquisition. The EV decision looks as a wiser option as fuel prices are bound to touch new heights post elections.

Please keep updating on the experience with the car as well as after sales service. Tass has a fare share of niggles. Hopefully they'll focus on this weakness and turn it into their strengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post

The problem is that the fuel lid was never designed to be open every day and for long durations in the rain. Tata didn't bother to make a beefier design.
This looks like terrible oversight. Since Tata is a pioneer in ev segment in India, such a over sight cannot be expected since they will be testing the vehicles themselves. Perhaps these might get rectified if the design engineer uses one of the test vehicles as a daily driver. Else such problems will seldom get the attention they require and this is a serious one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnansp View Post
While I do agree that cars have their niggles during initial batches, the problem is the way TATA ASC's handle these issues by blaming the customer. The customer closing the fuel lid is not as "professional" as a petrol pump attendant..?

That's the mother of all excuses.
"The mother of all excuses did catch my fancy". Only if these excuses are directly taken up by Tata motors professionally. The only reason I fear buying a Tata car despite being a sort of Tata fan is such excuses and the impression about Tass. Putting your hard earned money into an emerging technology product and getting a lame excuse is the last thing I want to end my peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
I am aware that Uber has signed up for Ziptron based Tigor cabs but would it not be a special arrangement/contract between Uber & Tata?
Tata has this image issues with taxi segment and probably don't want to get a tata EV = taxi (due to relative affordability).

Brand image indeed is matter for any company. Can't blame tata for that.
helios9406 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2023, 19:03   #574
BHPian

Hi everyone, its been a week since we took delivery of the Tiago. Posting a picture of the Tiago and with the Ritz.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago Electric Review-screenshot_20230907_185844_gallery.jpg  

YashodhanGanu is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 10:31   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
Hi. Still waiting for the part to be delivered. It is expected to be delivered by the next Saturday. But, this is one of the many Saturdays and Mondays and Tuesdays that have passed and the material was not delivered.

Let's see what happens this time.
Update - I got my car back from Workshop after almost 10 days. They have replaced the E Drive (Motor) assembly completely under warranty.
Encountered another issue, my car does not charge full 100%. It charges up to 96% and disconnects as fully charged. Any solution to this issue?
sary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 17:00   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Update - I got my car back from Workshop after almost 10 days. They have replaced the E Drive (Motor) assembly completely under warranty.
Encountered another issue, my car does not charge full 100%. It charges up to 96% and disconnects as fully charged. Any solution to this issue?
Do you get a message from zconnect that it is fully charged? Try to discharge it to below 10% and try to charge it to 100% again. If it doesn't charge to 100%, report to Tata.
Old 12th September 2023, 17:21   #577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Do you get a message from zconnect that it is fully charged? Try to discharge it to below 10% and try to charge it to 100% again. If it doesn't charge to 100%, report to Tata.
Zconnect and car display both shows 96%, however the charging stops and apps like Shell or JioBP displays message "Fully charged".

I am yet to install home charger, so will try after that and also follow your suggestion to drop below 10% and then recharge fully.
Old 12th September 2023, 17:40   #578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
Zconnect and car display both shows 96%, however the charging stops and apps like Shell or JioBP displays message "Fully charged".

I am yet to install home charger, so will try after that and also follow your suggestion to drop below 10% and then recharge fully.
Oh!! You are doing fast charging. It could be so that the machine is set to not charge the car beyond a certain percentage. It can be set in a fast charger.

I will recommend that you try doing a slow charge may be at a friend's place or friendly neighbourhood garage/shop and see if that reaches 100%.
Old 14th September 2023, 16:06   #579
BHPian

Has anyone noticed difference in the efficiency numbers displayed on the instrument console vs one displayed on the app?
I've seen that the wh/km on the app is almost lower by about 15-20 units compared to figures on the console.

For NCR users, what is the average efficiency number that people are achieving. I've been seeing about 120-125 wh/km. The corresponding numbers on the app are about 95-100.

Two factors below which can make my numbers skewed. But as you can see below, i think both cancel each other out

I got the default tyres replaced with Yoko Earth-1 almost immediately. The factory tyres are with low rolling resistance and the Yokos will definitely increase power consumption by a very small %.

I have Garware 70%VLT tints with 46% heat rejection on all my windows including the windshield. This definitely improves AC performance and the AC will consume lesser power. I drive with almost 95%AC on.
Old 14th September 2023, 16:23   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post

For NCR users, what is the average efficiency number that people are achieving. I've been seeing about 120-125 wh/km.
I have Garware 70%VLT tints with 46% heat rejection on all my windows including the windshield. This definitely improves AC performance and the AC will consume lesser power. I drive with almost 95%AC on.
Hi. I have noticed that with multiple shorter runs the AEC hovers between 120-130, even with 1 or 2 people on average in the car.
My GreaterNoida > Gurgaon > GreaterNoida office grind usually works out to 110-115 AEC, with 3 people in the car and AC 100% on.
I do not have any window films.
My car is exclusively charged at home, and has seen a fast charger only twice so far since March.

Last edited by roy_libran : 14th September 2023 at 16:25.
roy_libran is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:36   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
My GreaterNoida > Gurgaon > GreaterNoida office grind usually works out to 110-115 AEC, with 3 people in the car and AC 100% on.
I do not have any window films.
My car is exclusively charged at home, and has seen a fast charger only twice so far since March.
These are very good numbers .If you are travelling during peak hours, it'll be even more impressive.
My numbers are mostly with a single occupant,mostly on regen 2(2 regen bars), AC set to 25-26. I don't drive with the range in mind.

Looks like I'll have to re visit my EV driving patterns
Old 14th September 2023, 17:26   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
These are very good numbers .If you are travelling during peak hours, it'll be even more impressive.
Yes mostly these numbers are in and around peak hours. I reach Gurgaon around 9 am, and leave at 4 pm.
I simply keep Regen at 3 after the charge drops below 90% to enjoy the almost single pedal drive. I use sport mode quite a bit too.
I no longer worry too much about the range, as I know the car is good for 200 kms on any given day.
roy_libran is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:14   #583
BHPian

Update of my EV 5600Km driven 6 months due for second service.

1. I reported the break slip issue
2. Auto climate control wasnt working. It was always in cooling mode.
3. Rattle noise

They took 4 days to rectify the AC issue, claimed that heater coil may be the issue and have ordered a replacement part.

The break slip issue came back with no issue, but I still face it as reported earlier. I dont think they are equipped to identify it. I somehow feel this needs to be reported to Tata technical team. I mentioned the same to SA, to atleast report it tech team for their research.

Rattle noise was also not rectified, I left it until part replacement.

Today I have given it again for AC Heater coil part replacement as the part is now arrived. They have given ETA as 4 days. I seriously feel, Tata needs to work on their service. I seriously feel I made a mistake by going to tata. Great vehicle but service is really sub standard. I told the customer relation manager to expedite and not take 4 days to replace the AC coil. 8 days in garage for a new vehicle is just bad service model. Just hoping they oblige.
abacusv is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 10:19   #584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Update of my EV 5600Km driven 6 months due for second service.

1. I reported the break slip issue
2. Auto climate control wasnt working. It was always in cooling mode.
3. Rattle noise
Today I have given it again for AC Heater coil part replacement as the part is now arrived. They have given ETA as 4 days. I seriously feel, Tata needs to work on their service. I seriously feel I made a mistake by going to tata. Great vehicle but service is really sub standard. I told the customer relation manager to expedite and not take 4 days to replace the AC coil. 8 days in garage for a new vehicle is just bad service model. Just hoping they oblige.
Which Tata authorized service center is this?
Old 27th September 2023, 20:35   #585
BHPian

I'm about to do PDI. The dealer has shared with me the vin. I'm opting for XT which is available in MR and LR. How do I confirm if it is infact LR?

Most Viewed