Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2023, 11:54   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Apart from Shell, has anyone tried fast charging for their Tiago? Any feedback would be appreciated.
I have charged twice from different Tata power chargers, but did not face any problem.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2023, 12:12   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
Hi. Does anyone have any information about extended warranty?
My car just went for the 1st free service at Puneet Worli Service Centre.
I kept asking the SA regarding the extended warranty and he said he would let me know.

When picking up the car he says that the pricing has not been told to them yet.
AKINA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 18:52   #363
BHPian

How is the experience with Tata Dealership. Tiago is my second Tata car in last 1 year and I am really disappointed with the Sales team from two different dealer of Tata at Bangalore.

I feel the sales team of Tata dont really take customer seriously. I start to wonder 2 dealer of Tata in the City means is it Tata to blame or the dealer? And believe me when I say this. I have bought 3 other cars from Maruthi and M&M and all other three times I have been having memorable experience.

Is it me or others feel the same? I wish some one from Tata motors is in the group and notices this.

And I see there is no contact details for Karnataka zone from Tata Surprising.

https://cars.tatamotors.com/service/contact-us

Last edited by abacusv : 18th May 2023 at 19:02.
Old 18th May 2023, 18:58   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
How is the experience with Tata Dealership. Tiago is my second Tata car in last 1 year and I am really disappointed with the Sales team from two different dealer of Tata at Bangalore.

I feel the sales team of Tata dont really take customer seriously. I start to wonder 2 dealer of Tata in the City means is it Tata to blame or the dealer? And believe me when I say this. I have bought 3 other cars from Maruthi and M&M and all other three times I have been having memorable experience.

Is it me or others feel the same? I wish some one from Tata motors is in the group and notices this.
It could be dealer specific. I bought my first Tata vehicle from a dealer in NCR and the experience was so refined. I was surprised that i was dealing with Tata dealer. P.S. - I didnt know anyone in the dealership in advance.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:58   #365
BHPian

From Kashmir to Kanyakumari all TAMO dealerships are the same barring few exceptions.

They don't treat a customer well and you can add issues related to your service visits as well. They never stick to their promised time for delivery of vehicle after completion of service nor do they update you regarding the status of work being carried out.

As far as you are visiting them only for scheduled service only, you should be fine.
If your car throws up niggles (especially an EV), then you are in for big trouble as most of them don't know what that the heck they're dealing with.

TATA is raking up numbers just because of their attractive product portfolio.
I have a feeling that won't last long if their after sales experience continues to be pathetic.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 01:02   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
As far as you are visiting them only for scheduled service only, you should be fine.
If your car throws up niggles (especially an EV), then you are in for big trouble as most of them don't know what that the heck they're dealing with.
I disagree on they not knowing about the issues in EVs. They are providing prompt resolution to EV issues and there are escalation points available as well for getting matters escalated.

Here is link of one of our bhpians who got his battery pack replaced after prompt diagnosis - link (HV Battery Fault at 10 months in my Nexon EV Max | Tata’s quick response)
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 17:58   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
I disagree on they not knowing about the issues in EVs. They are providing prompt resolution to EV issues and there are escalation points available as well for getting matters escalated.

Here is link of one of our bhpians who got his battery pack replaced after prompt diagnosis - link (HV Battery Fault at 10 months in my Nexon EV Max | Tata’s quick response)
Come down south to get a true experience of TAMO service, mate.
You'll get an idea of what Iam talking about.
In fact the last couple of issues with my EV max was sorted out with the help of Bhpians' experiences in our forum.

Last edited by pradheepsr : 20th May 2023 at 18:00.
pradheepsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 11:30   #368

Finally got some details regarding the Extended Warranty.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img20230519wa0001.jpg
AKINA is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th May 2023, 19:41   #369
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKINA View Post
Finally got some details regarding the Extended Warranty.

Attachment 2453976
So, effectively, 26k for two years.
Kindly advice, whether it is good to purchase it. Battery has 8yr warranty anyway, what other parts need extended warranty.

Expert opinions, would help a lot.
Old 24th May 2023, 20:13   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkc View Post
So, effectively, 26k for two years.
Kindly advice, whether it is good to purchase it. Battery has 8yr warranty anyway, what other parts need extended warranty.

Expert opinions, would help a lot.
This is what they have sent me.

Parts Cover under EWP·

Cooling System Parts Cover under EWP:Radiator, coolant pump, Main battery & Traction motor auxiliary tank.

· Steering System:Rack and pinion, steering box, column, shaft bearings, couplings, power steering pump, pressure pipes, reservoir.

· Front wheel drive: Drive shaft and couplings, constant velocity joints, hub, drive flange, transfer case.

· Charging & power System:Charging socket. HV lines, Power distribution Unit, DC DC Convertor, On- board charger, VECU

· Brake System:Servo, master cylinder, wheel cylinder, vacuum pump, calipers, discs (excluding brake pads/liners), drums, handbrake lever and ratchet, ABS ECU with modulator, wheel speed sensor, brake pedal switch.

· Suspension:Shock absorbers, bush, control arms, upper and lower wishbones, springs, sub frame. (Any claim is limited to 50,000 kms only).

· Ignition System:Ignition switch, Immobilizer ECU.

· Electricals:wiper and washer motor, window motors, fan motors, panel switches and instruments, driver information system, body control module, ambient temp sensor, Rain light sensor, Bluetooth box, Rear view camera, window winding controller. LV wiring harness not covered.

· Air Conditioning:AC Compressor, condenser, evaporator, clutch magnet, AC control Panel, Thermal expansion valve, blower motor, heater unit, pressure switch, Automatic climate control switch

Parts not mentioned in the above list will not be covered in this EW like Tyre, Aux Batteries, seats, music system, chassis frame, Rear dead axle body parts etc.

· EW shall not cover wear & tear and normal deterioration parts on the car or any damage due to negligent or improper operation or storage of the car

· AC Charging cable will not be covered under Extended warranty
AKINA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2023, 22:32   #371
BHPian

Has anyone noticed reduced cooling efficiency at very high ambient temperatures (45+) in very slow moving traffic ?
I noticed a distinct and abrupt drop in cooling in such conditions. My reckoning is that in such conditions, the cooling capacity is diverted towards cooling the battery/motor pack.

Very happy owner of a 3 month old, only city 3K driven Tiago EV so far. Previous Tata owner & hence had realistic expectations of Tata Service
Old 27th May 2023, 19:20   #372

Fellow Teambhp members, does your Tiago ev invoice mention Lithium Ion battery or Lithium Ion Phosphate battery?
Old 29th May 2023, 12:41   #373

Just Lithium Ion for the car manufactured in May. Why do you ask?
Old 29th May 2023, 13:24   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
Which dealer is this? South BLR?
You are sailing in the same boat as multiple folks. I suggest you look for good reviews of Tata dealers on TBHP and visit them rather than visiting your nearest dealer.
They never fail to disappoint me with their lack of customer-centricity every single time I reach out to them.
Like yesterday I called for a home TD of the Punch. They said no - you come over. I said I need to check the parking space and hence need the car home - So they were like we don't do home TDs on Sat/Sun. So far, so good. I said ok - at this point the SA should have prodded me for a date and time on when they can get the vehicle but she just cut the call.

This was the same person with whom I inquired about the Safari & was then sent a badly maintained example (this is detailed in my other threads on TBHP) after which I bought the XUV
I am really rooting for Tata to up the experience game - but that ain't happening anytime soon from the looks of it.
Old 29th May 2023, 20:40   #375
FNM
BHPian

I’m thinking of buying the top-of-the line Tiago EV. But I have three concerns which I hope some of you can address.
1. ROLL-BACK ON SLOPES. I live in an urban hilly area with heavy stop-go traffic on slopes. I know the Tiago doesn’t have a hill hold facility so what is the work-around in driving up slopes in bumper to bumper stop-go traffic? I have done a short test drive. In Drive mode it rolls back quite a bit so I had to use the handbrake every time and then took my foot off the brake to move forward. In Sports mode it moved back less, about 8” to 12” before it started moving forward. Considering the fact that most cars behind you have the bad habit of stopping right on your rear bumper, there is no margin for the car to back slightly. Is using the handbrake every time you stop the only solution to prevent roll-back on a slope?

2. PARKING ON SLOPES. Since there is no Park mode, is the handbrake strong enough for the car to be safely parked on fairly steep slopes?

3. For those of you who are from Mumbai, does the car have enough power to go up the Ghats from Mumbai to Lonavala with four adults on board? I trust it could do the trip without recharging Enroute? (The distance from my house to Lonavala is 90km).

Last edited by FNM : 29th May 2023 at 21:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks