Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2023, 14:17   #316
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

I've added a few accessories on my Tiago.ev.

Alloy Wheels
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3236.jpg

Got the alloy wheels from Boodmo. These are the OEM ones that come on the petrol Tiago. Costed me around 37k for 4 wheels. Also got the Tata logo hub caps from Boodmo which were around Rs 900 for 4.

Since these are 15", had to change the tyres also. I chose Ceat Secura Drive in 175/60 R15 size since others were either not available in this size or were too costly. The Ceats costed me 16k for 4 tyres. I also sold the stock 14" wheels and tyres through Facebook marketplace for 17k.

The car looks much better with these wheels but the ride has become stiffer. My other drive is a GT TSI which is a whole another level stiff so I still find the ride quite comfortable.

I am getting a range of approx 190-200 kms so there is no negative effect on range I guess.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_e3365.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_e3368.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_e3373.jpg

Leather Wrap on the Steering

I saw the thread on leather upholstery in Bangalore on tbhp which spoke highly about Nagaraj so spoke to him and got to know that he has opened a shop near Nagarbhavi. Went to his place and he showed 2 options:
1. Stanley leather - Rs 2200
2. Napa leather - Rs 4300

I don't know much about leather but I knew that I wanted the smooth matt finish type one and the Napa leather seemed perfect. Price was steep but steering is the main connection between the driver and the car so I went ahead with that and this is the best 4300 Rupees I've spent. The steering feels so much better to grip and use, it has significantly changed the way I feel about driving the car.

The whole job took just over an hour and the workmanship from Nagaraj is superb. Icing on the cake: he had the teal coloured thread for stitching to go with the overall theme of the EV and it complements the black fabric seats with tri-arrow pattern on my XZ+ model.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3271.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_e3378.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3275.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3274.jpg

Tata OEM Armrest
Costed me around 5k from the Tata Accessories list which is a rip-off considering that similar or better armrest is available on Boodmo (wish I had checked earlier). The armrest looks good but it is very flimsy and creaks as soon as you put your arm on it. I asked the service guys to check it during the first service but there is nothing that can be done on a flimsy design with cheap plastics.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3600.jpg

Carpet Mats and Mudflaps

Got these from Tata directly. They do the job, nothing special to write about.

I've done 3000 kms so far and really enjoying the peppy and silent drive with very low running cost. Perfect city car with no competition so far! Let's see what the MG Comet has to offer.
anshumandun is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 21:42   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
I am not sure what stopped TML to sell topend Tiago EV with alloy wheels.

They are giving 15inch alloy wheels for Tiago EV Blitz, which could be launched by next year in first quarter of 2024. Everything is same like the top model of the current Tiago EV, except the external appearances you can see in the image.
userAditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 11:31   #318

I got the delivery of my Tiago EV XT LR variant last month and have gotten some cosmetic modifications done (seat covers, floor matting, steering wrap). Just sent it for PPF so will share the pictures once it's back.

On the booking experience: I was one of the first to book it way back in Oct but I opted for the Teal Blue XT MR variant because this was going to be a purely city car for my mom to drive between office and home. As we approached March, I was informed by my SA that the waiting period for the MR variant might be another 2 months. Because I wanted to avail the tax benifit, they informed me that they can get a new booking done and reserve a Tropical Mist XT LR variant which was available at the plant. I compromised on the colour and was ready to shell out additional funds for the increased range since I was getting a better vehicle. The PDI was good and apart from obvious panel gaps everything checked out. Delivery was smooth and no hassle there. The dealership details: Venkataramana motors Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad.

I opted for ACKO insurance since the difference was almost 23K. Only got the mud flaps, car cover and parcel tray as accessories from dealership since those were crucial to me.

In terms of charging, I'm working with my local power distributor to get the existing load increased and in the meantime, I've been using the 16amps wall socket to slow charge. I see higher range when I slow charge vs when I fast charge the vehicle.

Overall my experience with this vehicle has been fantastic. The last car I have is a 2002 Alto which I bought from a friend about 7 years ago so this was certainly a huge step up in terms of comfort and performance.

Happy to answer any questions 😇
IWantTheBest is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2023, 16:41   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshumandun View Post
Tata OEM Armrest
Costed me around 5k from the Tata Accessories list which is a rip-off considering that similar or better armrest is available on Boodmo (wish I had checked earlier). The armrest looks good but it is very flimsy and creaks as soon as you put your arm on it. I asked the service guys to check it during the first service but there is nothing that can be done on a flimsy design with cheap plastics.
Thanks for the detailed post. Quick question do you have a link of the armrest that you thought was better on Boodmo. I was looking out for the TATA OEM arm rest and thought that was probably the best fit and if you say that itself creaks not sure about the ones on Boodmo. Also how is this installed at the base, can you share a picture and can the creaking be avoided with a few more screws?
Old 12th April 2023, 17:05   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
I was looking out for the TATA OEM arm rest ...
The OEM armrest costing 5000 and requiring screws is an unnecessary hassle. I got this removable armrest from amazon for our Tiago for less than 2000, it's at 1500 now: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08ZKGGGC3

I was genuinely surprised at how well it does the job. The materials used are quite good and matches well with the interior. Just slide it into place between the seat railings while sitting in the back seat. It doesn't creak or move a bit. The handbrake becomes a bit more difficult to operate but that's easy to get used to. The only issue is that underneath the finish is not great, but you don't see it at all when installed. I'd highly recommend you try this instead of going for permanently fixed ones.
sravankrishnan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 09:26   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw the thread on leather upholstery in Bangalore on tbhp which spoke highly about Nagaraj so spoke to him and got to know that he has opened a shop near Nagarbhavi. Went to his place and he showed 2 options:
1. Stanley leather - Rs 2200
2. Napa leather - Rs 4300
Can you share the location of this shop please?
Old 13th April 2023, 10:38   #322
BHPian

I got my vehicle delivered this monday. And it wasnt a great experience. I had PDI done and specifically mentioned about hard doors at the back. They had not rectified it. To my disappointment there was another EV same color out for delivery which did not have this issue. SO was very upset in spite of having the PDI done and requested for rectification I had to take the delivery with the fault.
The team lead there was able to convince me to take the vehicle after taking a written commitment from them that the issue is acknowledged and will be rectified with in a day after giving it to them for rectification.

So my experience with PDI, if you identify an issue, make sure you cross check if other vehicles have the same issue or not. If others dont, then it most likely manufacturing fault so better to reject. I'm not sure the PDI service personnels are equipped enough to handle any rectification. We will end up roaming around to get it rectified.

Quote:
I've added a few accessories on my Tiago.ev.

Since these are 15", had to change the tyres also. I chose Ceat Secura Drive in 175/60 R15 size since others were either not available in this size or were too costly. The Ceats costed me 16k for 4 tyres. I also sold the stock 14" wheels and tyres through Facebook marketplace for 17k.
I'm thinking of alloy too. I thought will go for after market ones. So 15" has no impact to steering or humps? Did you also get your seat covers done?
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 12:40   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile10 View Post
Thanks for the detailed post. Quick question do you have a link of the armrest that you thought was better on Boodmo. I was looking out for the TATA OEM arm rest and thought that was probably the best fit and if you say that itself creaks not sure about the ones on Boodmo. Also how is this installed at the base, can you share a picture and can the creaking be avoided with a few more screws?
I don't have the link but I saw that on the Tiago Petrol forum on tbhp. You may check there.

The creak is not at the base where it is fixed. The installation is good. It is just that armrest part which has an openable lid for storage which creaks because the material is hard plastic for both top and bottom part and their thin sections creak on touching each other. Attaching some photos:

Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3740.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3741.jpg
Tata Tiago Electric Review-img_3742.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Can you share the location of this shop please?
https://goo.gl/maps/VEPV9CmuPmXP1f4h6

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
I'm thinking of alloy too. I thought will go for after market ones. So 15" has no impact to steering or humps? Did you also get your seat covers done?
The ride is a bit stiffer; except that there is no other effect. These are the same alloys that Tata uses on the Tiago petrol variant.
I did not get seat covers; the stock black ones with tri-arrow blue design on the XZ+ variant look really good so no plan of covering them anytime soon.
anshumandun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2023, 13:40   #324
BHPian

Quote:
The ride is a bit stiffer; except that there is no other effect. These are the same alloys that Tata uses on the Tiago petrol variant.
I did not get seat covers; the stock black ones with tri-arrow blue design on the XZ+ variant look really good so no plan of covering them anytime soon.

Thanks, I thought to the stock 175/65 R14 185/60 will be a better choice with more road grip and look. 170 is reducing its standard width.
Old 13th April 2023, 14:27   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I thought to the stock 175/65 R14 185/60 will be a better choice with more road grip and look. 170 is reducing its standard width.
Not sure but 185 section tyre might reduce the range due to more contact patch. 175/60 is the size that Tata uses with its 15" alloy wheels so I just went with that.
Old 14th April 2023, 17:39   #326
BHPian

How many Tiago EV's sold till now, especially in March 2023?
We could not get the breakup elsewhere.
Old 15th April 2023, 05:07   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure but 185 section tyre might reduce the range due to more contact patch. 175/60 is the size that Tata uses with its 15" alloy wheels so I just went with that.
Ceat may be more harder compared to others. Any reason why you went for Ceat. I was checking 175/60 isnt available in Continental but Yokohoma has. They are softer on road, could reduce the stiffness. But grip wise I agree.

One more thing, the slow charger wall mount is nothing but couple of MCBs and a 15A switch. I thought it will come with charging gun. What is the point of giving so much sophistication just for a plug? Does this mean we have to use a plug point which is as protected as this one? In that case is Tata discouraging charging at any place that has 15A socket?
abacusv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 20:43   #328
BHPian

Hi, to all owners of the tiago ev which have projector headlights, I have a question.

Is it advisable to upgrade to led ones ? Does it void warranty ?
Old 17th April 2023, 16:15   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Ceat may be more harder compared to others. Any reason why you went for Ceat. I was checking 175/60 isnt available in Continental but Yokohoma has. They are softer on road, could reduce the stiffness. But grip wise I agree.
175/60 was available at a reasonable price only in Ceat (~4000 per tyre). Bridgestone was also available in this size but it costed close to 7500 per tyre!

There are a lot of other options in INR 5000ish range if you are okay to use a 185 section tyre but it might reduce the range.
Old 17th April 2023, 17:21   #330

Hi all,

We took delivery of our Tiago EV LR XZ+ Daytona Grey on Saturday. The car drives brilliantly and I am very happy with the purchase.

However, I see many "fit & finish" issues with the side windows (the rubber beading alignment), the rear hatch not closing properly on the left side, some plastic bit not properly fitted. So frustrating to see Tata deliver cars with so many minor glitches.
narvind0110 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks