Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2023, 17:36   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivasblue View Post
While changing gear yesterday from D to R, and R to D, I received the message "Gear Change Denied" couple of times. Anyone else has encountered this before? Is it because of something I did wrong, like not pressing the Brake Pedal before changing the gear?
I had to restart the car during these 2 times to get going, it happened in the middle of road and traffic, and hence did not really had time to analyze what mistake I did.
In an Automatic, to change a drive mode, you'll have to always press the brake pedal fully to execute a change. Pressing brake pedal partially also leads to such messages popping up in MID. Also, in Tiago EV, the beep for successful mode change is different. Hence you need to observe that too.
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 17:44   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptonomer View Post
Also, I was exploring the internet about various benefits that are being provided by the government and I read about the 80EEB income tax benefit, but when I was looking at the income tax e-filling page, the 80EEB form is not present under deductions.
As per my knowledge you have to file for returns using 80EEB not deductions upfront.
AKINA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 06:14   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
I am in Andhra Pradesh. This is not an urban area. The local electricity board people are not so knowledgeable. I enquired with them regarding increasing the load.

They say, increasing the load is not required. You can just fix the charger and start using it.
I dont know how is it in non urban area, but as far as my experience goes. Load change is mostly to do with billing than wiring upgrade. Phase change requires wiring upgrade. If you consume load than you opted for, there will be penalty that you need to pay every time there is up in the load usage. I had paid that amount couple of times when I was in a rented house. If you want to avoid that penalty, you need to get the load upgraded once in far all.
abacusv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2023, 12:01   #304
BHPian

Quote:

I am contemplating to fix just a 15 A socket and not use the 7.2 kw charger at all.
Until the load limit and wiring issue is sorted out, you can ask them to install 7.2 kW charger with a lower power limit. Depending on your current max load and state of wiring you maybe able to get it to work at bit higher than the 3.3 kW charger. Then once the load is increased, they can come increase the charging limit to 7.2 kW. It would also be convenient to keep the portable charger always in the car, instead of taking it in and out each time for charging.

Last edited by wocanak : 2nd April 2023 at 12:03.
wocanak is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 12:46   #305
BHPian

Quote:
I am in Andhra Pradesh. This is not an urban area. The local electricity board people are not so knowledgeable. I enquired with them regarding increasing the load.

They say, increasing the load is not required. You can just fix the charger and start using it.
just get meter to pole / bus bar wires changed to 10sqmm aluminum wire and do as they suggested... in many places, the contracted load is not a big deal at all still like they mentioned.
vj_v3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 08:47   #306
BHPian

Hi all, Got the EV PDI done yesterday. I checked the following.

1. Overall body finish look, paint, body scratch etc. All looked fine.
2. Electrical, infotainment, AC. Looked fine.
3. Verified VIN with manufacturing date. Confirmed 2023 March.
4. Was not let to drive so no drive checking but could put reverse camera and verify if its working.
5. Interior finish was OK.
6. OVRMs operation from inside.
7. All doors and bonnet opening and closing. I was hoping this will be smoother unlike the videos I've seen where they showed how hard they are. Sadly they were as mentioned in the videos. They dont close in one push easily. Just raised some dissatisfaction on this to SA, he said he will get some doors realignment checked for my satisfaction.
8. Did not check charging. Thats basic so didnt bother to ask and also was not a place that I could check the charging. The ODO was just 6km with 57% battery charge left.

I am satisfied and confirmed the vehicle to process for delivery.
abacusv is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:53   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
I am satisfied and confirmed the vehicle to process for delivery.
Before making final payment, please ensure that vehicle is in your name in their "CRM DMS system". I had a very bad experience when dealer asked me to sign a form that read vehicle was billed/ allotted to Mr. XYZ but it is being delivered to me as per my requirement & consent.

They told me about this after vehicle was already registered in my name in RTO & there was not much I could do except protesting.
maverick.vkv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 11:04   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.vkv View Post
Before making final payment, please ensure that vehicle is in your name in their "CRM DMS system". I had a very bad experience when dealer asked me to sign a form that read vehicle was billed/ allotted to Mr. XYZ but it is being delivered to me as per my requirement & consent.

They told me about this after vehicle was already registered in my name in RTO & there was not much I could do except protesting.
Interesting. But the victim here is the original allottee who may go back in queue. Would that matter to taking over customer?

And also which insurance is better? I have opted to go by my own as I see ACKO is giving me very very less price. Any suggestion on insurance will greatly help.
Old 5th April 2023, 11:19   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Would that matter to taking over customer?
Ain't sure but something was fishy, might be a PDI rejected vehicle. Issue was they didn't inform me upfront & only after I was signing delivery papers, they inserted this form.

Quote:
Any suggestion on insurance will greatly help.
I also wanted to go with Acko, their quote was about 20K with Zero dep & consumables covers. However, dealer wasn't willing. I finally settled for Kotak at 28K & I dropped 8K worth of accessory pack that I had opted for. Hope it helps.
Old 5th April 2023, 14:49   #310

Dealer was also adamant on selling the insurance. I talked Tata Motors helpline and they asked me to file a complaint which I didn't. After telling this, dealer agreed.

I have a question for current car owners, where did you attach your Fastag? Because there are rain sensing sensors in the middle behind IRVM, and attaching below that might reduce visibility. Can we attach it on left passenger side?
Old 5th April 2023, 15:17   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivertriver View Post

I have a question for current car owners, where did you attach your Fastag? Because there are rain sensing sensors in the middle behind IRVM, and attaching below that might reduce visibility. Can we attach it on left passenger side?
I attach it to driver side top so that its easy for them to scan using hand held scanner in case the auto scanner fails. Never had issues with it.
Old 7th April 2023, 18:47   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

A good friend has got the Tiago EV, and wants suggestions on suitable alloys for the car.

Any inputs, please do share.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 08:20   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A good friend has got the Tiago EV, and wants suggestions on suitable alloys for the car.

Petrol Tiago alloy wheels are good.
It’s 15 inch compared to EV’s 14 inch wheel. hence he will have to change the tyres as well.
I am not sure what stopped TML to sell topend Tiago EV with alloy wheels.

Last edited by arvindmanju : 9th April 2023 at 08:21.
arvindmanju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2023, 08:39   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
Petrol Tiago alloy wheels are good.
It’s 15 inch compared to EV’s 14 inch wheel. hence he will have to change the tyres as well.
I am not sure what stopped TML to sell topend Tiago EV with alloy wheels.
Ride quality.

They have anyway stiffened the suspension on the EV. 15 inch + lower sidewall will make it even worse. Let’s not forget that Tiago EV is essentially a city use only car, not intended for running at 3 digit speeds. Low speed ride quality takes precedence.
Old 9th April 2023, 10:31   #315

Do people get smartwatch with Tiago EV XZ+?

Most Viewed