Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2023, 15:29   #286
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Would it be a bad idea to upgrade the dampers to NRG's? They are different parts as per Boodmo and can probably help in a 10 mm raise in ground clearance (165 --> 175 mm).

I hope someone here answers this. The R14 wheels look tiny ngl. Normal Tiago's 15 inch wheel look classy. Btw 15 inch wheels would be the max wheel size upgrade for Tiago right ?

I am not sure if anyone has answer for this, but is it possible to upgrade wheels from Tata dealer itself, and if we do is there sort of exchange policy for the wheels that come pre-installed ?

Regarding the dampers, would it void warranty ?

Our car would be arriving in late April, or in first week of May.

I have already asked around for LED lamps to be installed in projector and frameless wipers. I think these are some additions or lets say minor upgrades that would make car look more premium.
Old 28th March 2023, 21:11   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_xyz View Post
I took delivery of the car 3 days ago. A person from Tata Power called me and said that he would be sending a technician for the charger installation. Turned out that the technician was an electrician from my neighbourhood with no knowledge and experience regarding charger installation.
He said he will be sending an experienced technician today.

Let's see how it goes.
That's even more shocking. Glad you stopped him on time from doing it. They should be bringing the cable provided by Tata anyways, its free up to 15m. Please update us how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
if it is 3.3kw one, then it is just a 16A socket, it's not truly "a charger" installation.
Well, that's what Tata calls it as. Honestly, if not for any potential issues with warranty, I would have had it installed by my electrician as anyways we had to sort out some grounding issues recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
I hope someone here answers this.
I am not sure if anyone has answer for this, but is it possible to upgrade wheels from Tata dealer itself, and if we do is there sort of exchange policy for the wheels that come pre-installed ?

Regarding the dampers, would it void warranty ?
14" does look smaller and 15" wheels of regular Tiago looks nice, especially on dark shades and seems to be the correct size but do consider your use case before upgrading. My father recently fractured his leg and so, bought this mainly for him instead of a Petrol automatic and the suspension just feels right. So, I was a bit hesitant to upgrade my wheels and anshumandun shares it's slightly firmer.

If you decide to go ahead, you can order it with Tata. They wouldn't take your wheels for any reasonable amount though. You are on your own with OLX, etc to sell it.

On warranty if you manage to change to NRG's damper - I would say it really depends on dealer to dealer, same case for alloys one can argue.

As it is, the car looks nice but I suggest you go for the top Lux variant which looks premium and has some useful features as well. You don't have to take anything from dealer including mat/mud flap, all cheap outside. Take insurane out and save more than 20K.

Edit: You can checkout the arm rest (Galio GFX), one of our bhp'ian has a video on it (Doc is back with a new video (DIY Installation | 12v rear power socket)). I managed to buy it from boodmo early march for 1.6K but it's updated to 2K, guess there is some demand.

Last edited by ganesc : 28th March 2023 at 21:27. Reason: Additional Comments
ganesc is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 11:35   #288
BHPian

There is also now 'TIAGO EV BLITZ'.

Its basically the same as top model of Tiago EV, just that it will come in white color and with 15 inch alloy wheels, there is no blue line running across the front bumper, actually there is one but it is in black.

The blitz model is marketed as a sporty by adding black color treament across wheels and alloys. Rest everything remains the same.

Wonder if they had released this at the same time with the one they are delivering, I do think Blitz would have been the primary choice for some enthusiasts. I think I would have definitely given a thought about buying the Blitz one.
userAditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 08:44   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
That's even more shocking. Glad you stopped him on time from doing it. They should be bringing the cable provided by Tata anyways, its free up to 15m. Please update us how it goes.
I called the Tata Power Coordinator whose phone number was received on a text message. I told him everything that happened and he said he will get back. Next day, a different technician from Tata Power called me. He seemed more knowledgeable about ev Chargers. He asked me for a copy of my electricity bill. After looking at it, he said that my contracted load is 6kw. This needs to be increased to atleast 10kw for supporting 7.2 kw charger.

Then he asked me for some pictures of the electricity distribution board at my home. After looking at the pictures, he said I have to make the following changes:
1. Change the MCBs to 63 amps
2. Change the wiring between the meter and busbar to 6mm from the existing 2.5mm.

Aoparently, this wiring can be changed only in the presence of electricity board persons.

I live in a rented apartment. I have asked my owner and association people to make these changes. My owner is not ready to bear any cost. The Apartment association is apprehensive that if the contracted load is increased, the fixed charges in the monthly electricity bill will be more. Any future tenant in this apartment may not be willing to bear this cost. Hence, they are dissuading me from making the changes required for installing the 7.2 kw charger.

I am contemplating to fix just a 15 A socket and not use the 7.2 kw charger at all.

I am feeling let down by Tata Motors in general and my SA in particular because, the information regarding the changes I have to make for installing the 7.2 kw charger was not known to me and no one from Tata informed me.

Had I known the changes to be made in my electricity setup prior to booking, I would have opted for the 3.3 kw charger and saved 50k. The car has been delivered and I am unable to use it till now owing to the delay in charger installation.
Old 30th March 2023, 09:49   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am feeling let down by Tata Motors in general and my SA in particular because, the information regarding the changes I have to make for installing the 7.2 kw charger was not known to me and no one from Tata informed me.

Had I known the changes to be made in my electricity setup prior to booking, I would have opted for the 3.3 kw charger and saved 50k. The car has been delivered and I am unable to use it till now owing to the delay in charger installation.
Buddy, sorry to say but you should have checked your load before opting for a 7.2kw charger. It is useful to know your load in general because you have ACs fitted at home, etc. Also, your load is mentioned in the electricity bill every month. So obviously, before opting for a 7.2kw charger you should have cross checked.

My take is - bear the cost that the owner is not willing to and convince the association as it is not their headache to worry about a future tenant at the convenience of the current tenant. You already live there. And 10kw is actually pretty common these days if you have 2-3 ACs at home. Seems like they are not willing to take up the pain of all the formalities of dealing with the electricity board.

Last edited by Pancham : 30th March 2023 at 09:51.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 14:36   #291
BHPian

I had made a booking for XZ Plus Long Range 3.3Kv and I got a call 2 days back that Car is allotted and is getting shipped. I should be getting it by this weekend or monday.

Apart from general observation is there any specific PDI one want to suggest before accepting the Car?
abacusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 20:07   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I called the Tata Power Coordinator whose phone number was received on a text message. I told him everything that happened and he said he will get back. Next day, a different technician from Tata Power called me. He seemed more knowledgeable about ev Chargers. He asked me for a copy of my electricity bill. After looking at it, he said that my contracted load is 6kw. This needs to be increased to atleast 10kw for supporting 7.2 kw charger.

Then he asked me for some pictures of the electricity distribution board at my home. After looking at the pictures, he said I have to make the following changes:
1. Change the MCBs to 63 amps
2. Change the wiring between the meter and busbar to 6mm from the existing 2.5mm.

Aoparently, this wiring can be changed only in the presence of electricity board persons.

I live in a rented apartment. I have asked my owner and association people to make these changes. My owner is not ready to bear any cost. The Apartment association is apprehensive that if the contracted load is increased, the fixed charges in the monthly electricity bill will be more. Any future tenant in this apartment may not be willing to bear this cost. Hence, they are dissuading me from making the changes required for installing the 7.2 kw charger.

I am contemplating to fix just a 15 A socket and not use the 7.2 kw charger at all.

Your location?

In TS, there is no minimum charges difference for 6kw vs 10 kw load "as of now" assuming you already have a 3 phase meter. (there is a min charge difference for 1 phase vs 3 phase).

in TS, you can apply for load increase online and they will change meter if required. if your existing meter is already 10 kw capable, no change will be required.

Wiring change should be simple and 500 to the line man will resolve the issue. If meter to bus bar is aluminum cable (which it usually is ) you need atleast 10 sqmm cable, 6 sq mm is not sufficient for 7.2 kw charger as it operates on 1 phase. You might also want to connect the rest of your home to the other 2 phases and use 1 phase just for the charger (and may be few other lighter loads if possible).

All said and done, please note that the 7.2 kw charger can also be configured by tata personnel to operate at 3kw.

Last edited by vj_v3 : 30th March 2023 at 20:09.
vj_v3 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2023, 09:22   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
I had made a booking for XZ Plus Long Range 3.3Kv and I got a call 2 days back that Car is allotted and is getting shipped. I should be getting it by this weekend or monday.
Congratulations!
Can you tell on which day of which month you had booked the vehicle ?

Quote:
Apart from general observation is there any specific PDI one want to suggest before accepting the Car?
I think the teambhp PDI checklist is it! Also there have been some users who opted for their own insurance instead of the one provided by dealer. There is some huge price difference.
Old 31st March 2023, 11:16   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Congratulations!
Can you tell on which day of which month you had booked the vehicle ?

I think the teambhp PDI checklist is it! Also there have been some users who opted for their own insurance instead of the one provided by dealer. There is some huge price difference.
I booked march 15th.

Regarding PDI I was looking for specific EV PDI for Tiago if there is any some owners here would suggest from their experience.
Old 31st March 2023, 19:44   #295

Quote:
I booked march 15th.

Regarding PDI I was looking for specific EV PDI for Tiago if there is any some owners here would suggest from their experience.
Happy for you that the allocation is happening quickly.

We had booked the XZ Plus Long Range 3.3Kv variant on the 4th of November with Prerana motors. Received a message from Tata motors as well, about the introductory pricing eligibility. Sales team started calling me in January requesting to have the payment ready. Since I was not planning for a loan, payment was never a concern and I communicated this to the sales person. Days just passed by without any allocation and I reached out to the CRM team who promptly redirected me to the sales person again.

Last week sales guy messaged me saying the vehicle was billed and it would be allotted in my name. A day later he messages again that it was meant for another customer and sent to me by mistake. These folks don't respond to emails and ignore calls as well. This car was meant for my wife and for usage within city as a second family car as well. She was somehow not too keen on a Tiago and this pathetic sales experience was a major downer. We finally decided to cancel the booking and messaged the sales guy with our decision since he did not answer our call. I have followed up by sending 3 emails so far requesting cancellation and refund, but have not received an acknowledgement either. Have never dealt with such unprofessional auto sales folks in my life. Even if I made a half-hearted decision to cancel, the sales teams apathy makes me believe I made the right decision. I feel fortunate that I escaped their service "experience".

Last edited by MysticMind : 31st March 2023 at 19:55. Reason: corrected spelling
MysticMind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 01:34   #296
BHPian

Hello fellow bhpians,
I am in a bit of a pickle. I early early booked a Tiago XZ LR and waited quite patiently till the end of Feb. For the few queries I made regarding my allocation there was no response from the dealership, so on 3rd March I decided to cancel my booking by contacting Tata directly via mail.
My application was forwarded on 6th March to Gurgaon regional office. I asked for details from TaMo but they have ghosted my emails after the above response.
The reason for cancelling was waiting for Punch/Altroz EV but I am not so sure anymore.
How do I get a refund on my booking? Any contacts would help.
Old 1st April 2023, 08:53   #297
BHPian

Terrible sales experience seems to be recurring theme. Had booked a Tiago EV XZ+ Tech LUX (slow charger) in the 1st week of Feb with PPS motors. Got a call from them in mid-march requesting to pay the amount (did not need a loan) and the vehicle will be delivered in a week's time.

Refused to make any payment without doing a PDI and would need the VIN & Motor number to take insurance from outside. The sales rep wanted to me make at-least a part payment in-lieu of full payment. Refused saying that payment is not an issue and am very happy to pay the entire amount once i see the car (or at-least some photos from the yard). PPS promised to get back in a less than a week for PDI.

Two weeks had passed since the initial "Your car will be delivered in 5 days promise ", and when pinging the sales rep, the reply was "The vehicle is transit", please pay the amount. When i refused, 2 days later their boss called up mentioning that Tata has mistakenly allotted me a car with a Fast Charger for which they can provide the VIN number but no PDI as its in transit (maybe its in ether and will magically appear once paid).

Mentioned that i have no use for Fast charger as its my secondary/third vehicle, happy with overnight charging and the house load is anyways not rated for 7.2 KW due to the million other electric components which will be running. PPS has now promised to get me a new car from a 'Fresh' batch, which probably means that they might have to mine lithium to make the battery, possibly wind the coil for the motor and give me a "Fresh" one.

If this is the sales experience which is supposed to be the best part of car buying, wonder how service and support would look. Thinking of cancelling the booking maybe change to an i20 N line or something like that.

Last edited by Aceman82 : 1st April 2023 at 08:58.
Aceman82 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2023, 11:22   #298

While changing gear yesterday from D to R, and R to D, I received the message "Gear Change Denied" couple of times. Anyone else has encountered this before? Is it because of something I did wrong, like not pressing the Brake Pedal before changing the gear?
I had to restart the car during these 2 times to get going, it happened in the middle of road and traffic, and hence did not really had time to analyze what mistake I did.
Old 1st April 2023, 11:26   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj_v3 View Post
Your location?
I am in Andhra Pradesh. This is not an urban area. The local electricity board people are not so knowledgeable. I enquired with them regarding increasing the load.

They say, increasing the load is not required. You can just fix the charger and start using it.
Old 1st April 2023, 13:21   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaibhavShatna95 View Post
How do I get a refund on my booking? Any contacts would help.
When you booked your car, you would have received a confirmation email from the dealer. Please check if it lists the cancellation and refund process. In my case Prerana motors provided an email for cancellation request and asked for documents such as booking email, Pan copy, and cancelled cheque. I have shared these across with them and waiting for their response.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks