Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2023, 19:22   #46

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I saw this post a couple of days ago and I was blown by this picture.
That's a very beautiful location, will go there when I come to the US.

Last edited by moralfibre : 25th February 2023 at 21:22. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
SpaceInfinite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 00:44   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceInfinite View Post
That's a very beautiful location, will go there when I come to the US.
Thanks. This is just one location. If you come to WA often, I can share a list of "must do" places that will blow your mind.

Tesla Snow Blizzard Drive Feedback

This year, Washington got ridiculous amount of snow. It was even said that we got 4X more snow than New York which says something about the global weather changes as Seattle was never known for major snow.

Earlier this week(Monday), when we got up in the morning, it was snowing heavily. My wife is scared to drive in such conditions and she asked me to drop her to work (9-miles one way).

I decided to get brave and take the Tesla instead (They are shod with Pirelli Summer Performance Tires and I did read reviews that in snowy conditions they provide not much grip) and I had a couple of crazy moments.

Brakes

I drove the car as if it’s normal road conditions and most times use REGEN for slowing down and stopping but, a couple of instances I was little faster than required and had to slam the brakes.

Guess what? Nothing happened. It felt like I stepped on a flat ground and pedal does not go in and the car won’t stop. This happened twice and both times the heart came into the mouth.

Another scary moment was a car in opposite lane (2-lane road) almost came into my lane as his car slide. I had to take an evasive action by swerving right and then the Tesla did a nice slide but, traction control brought it back in lane quickly. Very impressed.

I did enjoy a couple of predictable slides when taking some corners but, I realized that driving the Tesla with tires that is not meant for that season is asking for trouble.

While it's technology to provide stability is awesome but, driving it with summer performance tires is really risky ( I don’t want to spend $2000 to get the tires changed, so will use the car hereafter in dry and rainy weather)

Tesla owner's feedback is appreciated.

Here are some pictures of the snow blizzard which I never saw in a city (usually, it happens around 50 miles away in the mountains).

Snow Blizzard in a city/suburbs- A first for me.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8670.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8676.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8652.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8656.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8661.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8657.jpg

Rosso Diablo got a nice thick foamy mustache after I returned home. Haha!

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8687.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8688.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8685.jpg

Our community was unrecognizable as everything turned white.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_8684.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 01:16   #48
BHPian

Quote:

Though NL is scarcely snowy in winter, I don’t take the risk of running summer tires in Winter. Between October/November and March, my model 3 ( and all my past cars) is (were) always on Winter tyres. Also I drive often to Germany and Winter tyres during these months are mandatory there.

My model 3 doesn’t need chains or spiked winter tyres in NL as the terrain is almost flat in most places, I still have some chains lying around just in case for those south Germany trips to Alps. If you are driving in weather conditions under 7degC during some months of the year, having a set of winter tyres is a safe choice. Since the M3 is not your only car, yes u can skip using it altogether. But I will terribly miss the preconditioning in those winter months if I have to use an ICE car only in winter.

Moreover a 2.5Ton SUV will take longer to brake or steer in icy conditions than a 1.8Ton Sedan

Last edited by carthick1000 : 5th March 2023 at 01:23.
carthick1000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 11:30   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I decided to get brave and take the Tesla instead (They are shod with Pirelli Summer Performance Tires and I did read reviews that in snowy conditions they provide not much grip) and I had a couple of crazy moments.
This was brave of you but a poor choice considering these cars with Summer Performance tires are not meant to be driven in slick conditions let alone in middle of super rare blizzard where they dont even salt the roads like in NE US or Canada. I'm glad nothing happened and you and dear Rosso Diablo are fit and fine.

Quote:
I drove the car as if it’s normal road conditions and most times use REGEN for slowing down and stopping but, a couple of instances I was little faster than required and had to slam the brakes.

Guess what? Nothing happened. It felt like I stepped on a flat ground and pedal does not go in and the car won’t stop. This happened twice and both times the heart came into the mouth.
Actually this is intended behavior and the car took over to prevent you from going into uncontrollable slide. On many Tesla forums and reddit etc. it is recommended to turn off regen breaking and let the car behave like normal car if one routinely drives in snowy conditions. This helps in avoiding issues where regen brakes sends car into uncontrollable slide.

During snowy/slick conditions too much braking is main reason for most of the uncontrolled slides & accidents. This is why your car's traction control sensed the car would have entered into a slide and instead didn't take your brake inputs and instead let the car roll which prevented it from going into a slide.

As a side note, experienced people recommend that if one ever enters into uncontrollable slide, apply slight bit of accelerator and turn the wheels straight which might help it regain traction.

Quote:
I did enjoy a couple of predictable slides when taking some corners but, I realized that driving the Tesla with tires that is not meant for that season is asking for trouble.

While it's technology to provide stability is awesome but, driving it with summer performance tires is really risky ( I don’t want to spend $2000 to get the tires changed, so will use the car hereafter in dry and rainy weather)

Certainly, thanks for acknowledging the truth.

I urge everyone, please for sake of almighty and of course you, family and everyone else around you please do not and I request do not ever try to drive the car with Summer Performance tires especially car like Tesla with regen brakes.

Too much braking is the most common reason why cars go into uncontrollable slide and having reduced traction tires like All Seasons/Summer Tires and not using traction control device like chains results into case like below. Four wheel drive/AWD does not prevent these uncontrolled slides. Trying to drive in these conditions without proper tires/chains means higher likelihood that the car will go into a ditch instead of the destination where you want to go.

This happened just over the weekend during yet another blizzard here in the northern CA mountains - most probable reason car was not using Winter tires or Chains and instead had All Season tires which provides semblance of winter driving capabilities, Summer tires dont even do that.

Link - https://twitter.com/ActiveNorCal/sta...431497228?s=20
lexusES350 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 12:30   #50

Quote:
Rosso Diablo got a nice thick foamy mustache after returned home. Haha!
Try a foamy Mohawk next time

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th March 2023 at 12:37. Reason: Use Quote function. Fixed.
Old 6th March 2023, 23:14   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
My model 3 doesn’t need chains or spiked winter tyres in NL as the terrain is almost flat in most places, I still have some chains lying around just in case for those south Germany trips to Alps. If you are driving in weather conditions under 7degC during some months of the year, having a set of winter tyres is a safe choice. Since the M3 is not your only car, yes u can skip using it altogether. But I will terribly miss the preconditioning in those winter months if I have to use an ICE car only in winter.
Seattle is generally cold throughout the year and temperatures are between 7C to -12 C expect for 3-4 glorious months of summer where the weather never crosses 30C.

Having said that, this year we got just too much snow and unlike in East Coast, here they don't clean the roads fast enough which becomes dangerous for road users.

I have learnt my lesson and will avoid driving the Tesla in it's current avatar of Summer Performance Tires which perform outstanding in rain (Seattle gets rain literally every day) and dry tarmac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Moreover a 2.5Ton SUV will take longer to brake or steer in icy conditions than a 1.8Ton Sedan
Well, as per Physics what you say is true. But, I feel my BMW has better brakes than the Tesla (Maybe they haven't bed in properly as I hard use the brakes of Tesla and they feel as good as brand new)

Also, Washington keeps scaring folks to get chains when going to mountains.

I never take the Tesla up in the mountains as it's snowy and dangerous with summer tires but, BMW handles that terrain as if child's play. Just amazing grip in snow, no skids even when I am pushing it hard in snow conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusES350 View Post
This was brave of you but a poor choice considering these cars with Summer Performance tires are not meant to be driven in slick conditions let alone in middle of super rare blizzard where they dont even salt the roads like in NE US or Canada. I'm glad nothing happened and you and dear Rosso Diablo are fit and fine.

Actually this is intended behavior and the car took over to prevent you from going into uncontrollable slide. On many Tesla forums and reddit etc. it is recommended to turn off regen breaking and let the car behave like normal car if one routinely drives in snowy conditions. This helps in avoiding issues where regen brakes sends car into uncontrollable slide.

During snowy/slick conditions too much braking is main reason for most of the uncontrolled slides & accidents. This is why your car's traction control sensed the car would have entered into a slide and instead didn't take your brake inputs and instead let the car roll which prevented it from going into a slide.
Thanks Naveen. I drove 20 miles to drop wifey and the other end of 10 miles there was no snow. But, this side of 10 miles when I am coming back home, it was a crazy blizzard as you see in pictures.

Man, here the weather changes in every few miles (I need to lug a set of winter tires on my roof all the time ). Just Kidding!

On a serious note, it's indeed dangerous and I will be extra careful in driving in these conditions. Thanks guys for your lovely inputs.

Yesterday, it was sunny so gave both of 'em a simple hose wash and cleaned with a cloth.

Now they look how they should- Shiny, Beautiful and Eye-Candy.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9038.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9041.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 00:20   #52

Hi Mobike008,

Your thread inspired to get a Tesla M3. So thank you!

Did you add any PPF to your M3?

Thanks!
iFrag
iFrag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 10:25   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrag View Post
Hi Mobike008,

Your thread inspired to get a Tesla M3. So thank you!
Congratulations on your new acquisition. Which variant did you buy? RWD or Long Range?

Some questions :

1. Which was your previous car?
2. What's your location in US?
2. Please share some pictures of your Model 3.
3. Also, do share your initial observations assuming you are coming from an ICE background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrag View Post
Did you add any PPF to your M3?
Nope. I did not spend a single dime on the car yet. PPF, Ceramic Coating. Nothing!

In fact, I got some flak on Facebook Tesla M3 forums for not even tinting the car. A light tint is on the cards but, I am still contemplating if I should do it or not, as I live in a cloudy/snowy/rainy location and I need all the visibility I can get.

If you go through my thread, I did a wax it once using a product which is really good and keeps the car shiny and beautiful.

I may consider the PPF and/or Ceramic route later in it's life when and, if I feel the color is fading which I doubt as I baby the car too much.

Congrats again and wish you plenty of enjoyable miles of it's ownership.

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th March 2023 at 10:27.
Old 10th March 2023, 21:55   #54

I have upgraded from a Nissan Sentra, so its pretty huge upgrade. I live in Northern Virginia area about 30 miles out of DC.

I am planning to pen down a ownership report soon, so will share pictures there.

Initial observations - I bought the Standard Range and I love it as the drive is buttery smooth and acceleration will push me hard on the seats.

Range anxiety is virtually non-existent as I have charger at home and charge once or twice a week, I don't drive to work as my job is WFH/travel to client site, however, on road trips it takes longer but the SC network is remarkable in the east coast. Its been a good 3 months of ownership as there were no niggles faced in terms of reliability.

Planning to tint the car and wax like you mentioned.
iFrag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 13:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Model Y shod with 20" Pirellis and yes they do slip in snow. But to be fair most cars with summer tires will, even with AWD. In fact if my memory serves me well, my experience with front wheel drive cars (2007 Hyundai Sonata) but regular all season tires have been better than fancy AWDs (2018 Audi Sportback) with summer tires. The area you live in typically doesn't get a lot of snow, so it might not be wise to get winter tires. What you can do though is to get grippier all season tires next time around when due for a tire change. Drive safe out there.
inwester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 03:39   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inwester View Post
I have a Model Y shod with 20" Pirellis and yes they do slip in snow. But to be fair most cars with summer tires will, even with AWD. In fact if my memory serves me well, my experience with front wheel drive cars (2007 Hyundai Sonata) but regular all season tires have been better than fancy AWDs (2018 Audi Sportback) with summer tires. The area you live in typically doesn't get a lot of snow, so it might not be wise to get winter tires. What you can do though is to get grippier all season tires next time around when due for a tire change. Drive safe out there.
I was under the same impression as you when I moved from Michigan to Washington that this area doesn't get much snow. But, after I moved here, it started snowing heavily (at least from last 2 years). Wifey says we brought all the snow from Michigan.

And, unlike East Coast, here Snow is available almost through out the year albeit just 40-100 miles up in the mountains and landscape here is mountainous and it makes more sense here than anywhere else to have winter tires.

Having said that, I will not change them but, usually employ by other car for such drives into the mountain area.

When it's due for replacement (20K miles away minimum), I will get good all-season tires.

On a separate note, here is a short travelogue of Rosso Diablo's Day-Trip to Canada.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...ml#post5510918 (Tesla Model 3 Performance goes to Canada - A foodie day trip across the border!)
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2023, 06:22   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Having owned one and lived in Edmonton and that too with the RWD version, snow tyres are "MUST" for snow.

It makes an exceptional difference, you don't need an AWD on Tesla for snow but Tyres - no two opinions.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 06:38   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla Model 3 Performance- Music System Review

To set the basic context right before we begin the brief review of the M3P Music system.

I’m an amateur audiophile and usually critical about the music quality that I listen to. And, I do listen to a lot of music. I roughly peg the time per day to about 2-hours of music during various activities like driving, biking, walking or just relaxing at home with my feet up. This average amount of time goes up when driving.

I’m making an effort to write a review dedicated to a music system (which I never did in approximately 13 cars that I owned till date), so you can imagine the impact it made on me.

The only other time I made an effort was to install a full-on music system back in day in my Accent Viva CRDi including damping the entire car and spent around INR 1 Lakh. Well, the story here is not about installing anything. But, about a stock music system that came with the car.

For me personally, driving and listening to music is an integral part of an overall driving experience ( Only times I switch off ICE is to enjoy the booming sound of B58 engine in my BMW).

I normally don’t focus on music system when I’m test driving a car and same happened with Tesla. However, when I happened to keep the Tesla Model Y performance over a 24-hour period of test-drive, I obviously listened to a lot of music.

It immediately left an impression on me as the music quality was superior than any other car that I ever heard till date.

Then I started doing some research on Tesla’s music system which strangely is not marketed at all by them as one of the stand-out feature in a Tesla.

Tesla’s come with 2 types of Music systems :

Regular Sound System : 9- Speakers, 1 Amplifier and 1 Woofer
Premium Sound System : 15-Speakers, 2 Amplifier and 1 Woofer

Regular system is reserved for the basic model (RWD) of Tesla while the Premium Sound system comes equipped in Long Range & Performance models.

It's actually far more than a "sound system". Once combined with its 15” HD quality screen and video-streaming capabilities it's a full-blown theater system.

Watching Fauda while waiting for wifey..

My favorite Breaking Bad- Video and Audio quality is surreal.

Premium Audio - 15 Speakers (Including Subwoofers and Amplifiers)

But seriously, 15 speakers - Hey, that sounds like some rock show staging.

Driving and Listening to Music is Bliss

Focus on the song and not the background in the video.

It’s a known fact that Tesla has hired Bang & Olufsen engineers and there is a claim that these are “unbranded” B&O system.

I have personally sat in or drove several high-end cars (Mercedes, Porsche and BMW’s). This is a system is superlative compared to any of those systems in those cars.

Mercedes uses Burmeister and BMW uses Harman. And, I read somewhere on Tesla forum that it’s actually a better sounding system than the $12,000 optional system in the Audi R8!

Tesla has also strategically placed the speakers to give a rich, surround sound and theater like experience inside the cabin:

2 Speakers on front A-Pillar (Near the Mirror Position)
2 Speakers on front A-Pillar (High Above which is used for “Immersive Sound”)
2 Speakers on either side of the dashboard
2 Coaxial Speakers on the front door pads
2 small sized amplifiers inside the front doors
2 Coaxial Speakers on the rear doors
2 Speakers on the rear end of cabin
1 Subwoofer in the rear right side of trunk

To connect to the vehicle’s audio system using your smartphone, you’ll be limited to using Bluetooth only – the USB Type-C ports are for charging only. And, until recently (December 2022), I was using the iPhone to connect to Tesla and listen to songs. However, in December they released Apple Music which is an APP on Tesla Infotainment. The music quality listening via. the app viz.a.viz bluetooth streaming is like chalk and cheese. I would say at least a 100 bit-rate improvement.

Apple Music, Tidal and Spotify music in Tesla at 356 kbps bit rate is surreal to the ears. I think Tidal streams at an even higher quality (Over 400kbps).

Tesla’s infotainment system doesn’t support Android Auto or Apple CarPlay which I used to think of as a downside.

Now in hindsight, it’s not really required as Tesla’s own system is so strong that there is no need for 3rd Party Platforms like Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

On the plus side, there is the option to plug in a USB drive – which must be formatted to FAT32 – where you’ll be able to playback MP3 and higher-resolution files, such as FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec File) and WAV formats – up to 24-bit 192 kHz is supported. This makes the Model 3/Y/S among a finite number of vehicles that support higher resolution playback – ideal for amateur audiophiles like me.

There is absolute no clear information either in Tesla Owner’s manual or the web with respect to full audio configuration, After reading on many forums, It’s worth noting that the 3 and Y used to have a 16-speaker (or 15+1) setup.

Tesla removed the centre 1″ 25W dashboard tweeter from its newer models, bringing the system down to 15 speakers including a subwoofer (14+1).

The sub-woofer in the boot is rated at 160W

The Bass, Treble and Vocals are delivered seamlessly and there is absolutely no cracks even at the highest volume range which is simply incredible.

As for its soundstage, it’s very impressive, whereby leaving the ‘Immersive Sound’ on ‘Standard’ provides both a reference sound and when you toggle them on and off, there is a remarkable difference in sound quality.

In comparison to the Model 3, however, Tesla’s larger vehicle has its rear speakers within the boot itself rather than the rear parcel shelf. This means sound has further to travel before it hits your eardrums. As such, the Model Y is slightly less engaging than its saloon alternative or other SUVs that have more audio drivers at the rear of the cabin. To counteract this, Tesla could release a firmware update to include a dedicated ‘Rear Surround’ setting, a feature that’s found within a few rival systems.

As per some leading articles, Model Y’s audio system isn’t actually of the speakers themselves nor the positioning but rather the cabin noise. Using a sound meter and with the larger 20″ ‘Induction Wheels’ fitted the following figures were recorded :

36 dBA at a standstill.
53-56 dBA.
while driving at 20-30mph.
60-63 dBA, while driving at 40mph.
70-73 dBA when at 70mph. When the windows are brought down, the level increases by roughly 12 dBA.

While the Tesla’s are nowhere serene inside the cabin as a BMW but, despite the higher sound creep inside the cabin the sound stage is still mind-boggling even at higher speeds.

Videos like Youtube, Netflix, HULU etc can be played only when the car is stationary. With this type of audio speaker configurations, the soundstage is next level.

When I am waiting for someone (usually, it’s the wife) or charging the videos that I play makes me feel that I’m literally sitting in an IMAX theatre as the sound bounces off from all corners and makes you immersed in the happenings of the video.

Audio Configurations :

It’s simple and can be configured by these sliders for various options like in-speaker bass, subwoofer, treble, mids and Immersive sound can be turned on and off.

Even with bass set to minimum levels the thump is incredible and as you rack up the bass the boom gets violent without any cracks which is simply commendable.

To summarize, No wonder the serious audiophiles all over the internet/YouTube are always raving about this system. I’m super impressed with Tesla’s music system which is at least 5X times better than the Harman system in my BMW.

Here are few pictures of the speakers positions and some sample audio/video links.

Cheers and Thanks for reading.

Speaker on the top of the front window (both sides)

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_6433.jpg

Speaker on the roof (above the front window) on both sides- This aids in immersive sound stage.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_6434.jpg

Large speakers on the bottom portion of the door panels (both sides).

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9624.jpg

Closer look of the top speaker on front door.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7941.jpg

Passenger side immersive speaker.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7942.jpg

Front bottom speaker.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7940.jpg

Another view.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9626.jpg

Rear door Speaker.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9622.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_9625.jpg

Rear Parcel Tray Speakers

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7939.jpg

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7938.jpg

Rear Speaker.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7937.jpg

This is where the meat of the story is. The side houses a massive amplifier and a sub-woofer. I didn't want to meddle with flaps so didn't open them.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7934.jpg

Unrelated- Cute little trick that I got to know later. Sometimes ( Happened twice to me till date), the charging cable won't get unlocked automatically. I panicked and searched YouTube to find this trick. Just pull that cloth lever and the charging cable gets unlocked.

Rosso Diablo | 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance (M3P) | 20,000 miles in 21 months | Ownership Report-img_7936.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 09:59   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I’m super impressed with Tesla’s music system which is at least 5X times better than the Harman system in my BMW.
That is high praise considering BMW's Harman systems are well designed and tuned.

I guess one of the advantages with EV cars and better audio is the lack of a combustion engine. No matter how refined an ICE engine can be, there will be always be some NVH filtering into the cabin. More so, if you drive something like an S5 or a C43, where there is some noise filtering into the cabin by means of the exhaust system. You need to play the system at a slightly higher gain to truly enjoy it whereas in an EV, your gain levels can be lower and you can still hear well.

The good thing is that many lower priced cars these days come fitted with reasonably good stereos straight out of the factory. I won't call them high end but something far superior to the options we had 10 years ago. A Bose system in a budget car was unheard of. I mean, it has come to the point where I won't buy another car if the stereo and NVH were no good. It is essential if you are someone who listens to music while driving and appreciates good sound quality.

However; I do miss the days of DIY. Those Pioneer 1 DIN fold down flap units with dancing spectrum analyzers. They looked the part at night. I am sure we all had one of these at some point in our car audio journey.
sandeepmohan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 14:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
My favorite Breaking Bad- Video and Audio quality is surreal.
I can imagine a conversation going like this -

Me - Please describe the M3P's sound system in three words.
mobike008 - Tight, tight, tight

Sincere apologies for my (breaking)bad humour.
Yash390 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks