Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2022, 13:51   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

For all those who have booked Tiago.ev are expected to receive a confirmation via email from tata on whether they have made it to the first 20,000 list by 20th October (may be before)

Feedback from my dealership contacts :

• 24 KWh battery pack is getting more bookings vs 19 kWh

• XT being the most booked ,followed by XZ+

• As per the dealership Tiago.ev is hurting “CNG” portfolio of Tiago the most

• Very few Tata Punch customers are getting to Tiago.ev bandwagon

• Nexon ev bookings haven’t been shifted to Tiago.ev ,clearly customers have idea about different segments with expected Tigor ev update this month its shift of bookings is more or less settled now

• Chandigarh RSA,Tata motors have garnered 250+ bookings till yesterday

• Ludhiana Dada,Motors (Punjab doesn’t have ev craze) have garnered 75+ bookings till yesterday

• I feel Tata motors will accept Tiago.ev booking till 20th October and may extend the price protection to all

• Most people will finalise the car post test drive which are scheduled for December

(Sourced : From visiting the tata showrooms across two cities)

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 13th October 2022 at 14:04.
XRoader_001 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:01   #152
BHPian

I booked the Tiago.ev LR XZ+ / 3.3 kW / Daytona online.

The online booking process was error-free and straight-forward. Enter personal info, input OTP, pay through UPI and booking confirmed. The booking however does not confirm if I am the (10,000+10,000) early-bird customer with preferable pricing. I paid 21,000.

Slightly strange experience:
1.) Does Tata have different dealers for EV? The Tiago.EV booking page does NOT mention my preferred Tata dealer in Mumbai: Puneet Motors of Prabhadevi.

2.) The regular Tata website (cars.tatamotors.com) does not have EV details. The EV site (ev.tatamotors.com) does not mention non EV cars and did not have an option for me to book Tiago through Puneet Motors.

3.) When I called Puneet, they said there is some server glitch BUT I can book Tiago offline through them for 11,000 only !!
Strange. I wish I had checked with them before I paid 21,000/- online.
Is this Legit??
VPJ74 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:29   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
I am also now feeling I made a mistake by going through dealer. He is not responding to any messages about booking confirmation. He sent a price list which includes insurance of 65K for XT-MR, 3300 basic accessories and another 11800 "essential pack" bringing XT-MR OTR to 994000.
Don't bother about the OTR price right now. Once the car is allotted, you pay for the car as mentioned by Tata, Regn fee as per dealer (no road tax in KA as of now ). Insurance, Fastag and accessories you can choose to take from dealer or from outside. Insurance is normally cheaper and dealer will come down from what he has quoted. Accessories, you can choose whatever you want from dealer and take the remaining ones from outside.

I would say, Online booking would have been better for transparency, however some people say it otherwise where the dealer is customer friendly.
Prasidhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 15:33   #154
BHPian

I am a little confused about the "introductory pricing" bit. My initial understanding was that the pricing will apply to first 10,000 (now 20,000) cars "sold". However most people here seem to believe that it's for the first 20,000 bookings.

Website, brochure, etc. only vaguely states "first 20,000 customers".
tarunjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 18:28   #155
BHPian

Tata Tiago.ev will be on display at major malls across these 10 cities as per schedule shared by tata motors on social media.

Link :

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-01d069ade7ad4c7f8cf1d1cd383df0f8.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-f523af27b1754c079ea8b4d92ea6a464.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-38e02f623c3b481f8402d53a95e7b238.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-b1a580df6452418da2fe637bbeac83ba.png  

XRoader_001 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 19:46   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post

The multiple increases in price of CNG in the recent past would have reduced it's attractiveness to those concerned with the running costs.

The EV is the new economical per km ruler.

Also in CNG mode, performance drops further compared to petrol. Hopefully, the EV should be much better.
Fx14 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:00   #157
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
likely not correct. The target customer groups are different. Not everyone will go for the EV at this time, also becuse of the higher cost. And Tiago EV deliveries havent even started. An overlap between petrol and CNG versions will be there, and even this subject to CNG availability for the user.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 20:12   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
likely not correct. The target customer groups are different. Not everyone will go for the EV at this time, also becuse of the higher cost. And Tiago EV deliveries havent even started. An overlap between petrol and CNG versions will be there, and even this subject to CNG availability for the user.
I was updating what i collected from my visit too at least two dealerships in around chandigarh and subsequently ludhiana.

At the Chandigarh showroom as a friendly banter the Sa dealing with CNG bookings was worried about his incentive because on that day his 10-15 bookings shifted to Tiago.ev.

He factored CNG price being around ₹ 92 /kg with loss of boot space & a price difference of 1 lakh for XT variant for states where there are subsidies it’s hurting the CNG Tiago the most eventually the numbers will tell the story.
XRoader_001 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 00:25   #159
BHPian

Wanted to point out two things on Tiago.ev :

1. In the Official brochure of Tiago.ev the switches below the infotainment system show different functions vs the vehicle shown on the launch day it seems there is an error.

2. Latest owners of tata evs have reported that the cover with Ziptron badging under the bonnet is no longer available same was the case with Tiago.ev on launch day however one can order it at a price of
₹ 3500.

Attached images for needful with marking.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-ded6e36272aa4645889616907c03a9ac.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-c4b23feb6cfd40afa06ae0cb0bc98aa9.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-39bb6769e24a4d2bb29770b9d676c57e.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-62a7c5d9460b4a1e9a858ad2f84e74aa.jpeg  

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-322253ebbad9412bbc6a86a8d8bdf126.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th October 2022, 21:49   #160
BHPian

No booking confirmation mail yet for a supposed booking done by the dealer immediately after window opened. Do we have any way to escalate in Tata motors? I spoke to the customer helpline and they basically told me to wait with no end date, and if the booking has been done, the confirmation will come. Anyone else who booked pre-launch with dealers and hasn't received any sort of communication yet?
Old 15th October 2022, 10:17   #161
BHPian

I had pre-booked via a dealer and so far, there was no official communication from Tata Motors.

And guess what - the first official communication I receive from Tata motors is to confirm that introductory pricing will be applicable on the booking. Not really a surprise given that total number of bookings may still not have crossed 20,000. But still it's good to get an official confirmation of the same.

Not allowed to change the variant. Changing color is allowed till 30th November.

Here is the complete email:

Quote:
You have made a great choice in booking the Tata Tiago.ev and we thank you for choosing to go.ev.
We come bearing some great news for you and your family! We are pleased to inform you that your booking of Tiago.ev is confirmed at the introductory prices announced on 28th September 2022.
Further details regarding the delivery schedule of your Tiago.ev would be communicated to you in the coming days.

Key terms and conditions related to your booking:
1.Your Booking is confirmed and booking details including variant cannot be changed. You may however change the colour by 30th November 2022.
2.If you are an existing Tata EV owner or have been referred by a Tata EV Owner, then, the necessary valid details should be furnished in a timely manner to avoid forfeiting the introductory price offered.
3.Your booking is non-transferable.
4.Website terms and conditions applicable at the time of booking would apply in addition to the above terms and conditions.
5.If you desire to cancel the booking of your Tiago.ev, please contact the dealership chosen at the time of booking.
6.Please click here to go through complete list of terms & conditions related to your booking.

Thank you for booking the Tiago.ev !
Update:
Got the same email for my online booking as well.

All the emails have gone out at 8.30pm last night (14th Oct). Check your spam folder if you can't find it in your Inbox.

Last edited by tarunjain : 15th October 2022 at 10:33. Reason: formatting
tarunjain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 10:24   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyl87 View Post
No booking confirmation mail yet for a supposed booking done by the dealer immediately after window opened. Do we have any way to escalate in Tata motors? I spoke to the customer helpline and they basically told me to wait with no end date, and if the booking has been done, the confirmation will come. Anyone else who booked pre-launch with dealers and hasn't received any sort of communication yet?
Same story here for booking done with Kropex, Sarjapur, Bangalore dealer. I asked once on Monday, they said booking done you will get confirmation from Tata Motors, with no date. In hindsight, I wonder if I should have booked online.
Old 15th October 2022, 12:47   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunjain View Post
All the emails have gone out at 8.30pm last night (14th Oct). Check your spam folder if you can't find it in your Inbox.
Thanks for this - finally found it in spam, would have never spotted it without your note. GMail seems to be sending both hyundai and tata owner emails to spam
sudiptaadhya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 18:40   #164
BHPian

Just wondering, someone buying low range vehicle as primary car would obviously have to go through more charge discharge cycles whether fast or slow.

How would this affect the battery life?

Is the 8 year, 1,60,000 km warranty applicable irrespective of the charge n discharge cycles?

Would they check when warranty is claimed for the number of charge discharge cycles breaking it down to fast and slow?
sagsaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 19:14   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagsaw View Post
Just wondering, someone buying low range vehicle as primary car would obviously have to go through more charge discharge cycles whether fast
Assuming you charge it every week with a running of 100 kms, you will charge the vehicle only 384 times over a period of 8 years. Since this is a city car, one woulf most likely use slow charging most of the time. That is hardly any stress on the battery. Even after 8 years, the battery will slowly degrade and range lower. Should be Ok for normal city folks.
Palio_2005 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks