Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2024, 15:18   #331
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaser View Post
All depends on usage pattern.

If daily city driving about 25-30km daily (like me), then I recommend Tata Punch EV. However, if it's for family, then a bigger vehicle is recommended, if occupants are 4 or 5 regularly.
Will be 20 kms daily commute to and fro from work. Plus, like I mentioned we will be having the occasional long trips, highway drives, outstation trips etc.

I have no clue how good/bad the charging network is outside city limits. Especially when we go for longer trips exploring nature's trail. I guess popular tourist spots should be OK? We are avid travellers and are eager to explore all the lovely places around Mumbai, Gujarat and Karnataka.
Old 31st May 2024, 18:25   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Will be 20 kms daily commute to and fro from work. Plus, like I mentioned we will be having the occasional long trips, highway drives, outstation trips etc.

I have no clue how good/bad the charging network is outside city limits. Especially when we go for longer trips exploring nature's trail. I guess popular tourist spots should be OK? We are avid travellers and are eager to explore all the lovely places around Mumbai, Gujarat and Karnataka.
Some EV owners have already performed long trips & posted their experiences - you might want to browse & read their reports. There are recharging stations along highways though not as frequent as petrol bunks.

Mumbai, Gujarat, Karnataka should not be a problem except that you will need to identify recharging stations en-route well in advance before planning a trip to check the distances between them & see if they match up with your halts & recharging schedules.
It can actually be painful to stop by & wait just for recharging, but the wait will pass by easily if the recharging is combined with meal breaks. So, you might need to identify those recharging stations that also have a restaurant attached, & so on.
Quaser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 20:07   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaser View Post
Some EV owners have already performed long trips & posted their experiences - you might want to browse & read their reports. There are recharging stations along highways though not as frequent as petrol bunks.
Thanks for your feedback. Any preference between nexon ev and xuv400?
Also, any other EV launches in the horizon in a similar price bracket?

All the new Mahindra BEV vehicles I guess will exceed 15-16L OTR bracket?
Old 1st June 2024, 08:59   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akannath View Post
Thanks for your feedback. Any preference between nexon ev and xuv400?
Also, any other EV launches in the horizon in a similar price bracket?

All the new Mahindra BEV vehicles I guess will exceed 15-16L OTR bracket?
Both are equally good IMO. Tatas have lined up new EV releases, but I think it's always better to go for a model that has already been running & thus tested for some time, rather than risk going in for something untested.
Not sure about Mahindra's plans or pricing strategy.
Old 20th June 2024, 22:19   #335

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
This must be because NMC batteries run hotter than LFP and hence they require more cooling.
The 2024 manufacturing models of xuv400 have gone to LFP instead of NMC (until 2023) if I am right. The brochure also states the same. We have noticed the range has shifted as well positively especially in Chennai between the 2 models (average climate is 30'+).
Do anyone know the battery supplier? It is similar to the byd blade prismatic cell is what the service personnel informed.
Old 21st June 2024, 00:27   #336
BHPian

Nowhere the Brochure of xuv400 mentions the battery chemistry NMC or LFP

The current battery pack for Xuv400 is sourced from Farasis Energy Chinese battery supply with NMC as chemistry it’s the pouch cell which is being used in Xuv400

Mahindra has homologated a new trim hierarchy with its XUV400 where there is mention of the supplier of the motor as Valeo ,battery pack unit from Farasis along with LG cell & chemistry as NMC
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-img_7134.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-img_7135.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2024, 16:11   #337

The latest xuv400 EL/EC PRO variant brouchure obtained from their website mentions "high energy density lithium ion battery pack".

Additionally an interesting observation from the circular details shared in the above trail indicates 444 kms as the tested range in case of Farasis cell (instead of claimed 456 kms). It would be good if we find more details on the revised cell/pack details from Apr'2024.

My 2 cents: While NMC have high energy density and stable performance in hotter climates (like India) the actual cycle life is at-least 30% lower than LFP. It will be a welcome move if the chemistry has changed to LFP given the liquid cooled packs nowadays where thermal stability is taken care unlike e-verito or any previous 72v EV models.
Old 21st June 2024, 18:43   #338
BHPian

Yes, most battery packs will be labelled as high entry density lithium ion pack then there are types of batteries depending upon chemistry like NMC,LFP,LCO,LMO most often Oems mention the chemistry of the battery pack but Mahindra hasn’t done in the owners manual or the brochure.

Mahindra has filed a homologation for new variant line up of Xuv400 where it’s clearly mentioned the battery chemistry as NMC along with supplier name it’s April-2024 filing there remains no confusion on what chemistry is in lithium battery pack of xuv400 even for 2024 manufactured.

Further for Xuv700 electric & its born electric Evs Mahindra is expected to get LFP battery pack from BYD & Unified cell from VW here is video tour of the battery R&D centre of Mahindra

Link :::

Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-img_7165.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2024, 13:54   #339

A few observations on features that are added/missed out in the updated stock 2024 xuv400 are below:

1. Guiding reverse assist lines in reverse camera - this was present in the 2023 variant and was very useful. This and a 360' camera would make this a good proposition compared to competition
2. Wireless Android Auto - update pending
3. Alexa - license pending

Also observed the Adrenox app (2024) is much better than Blusense app (2023).
The 55 list of connected features are here along with the new feature additions . Attaching the pdf[ATTACH=XUV 400 EL PRO new features (1).pdf]2620939[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XUV 400 EL PRO new features (1).pdf (3.21 MB, 44 views)
Old 5th July 2024, 13:44   #340

We still haven't received OTA update for the infotainment which would bring much-needed Android Auto, Apple carplay and reverse camera guidelines. It was supposed to be released by the end of April. I have reached out to the Mahindra dealership multiple times but they have no clue. Any idea when we can expect it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks