Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2022, 11:58   #271
BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Is our team doing a review of this car?
Old 13th December 2022, 13:37   #272
Senior - BHPian

Re: BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh

Looks awesome in red. The interior is too radical and Chinese. Too many elements and too jazzy for my taste.
Old 13th December 2022, 23:41   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I watched the video as well and don't understand where Autocar is coming from.

In all practical measures, this is a Jeep Compass competitor (minus the off-roading capability) and not Seltos and co. competitor.

You can compare the Atto 3 apples to apples with a MG ZS but ZS is a a smaller car with less space, less power, less acceleration, less range and slower DC charging speed. Clearly, the Atto 3 is a segment above in all aspects including the price. Unless it isn't, in which case we can say that it is overpriced. But Prima Facie, that doesn't seem to be the case.

I will leave the verdict till I see the Team BHP Review or I see it in person but till then, the jury is still out.
You said in your previous post that you compared it to Tuscon also? Can you elaborate on that? Ride quality, seating comfort, entry exit and other notable features.
Old 14th December 2022, 00:16   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBanger View Post
Is our team doing a review of this car?
I guess TBHP wasnt invited for the media drive, or else we would have seen a review drop by now.

Big bummer this. Was eagerly waiting for a review by the team.

The general consensus seems to be its an Okayyish car, mostly due to its high asking price lot more is expected out of it.
Old 14th December 2022, 00:49   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing all videos and putting relevant thoughts together, below is what I can sumup without driving the car.

Pros
Looks futuristic, has both a good front and rear look.
Approximately 375 Km mix usage Range, can go uptil 400-425 on highways.
ADAS Features Work well.
Infotainment system is loaded and lag free.
360 Degree Camera works very well and quality of camera is good.
Spacious for it's size.
Seats are comfortable.
Sunroof is Massive.
Interior lights are very well done.
Front camera can be used as a dashcam, no need for third party accessory.

Average
Tires are just about average
Acceleration is Linear
Handling is just above average
Lot of sound from front tires on pushing the car due to FWD setup and average tires.
Main display cluster is small and looks cluttered.

Cons
Missing Features like Ventilated Seats and Rain Sensing Wiper at this price point.
Fast charging Options are limited at this point.
Expensive by atleast 3-4 lacs.
Limited dealership.
Parent Country origin Sentiments.

I was excited about the car, but then more I have seen reviews and read about it, I think I will skip this and wait for EV technology to evolve a bit more, mainly the charging Infrastructure. It is also tough to plonk 36 Big ones on EV and a relatively new brand(In passenger cars in India) , mind is not in agreement, the product could be competent though. I think if Hyundai Launches the Ioniq at near about same price point, maybe even 40, they will be able to pull away a lot of BYD customers, or entice customers like me sitting on the fence.

I will still go test drive it once, but the excitement I had for it few weeks back has over the time fizzled out, wish they had launched it at sub 30 lac price, even 29.99 would have sounded sweet. My son though is very excited seeing the videos of the car.
AtheK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 18:52   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Pros
Approximately 375 Km mix usage Range, can go uptil 400-425 on highways.

I think if Hyundai Launches the Ioniq at near about same price point, maybe even 40, they will be able to pull away a lot of BYD customers, or entice customers like me sitting on the fence.
You mean highway mileage would be more than city mileage, whatever I have heard and read, it's usually other way round for EVs due to lack of regen due to braking ?

IMO Hyundai Ioniq price should be pretty similar to Kia EV 6 i.e. around 60 lacs, hence cannot be compared with a car half the price.
Old 19th December 2022, 19:09   #277
Senior - BHPian

Bjorn Nyland is reviewing Atto3.

SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2022, 21:38   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
You mean highway mileage would be more than city mileage, whatever I have heard and read, it's usually other way round for EVs due to lack of regen due to braking ?

IMO Hyundai Ioniq price should be pretty similar to Kia EV 6 i.e. around 60 lacs, hence cannot be compared with a car half the price.
Actually if you would drive with a sedate foot you will get a better mileage, but problem is on highway you will usually drive faster, and probably would like to enjoy the Sports mode. The real life average according to this video in that case will be around 300 odd.

Old 20th December 2022, 00:01   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Head View Post
Ioniq 5 is a CKD whereas EV6 is a CBU. There are rumors that Hyundai may launch the 58 KWH battery whereas the EV6 gets a 78 KWH battery. So Hyundai can easily price it at half the price if they want to. Question is how they want to position the car.
Old 20th December 2022, 11:54   #280
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
I guess TBHP wasnt invited for the media drive, or else we would have seen a review drop by now.
Actually, we were invited , but there was some unintentional miscommunication in the chain . We will be driving the BYD soon.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 13:46   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Bjorn Nyland is reviewing Atto3.
Much awaited review and drive impressions. I watched all three of his videos, there's a tinge of chinese negative bias from his tone but overall honest reviews again from Bjorn.

Highway range he says should be in and around 300Kms. Expressed bit of displeasure with the MID and Infotainment screen software, couple of the software flows were counter intuitive and inefficient like the Adaptive Cruise Control resetting the distance toggle to minimum setting on Off/On.

Must watch videos for anyone interested in the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Actually, we were invited , but there was some unintentional miscommunication in the chain . We will be driving the BYD soon.

Cant wait for the TBHP review.
TheRandomGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2022, 13:54   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRandomGuy View Post
there's a tinge of chinese negative bias from his tone but overall honest reviews again from Bjorn.
He is a half chinese, not negative bias, he trolls the western perception of anything Chinese is cheap. He showed earlier how xpeng car(chinese software) can park itself at a parking lot but a Tesla(American software) fails to park in the same parking lot.
Old 21st December 2022, 13:59   #283
BHPian

BYD Atto3 is available for test drive in Gurgaon. Also all colour options are available to finalize, which option one wants. Going for a detailed test drive today itself.
Old 22nd December 2022, 22:10   #284
BHPian

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-88ebd2966c4e4864a1fc22f99d4da973.jpeg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-04207a305e1d4af79fadb99af2e7076b.jpeg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-d11bdfe281b54321bdc600e1f7669f5a.jpeg

BYD Atto 3 electric SUV to be launched this festive season. EDIT: Priced at Rs. 34 lakh-43e0b9c231b440f19b22c339509906ec.jpeg

Walked into the BYD showroom at Chennai and was surprisingly impressed with the Atto 3.

+Solid build and top quality.
+Quirky and clever features.
+Practical range.
+Spacious seat and boot.
+Blade battery.

- Who ByD?
- Sparse network
- ventilated seats missed.
- Price steep at face value.
- interiors quirky design - love or hate.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2022, 02:42   #285
BANNED

Best BYD Atto 3 reviews so far I have found in 2 Youtube channels

1st is Indian - Aayush Tanwar. Aayush has created an entire playlist, with detailed video even on LED lighting, interiors, driving characteristics, exterior
which no other Auto journalist has so far detailed in easy to understand manner for average car users.

playlist ->
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...AnKL26XwI6jYMm

2nd is New Zealand - Tarmac Life

vtires2018 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks