Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2024, 14:04   #1021
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
So I dropped the car to service center and they involved TACO team. TACO is the battery supplier. It is indeed an issue that HV System issue pops up below 6%. They say battery is ok but BMS is not charging all cells evenly. BMS is getting replaced. Car will be delivered in another 3-4 days.
My battery pack has been replaced for the same issue! Wondering what could be the real fix
Old 12th May 2024, 22:28   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
My car used to deploy parking brakes earlier but of late it just releases auto hold and if I'm not careful the car will roll either forward or backward depending on the scope of the road
If auto hold is on, it will show on your screen at the bottom in white letters. When you brake to a standstill the letters will change to green, meaning it is engaged. Let me know if that’s what you see as well.

On some rare occasions I when I come to a standstill but have not fully pressed the brakes, the auto hold does not engage. In such case as soon as I take the foot of the brake the car starts moving. So perhaps the issue could also be not pushing the brakes fully for the auto hold to engage.
Old 13th June 2024, 11:27   #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRPSREDDY View Post
Thank you for the feedback. The sound is coming back within a few days. I will visit the service center and press for the fixation as soon as possible. Hope to get a permanent remedy.
Did you fix this issue?, I had this issue last year, they fixed it but it's back now. The difference this time is, the tak tak sound comes only while accelerating.
Old 13th June 2024, 13:28   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapproach View Post
Did you fix this issue?, I had this issue last year, they fixed it but it's back now. The difference this time is, the tak tak sound comes only while accelerating.
Thanks for asking in the right time!!

Just 2 weeks ago went for insurance claim for a door dent followed by the 4th service schedule and explained that the issue is persistent and have not found a resolution despite complaining during all the previous service schedules. They have finally claimed to find a fault in the suspension and changed a few components under warranty and said it is solved. After the service, I left for Thailand for a 10 days holiday trip. Upon returning a couple of days sounds disappeared. But the sounds have come back to haunt me with more vigor. The cracking sounds on Acceleration and deceleration are more prominently.

Planning to visit the service centre as soon as possible. Also have complained about headlight adjustments but have not been done. During the previous TATA cars ownership, I had good experiences. But this time they are not so great. They claim to address issues, but they just ignore.
Old 14th June 2024, 11:36   #1025

Quote:
......But the sounds have come back to haunt me with more vigor. The cracking sounds on Acceleration and deceleration are more prominently..... They claim to address issues, but they just ignore.
Couldn't agree more. I have another issue with passenger side seat, once the seatbelts are buckled, there is a sqeaking sound when a person shifts his/her weight. Everytime they say they have fixed it, god knows what they fix. This time I am going to ask them to replace the buckle, let's see.
missedapproach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2024, 20:52   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapproach View Post
Couldn't agree more. I have another issue with passenger side seat, once the seatbelts are buckled, there is a sqeaking sound when a person shifts his/her weight. Everytime they say they have fixed it, god knows what they fix. This time I am going to ask them to replace the buckle, let's see.
Service centres are packed with cars and these guys have so many cars to address that they have stopped giving time to each car individually and just keep finishing each car half baked. TATA motor needs many more service centres for the cars they sell. Earlier we used to get a call to rate our experience post service from Pune. But now a days no one seems to care about the post service experience. I think the biggest factor for the step back is J.D. Power Asia Pacific rating that have stopped due to uneconomic reasons.
DRPSREDDY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2024, 18:46   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for asking in the right time!!

Just 2 weeks ago went for insurance claim for a door dent followed by the 4th service schedule and explained that the issue is persistent and have not found a resolution despite complaining during all the previous service schedules. They have finally claimed to find a fault in the suspension and changed a few components under warranty and said it is solved. After the service, I left for Thailand for a 10 days holiday trip. Upon returning a couple of days sounds disappeared. But the sounds have come back to haunt me with more vigor. The cracking sounds on Acceleration and deceleration are more prominently.

Planning to visit the service centre as soon as possible. Also have complained about headlight adjustments but have not been done. During the previous TATA cars ownership, I had good experiences. But this time they are not so great. They claim to address issues, but they just ignore.
This is completely fixable , its been 1.5 years and 40k+ kms after they fixed the same issue in my max. Its a known issue with max and they should know the fix. Try a different service center or escalate the matter.
Old 20th June 2024, 23:15   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post
This is completely fixable , its been 1.5 years and 40k+ kms after they fixed the same issue in my max. Its a known issue with max and they should know the fix. Try a different service center or escalate the matter.
Yes. I think it is not an issue. But the service centre is packed and they seem to be too tight on churning out more cars and the quality seems compromised.

I will sit with them and get it done.
Old 30th June 2024, 15:32   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinmra View Post
If auto hold is on, it will show on your screen at the bottom in white letters. When you brake to a standstill the letters will change to green, meaning it is engaged. Let me know if that’s what you see as well.
Sorry for the late revert. Yes, the auto hold green letters aee shown when I press the brake and stop. When the problem occurs , the auto hold display turns white and the brake gets released. However , since the last 2 months I am not seeing this problem. It seems to have vanished and a long auto hold converts to parking brake deployment as it should.
Thanks for your response.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2024, 11:08   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Quick few observations/data points on range at 1000km of ownership:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Update at 1 year/6500kms:

Update at 1.5 years/13000kms:

Car : Nexon ev max xz+ lux
Delivered : Nov 2022
Current odo : ~13000 km
Usage: Bangalore traffic 100%, 24-25°C Auto AC, 2-3 person always, 34-35 psi tire pressure, City Mode, Regen level 1, charged always on 7kw home charger with charges from 20s to 100% and occassional 10%-100%. DC fast charge done only once.

Good so far:
  • Been an ideal city beater car.
  • Extremely comfortable and fatigue free drive in city traffic.
  • No major mechanical or electrical issues.
  • No degradation of range observed.
  • 300+ range on max has worked out to be ideal for our usage.
  • My avg efficiency over 12,600kms stands at 99Wh/km
  • Comfortable suspension, soaks up the broken Bangalore roads very well.
  • Very good audio setup.
  • Auto wipers and auto lights work well.
  • Zconnect remote features is handy and has worked well for us. Renewed it for another year.
  • Ventilated seats - I am a convert now and find it pretty useful.
  • Full size spare and puncture kit with inflator.

What I continue to struggle with:
  • Extremely poor driver ergonomics - small footwell, the acc pedal is too close to wheel arch and all my formal shoes foul with it, seat backrest is small and lacks support, steering blocks part of speedo console visibility, end up with neck and shoulder pain often.
  • Dash reflection on windshield - the worst I have experienced among all cars I have used.
  • Fogging on windshield - hampers visibility in night driving.
  • Foul AC smell at start - things have gotten slightly better after replacing paper filter with plastic mesh type one but its still there.
  • Tata service centers - let down both on workmanship and service quality front.
  • Headlights - oem halogen are just not adequate, things have gotten better after changing the low beams to Tata approved Blaupunkt 55W LED.
  • Fit and finish - can't help noticing the poorly put panels, dash etc.
  • Auto AC is inconsistent and at times does not work as expected.
  • The seats get soiled way more than other cars at home with beige colour seats, the material used is slightly rough to feel and the dirt sticks more. Have stocked up on 3M foam cleaner.
  • Placement of ventilated seat buttons are not user friendly at all.
  • I still struggle with rotary shift dial.
  • Clock in car continues to lose time and there is no fix for this.

Wishlist and things I miss:
  • Steering with reach adjustment.
  • Memory seats - car is used by wife too and its a pain to adjust the seating every time.
  • Ventilated seats with slightly more air throw.
  • Phone call button on steering.
  • Paddle shifters for regen adjustment.

Additions and other bits:

Love the colour, during ayudha pooja:
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231023_130529.jpg

TripB used to track drive efficiency over long term - kms gets auto reset after 10,000km, efficiency does not. 99Wh/km over 12,000kms.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20240629wa0011.jpg

Been picking up punctures like there is no tomorrow, suspecting the construction debris at my office basement.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20240227_091409.jpg

I actually like the steel rim over alloys, full marks to Tata for giving a full size spare+puncture kit with inflator(icing on the cake is it has a bleed valve too)
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20240227_152557.jpg

Added DDPAI Mola N3 dual channel dashcam:
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231127_164201.jpg

Tata approved Blaupunkt LED on low beams:
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231226_133122.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231226_205738.jpg

Some DIY detailing with DA polisher + Meguiars ultimate compound and polish.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145711.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145730.jpg

Last edited by Sandegov : 3rd July 2024 at 11:30. Reason: Added new point
Sandegov is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th July 2024, 00:38   #1031

At the end of April 2024, I took my Nexon EV Max on a 1100 km journey from Bhubaneswar, Odisha to Kalimpong, West Bengal. This was followed by a drive to Yuksom, Sikkim and back to Kalimpong, and then eventually Bhubaneswar towards the end of June, 2024.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-1z1boke.jpeg

Purpose? I wanted to get away from Bhubaneswar's hot weather and enjoy cooler places in West Bengal and Sikkim. Luckily, my job lets me work from anywhere.

Drive to Kalimpong:
  • April 26, 2024: Started early at 5 AM, but had trouble with chargers in places like Balasore and Dhamtore. Stayed overnight in Kolkata at an Airbnb near Chinar Park after dealing with traffic.
  • April 27, 2024: Started at 5 AM to avoid Kolkata’s traffic, but unfortunately still got stuck. Had issues with chargers, especially at places like Golden Park Hotel & Resort. Stopped at Miramar Resort, Bidhannagar
  • April 28, 2024: Made it to Kalimpong by noon, navigating hilly roads and gaining a lot of elevation.
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-ev_drive_report_timeline2.png

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-elevationbbsrkmp.png

Other Trips:
  • Kalimpong to Yuksom, Sikkim: It was tough with narrow, bumpy roads and lots of uphill driving. As per locals, ours was the first EV to reach Yuksom!
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-elevationkmpyuksom.png

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-tripkmpyukso.png
  • Kalimpong to Bhubaneswar (the way back): Had to take a different route because of flooding. Charging situation was much smoother but had extremely long delays due to Eid related traffic jams. Started from Kalimpong at 6 AM on a Saturday, drove through the night to make it back to Bhubaneswar by 6 PM on Sunday.
Key Lessons:
  • Weather matters! Charging in cooler times helped a lot. If on a long trip, fast charge during early morning or evening times.
  • Learned the hard way: Always check the specific charger app, not just general ones like Plugshare, to avoid problems with power cuts.
  • TATA Power chargers were the best compared to Adani EV and BPCL - they were more reliable and worked better.
  • Note to self: Car settings reset every time I restart, which was annoying. And those wide A-pillars made driving on twisty mountain roads feel like a rally!
I did a total of 2600+ kms. Had a lot of fun driving the EV. Gave me confidence that making long trips on the EV is enjoyable by planning ahead, being flexible, and enjoying the adventure, quirks and all!

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-overalltripodo.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th July 2024 at 06:12. Reason: As requested
rogues is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 12:30   #1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogues View Post
At the end of April 2024, I took my Nexon EV Max on a 1100 km journey from Bhubaneswar, Odisha to Kalimpong, West Bengal. This was followed by a drive to Yuksom, Sikkim and back to Kalimpong, and then eventually Bhubaneswar towards the end of June, 2024.
Thanks for sharing your experience, it was a nice read (blog). You showed quite some patience with the charging situation on your route!

A real world range of ~400kms would be more suited for longer trips given the state of infrastructure.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 9th July 2024 at 15:42. Reason: Quoted post edited
zorori47 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2024, 15:46   #1033
BHPian

Is it just me or is this version of Nexon EV better than the latest generation? I hardly hear issues compared the new ones which is horrendous to say the least. It just proves that theory of never buy a new generation of a car until the face lift or update has come...kind of applies to almost every device.

Last edited by rosh_aveo1.4 : 9th July 2024 at 15:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks