Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2024, 12:45   #991
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)
Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
. MG and others are definitely much more mature products and worth the little extra they command in price. I have heard there are some good discounts too. Give them a try and if there is anything in specific you would like to know about Nexon feel free to DM me.
Thanks. Actually Ive been on a bit of an EV test driving spree this last ten days or so. And have written my small ‘impressions’ on various threads which I felt to be appropriate. As you say, MG ZS came across as a ‘Mature’ product.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 12:12   #992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Thanks to feedback from fellow members Carlover86 and Fusionbang on the LED upgrade - I headed over to Adi Shakti Tata showroom which was next door to my office in Hebbal and boy did I regret it! In hindsight should have stuck with Prerana motors
Quick update on this:
Thanks to Team-BHP, looks like Tata/Dealer have their eyes on this thread and I got a call 2 weeks back checking to see if I could come over so they can make up for the bad experience - I offerred to visit them anytime they wanted me to and would also share my honest experience here but only if he could check and confirm that their service center had a headlight aiming board/wall that they can use and align my lights, otherwise it would be a waste of time for both of us. He said he will check and get back and its been more than a week and am still waiting on it

Time to put this behind me now and move on - did some diy LED bulb positioning as per Blaupunkt video shared earlier and the throw has gotten better.

Other than this, our NexonEV Max continues to serve us extremely well as a city beater car - daily office commutes, ferrying kids for classes, grocery shopping etc gets done in full guilt free comfort and at dirt cheap running cost

Ending the post with few pictures from weekend diy detailing of the NexonEV Max

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145730.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145647.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145754.jpg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231230_145711.jpg
Sandegov is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 09:42   #993
BHPian

I had watched this video of NoiseFaktory that with recent update ev max does not go below 5 percent and Hv critical error would pop up. We need to call the service Center.

I wanted to test this as I do a lot of highway driving.

Took the car to 5 percent near my home and at 5 percent Hv critical error popped up. I could drive till my home and at 4 percent in my parking lot it stopped working. It shifted to neutral and stuck there. I turned it off. Waited for fifteen minutes and turned it on. I could put it back to reverse and park to my parking lot and put it on 3.3 kw charge. It worked without any issues. Zconnect app however is not working since then.
sumannandy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 12:20   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
I had watched this video of NoiseFaktory that with recent update ev max does not go below 5 percent and Hv critical error would pop up. We need to call the service Center.

This is true, but is it "HV critical error" or "HV System fault"?

I have started getting HV system fault error recently. This pops up every time SOC go below 7%.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20231129_100504.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th January 2024 at 12:50. Reason: spacing for readability + fixing quote tags
Old 18th January 2024, 13:23   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo roast View Post

I have started getting HV system fault error recently. This pops up every time SOC go below 7%.

Can you please share your charging pattern from zconnect app? This is seems to be cell calibration issues.

Quote:
This is not correct. I recently drove my car to 2% battery and there was no such error.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 18th January 2024 at 13:26.
Old 18th January 2024, 15:14   #996
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I understand, they have a Nexon EV Prime. So far I have not seen any EV Max with this error. Also has anyone got updates for EV Max? The last I checked with my SA, he said there are no updates to be done and it is the latest version.
Old 18th January 2024, 15:48   #997
BHPian

[quote=ferrarirules;5701883]Can you please share your charging pattern from zconnect app? This is seems to be cell calibration issues.

I didn't resubscribe for zconnect after its expiry. 90% of my charging is through 7.2 KW AC fast charging.
Old 18th January 2024, 18:57   #998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I didn't resubscribe for zconnect after its expiry. 90% of my charging is through 7.2 KW AC fast charging.
It is more about charging pattern. Are you charging to 100% every time and are you discharging to below 20% once a month?
Old 19th January 2024, 01:26   #999
BHPian

Quote:

You are right. This is HV system fault. I got this at 5 percent and the car was unmovable at 4 percent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Can you please share your charging pattern from zconnect app? This is seems to be cell calibration issues.

This is not correct. I recently drove my car to 2% battery and there was no such error.
I have driven my car to 2 percent many times. There was no error. This time after service this issue happened. I have driven more than 48000 kms in about one year and one month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prasidhi View Post
As far as I understand, they have a Nexon EV Prime. So far I have not seen any EV Max with this error. Also has anyone got updates for EV Max? The last I checked with my SA, he said there are no updates to be done and it is the latest version.
Quote:
It is more about charging pattern. Are you charging to 100% every time and are you discharging to below 20% once a month?
Noise Factory initially had prime then they got EV max I think... this issue was for max.

My drives are mostly on highways, so the car very often goes through the full charge cycle. After 3 DC charge cycle, it generally goes through AC charging 7.2 or 3.3 to 100 percent at hotel overnight. I also have extension cord with earthing, and I prefer to charge it using 15A. So the battery is well maintained. I also regularly take it to below 10 percent and charge all the way back to 100 percent using 3.3 KW charger.

If feasible and no one waiting, for DC also I charge 100 percent while I am, waiting at mall or restaurant.

This is a new issue post update I think. Range update I actually got long back. Max is super aggressive if the SoC is below 10 percent, the limp mode is on and you will easily get 4-5 kms in 1 percent drop if you use city mode and region 0 properly.

Sports mode with region 0 gives a good range. During my recent drive to Mysore, 2 hours 30 mins door to door, I was driving at 100-110 in Sports mode and I covered about 170 kms in 54 percent battery.

Last edited by sumannandy : 19th January 2024 at 01:27.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 17:59   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Discharging below 20%/month - Yes , but not that consistent on making it to 100% every time.

Quote:
You are right. This is HV system fault. I got this at 5 percent and the car was unmovable at 4 percent.
Is there any update from SC on this?

Last edited by graaja : 19th January 2024 at 18:14. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please use Edit or Multiquote option
Old 19th January 2024, 18:42   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have driven my car to 2 percent many times. There was no error. This time after service this issue happened. I have driven more than 48000 kms in about one year and one month.
I also got my car serviced a few months back there was no software update done. I have driven my car for 19600 kms in about 10 months and i have not faced any such issues. Nobody in our EV group has even mentioned about any such update.

Quote:
Discharging below 20%/month - Yes , but not that consistent on making it to 100% every time?
Making it to hundred percent every time is crucial for BMS to understand the full capacity. Opportunity charging should be avoided as much as possible.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2024, 11:22   #1002
BHPian

Making it to hundred percent every time is crucial for BMS to understand the full capacity. Opportunity charging should be avoided as much as possible.[/quote]

OK. Got it.
Is the damage reversible now? Would a re-calibration or BMS update fix this?
Old 20th January 2024, 14:41   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OK. Got it.
Is the damage reversible now? Would a re-calibration or BMS update fix this?
Yes it is reversible. It is try to charge to 100% on slow charge and discharge to 10% and charge to 100% percent again. Follow this 2-3 cycles and then try to go below 10%. If this doesn't work, then you will have to take the car to service center.

Please note: Charging to 100% means that the car should not be driven in between the charging cycle.
ferrarirules is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 11:44   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it is reversible. It is try to charge to 100% on slow charge and discharge to 10% and charge to 100% percent again. Follow this 2-3 cycles and then try to go below 10%. If this doesn't work, then you will have to take the car to service center.

Please note: Charging to 100% means that the car should not be driven in between the charging cycle.
Thanks. Will give it a try!
Old 23rd January 2024, 22:12   #1005
BHPian

Anyone facing suspension sounds?

My Nexon EV Max makes clicking sounds on acceleration and deceleration and over bad roads. I have been complaining to the service centre on every service. They do some adjustments and it reappear after a few hundred kms. Even my co-brother faces the same issues. The service advisor said the issue persists with all Max cars and it has no resolution.

Has anyone faced similar issue, please do reply. I am thinking of writing to the company about the issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks