Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2022, 13:36   #346
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan93 View Post
What has been your experience driving outside city during monsoon? Have you experienced any issue? Does it drain battery faster or normal during monsoon?
Regards
I haven't had an issue, I have drive my EV during heavy rains on NH75, it was standing water on the road, and many ICE vehicles were pulling to side. I kept going through. Driving in Rain will increase fuel usage, no matter whether it is ICE or electric. You need more force to go through water, and the effect will be seen in wh/km easily.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 14:57   #347

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
I haven't had an issue, I have drive my EV during heavy rains on NH75, it was standing water on the road, and many ICE vehicles were pulling to side. I kept going through.

Thanks a ton. I, too, will be driving mostly on NH75: Bengaluru to Sakleshpur and back.

Last edited by Turbanator : 17th July 2022 at 15:19. Reason: Fixed quote.
Old 17th July 2022, 14:58   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Since I see lot of members have bought the EV max so wanted to ask do you'll have a telegram/whatsapp group of owners ?
There is an owner's only Telegram group for the Nexon EV, not specific to EV Max here https://www.nexonevowners.club/

For now, I have only joined a public Telegram channel for Nexon EV.

Quote:
2. On PDI, he mentioned it is in Nelamangala yard and they would do the PDI. Is this the norm or we are allowed to do PDI before delivery or registration?
My dealer in Kochi didn't make any fuss about PDI, he did say that he has to get prior permission to allow me in the yard, but he did co-ordinate it and get it done. The dealer yard was around 20 km from my location, I went on my own, and there was another employee at the yard to show me to the vehicle.

Quote:
3. On Insurance, I got a quote of Rs. 56,280 from my insurance agent whilst the SA finally came down to about Rs. 58,500. Not too much difference. Your views?
You can save couple of thousand if you really want to, I did a bunch of quotes from different insurers.

Acko 49k (IDV ~ 18L) All available addons incl RTI
SBI General 53k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, Basic RSA, RTI, Consumables, Key Replacement
Royal Sundaram 52k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, Basic RSA, RTI, Consumables, Key Replacement, Theft of Belongings (15k)
ICICI Lombard 57k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, RSA, RTI, Key Replacement, Consumables
Iffco Tokio 57k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, RTI, Key Replacement

Now most of the addons work the same for most insurers, however RTI works differently. In case of Acko, SBI, Royal Sundaram, RTI would only reimburse the cost of the vehicle on your invoice plus registration cost, not the value of vehicle at the time of claim.
Whereas ICICI and Iffco Tokio, would reimburse the cost of the vehicle at the time of claim + road tax/registration + insurance. This is a true vehicle replacement unlike the others.

The above is just a summary, but do go through the policy wordings so that you know what you are getting.

Quote:
5. Is the SA supposed to give me the chasis number before I make payment?
I got the chassis number once the vehicle was billed to me from the factory (only once I asked the SA though), at this point I had paid only the downpayment amount (Ex-showroom + TCS - Loan amount). I told the SA that I would ask the loan to be disbursed only once the vehicle reaches the yard and I do the PDI. He was a bit hesitant but said okay.

Also, if the vehicle is already billed to you, I think you should be able to install the Z Connect and/or Tata Motors (TSMC) app and login with OTP and view the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Hopefully your registration issue gets resolved fast.

Regarding the floor mats, I am planning for full waterproof layer which costs around 3.5k. Please also check yourself as I feel whatever mat you put there will always be dirt and mud that gets inside and dirty the rug underneath.

Thanks! Did you get your vehicle delivered?

By the full waterproof layer, do you mean the floor lamination? Do you plan to use regular mats on top of it?

Last edited by varkey : 17th July 2022 at 15:19.
varkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 18:50   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
You can save couple of thousand if you really want to, I did a bunch of quotes from different insurers.

Acko 49k (IDV ~ 18L) All available addons incl RTI
SBI General 53k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, Basic RSA, RTI, Consumables, Key Replacement
Royal Sundaram 52k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, Basic RSA, RTI, Consumables, Key Replacement, Theft of Belongings (15k)
ICICI Lombard 57k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, RSA, RTI, Key Replacement, Consumables
Iffco Tokio 57k (IDV ~18L) Zero Dep, RTI, Key Replacement
How were you able to get quote from Iffco Tokio. Did you reach out to them directy or one of the insurance agents?
Old 17th July 2022, 21:58   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjm View Post
How were you able to get quote from Iffco Tokio. Did you reach out to them directy or one of the insurance agents?
Iffco Tokio quote is from the dealer, as they seem to issue policy for new vehicles only through agents or their branches. Online sales team do not issue new vehicle policies.
Old 17th July 2022, 22:09   #351
BHPian

Got the delivery of my Max today and have dropped straight for PPF. I drove on nice road for 40km from the showroom to my home and I was able to drive at around 130wh/km without ever having the practice of driving an EV.
7.2kw charger is working fine, although I have it tuned for 3.3kw. There were no niggles or issues during delivery. All in all a great experience from KROPEX Electronic City.
Looking forward to get her back from the detailing studio and let her free on open road.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20220717wa0083.jpg  

shamanths3 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:29   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Did you get your vehicle delivered?

By the full waterproof layer, do you mean the floor lamination? Do you plan to use regular mats on top of it?
Hey, yes got the vehicle delivered today. So have sent it for PPF from STEK and then once it is returned, I will see if they can install the floor lamination without causing issues to Ventilated seats and other electricals.

They have worked on a Sonet with more electronics and ventilated seats, so I don't think they will have any issue in handling the nexon. I will update how it goes.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 22:30   #353

Quote:
Iffco Tokio quote is from the dealer, as they seem to issue policy for new vehicles only through agents or their branches. Online sales team do not issue new vehicle policies.
In Hyderabad the dealers seem to be quoting upwards of 90K for insurance. So doubtful if I can get any significant reduction there. Although they do allow me to take insurance from elsewhere.
Old 18th July 2022, 09:04   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjm View Post
In Hyderabad the dealers seem to be quoting upwards of 90K for insurance. So doubtful if I can get any significant reduction there. Although they do allow me to take insurance from elsewhere.
I would suggest acko and adding road side assistance for 199 and return to invoice for 399. All in all it fell around 48k for the Max Lux 7.2 variant. And I have also heard good things about acko from my friend circle.

Roadside assistance I am suggesting as it's better to have 2 options, 1 from Tata and another from insurer as TAMO 24×7 assistance can be spotty in some areas.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2022, 19:31   #355
BHPian

Quote:
My vehicle delivery is getting delayed due to issues with temp registration (as I would be permanently registering in KA and taking delivery in KL). Hoping the registration process completes by early next week.
Took delivery of the Nexon EV Max XZ+ Lux 3.3 kW (Intensi-Teal) an hour back. The temporary registration was approved and issued yesterday by noon and the SA arranged for delivery today evening. Vehicle ODO stood at 66 km, at the time of PDI it was 40 km, considering the yard is ~24 km from the showroom, it lines up. Delivery process was simple, SA walked me through the paperwork, payments, shared all the docs needed for the permanent registration. Short and simple ceremony handing over the keys, SA took few photos.

- Simple and to the point delivery, no unnecessary delays.
- Car was charged to 100%
- Printed sticker of the temporary number was stuck on the back and front
- No un-necessary markup or handling charges

Took a short drive, got some sweets for the SA and gave it. Then drove back home. Charger is not yet installed, SA said in their dealership they initiate the request only post delivery for some reason.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20220719-6.04.10-pm.jpeg

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-whatsapp-image-20220719-6.04.11-pm.jpeg

Will start a more detailed thread with more details soon.
varkey is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 08:04   #356
BHPian

Went for a 40 km drive last night, after driving a diesel (2012 Etios Liva, not known for its NVH) for last several years, the silence felt awesome. It was so quiet that the sound of the wipers when it started raining was a bit irritating :P

- There appears to be some alignment issue, the vehicle pulls towards the right when the steering is centered. I had mentioned to the SA after the very first drive, but he brushed it aside, asked me to drive a bit more and let him know. Will take it to the SC.
- The auto wipers seem to have a mind of its own, even when its just drizzling, it goes into the super fast mode. I had to switch to manual multiple times as it was a bit irritating.
- While driving noticed a DC fast charger, so did a short 10 min charging session, charged 12%. Ran into some initial hiccups as it didn't initiate charging and the gun was stuck. Called the GOEC support number (that was displayed at the station) and the agent was very helpful and guided me on how to reset the charger and get it working. It was my first DC FC experience so I was a bit new to it as well.
- I was driving in city mode always, over taking was a breeze.
- I had got the door sun shade / curtains installed from the dealer, but the front ones reduce visibility a lot, so I had to keep it aside. Rear ones should be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-goecfc.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0513.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0510.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0511.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0515.jpg  

varkey is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 20th July 2022, 12:15   #357
BHPian

18% GST on power for EV
Old 22nd July 2022, 11:40   #358
BHPian

I have booked nexon ev max 7.2 top end which is now 21 lakhs plus on road in karnataka. After the initial excitement i have some doubts
Difference of 5.5 lakhs between the petrol nexon top end and ev max top end
The battery pack of nexon ev max costs 6 lakhs
If I save 6 lakhs on fuel and servicing over 8 years and then I have to pay 6 lakhs for a new battery pack what's the advantage of a ev over a comparable petrol powerd model
If you buy petrol nexon top end and put the difference amount of 5.5 lakhs in bank fd after 8 years it will be almost 9 lakhs
After 8 years If I want to sell the nexon ev and it's in need of a new battery pack costing 6 lakhs will there be any buyers or just scrap value for the car
Guys who have done some research and purchased ev max can you please clarify my doubts
dockap is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 17:39   #359

Quote:
Took delivery of the Nexon EV Max XZ+ Lux 3.3 kW (Intensi-Teal) an hour back. The temporary registration was approved and issued yesterday by noon and the SA arranged for delivery today evening. Vehicle ODO stood at 66 km, at the time of PDI it was 40 km, considering the yard is ~24 km from the showroom, it lines up. Delivery process was simple, SA walked me through the paperwork, payments, shared all the docs needed for the permanent registration. Short and simple ceremony handing over the keys, SA took few photos.

- Simple and to the point delivery, no unnecessary delays.
- Car was charged to 100%
- Printed sticker of the temporary number was stuck on the back and front
- No un-necessary markup or handling charges

Took a short drive, got some sweets for the SA and gave it. Then drove back home. Charger is not yet installed, SA said in their dealership they initiate the request only post delivery for some reason.

Attachment 2336118

Attachment 2336119

Will start a more detailed thread with more details soon.
Congratulations on getting the car. What accessories did you get and their prices, if you don't mind my asking?

Looking forward to the detailed thread.
rogues is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2022, 23:54   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I have booked nexon ev max 7.2 top end which is now 21 lakhs plus on road in karnataka. After the initial excitement i have some doubts
Difference of 5.5 lakhs between the petrol nexon top end and ev max top end
The battery pack of nexon ev max costs 6 lakhs
If I save 6 lakhs on fuel and servicing over 8 years and then I have to pay 6 lakhs for a new battery pack what's the advantage of a ev over a comparable petrol powerd model
If you buy petrol nexon top end and put the difference amount of 5.5 lakhs in bank fd after 8 years it will be almost 9 lakhs
After 8 years If I want to sell the nexon ev and it's in need of a new battery pack costing 6 lakhs will there be any buyers or just scrap value for the car
Guys who have done some research and purchased ev max can you please clarify my doubts
I think it's hard for anyone to suggest an EV at this juncture, it depends on your usage, belief in EV ecosystem.

As an early adopter you need to accept the not so well developed EV infrastructure, roadtrips are not going to be very easy, you need to plan in advance.

If your primary concern is cost, as per my calculation, it is beneficial to buy Nexon EV only if your usage is more than 2500km/month.

Do remember that the driving experience of EVs is much better than ICE cars, owners on this forum even prefer taking out Nexon EV more often than their premium german cars.

Regarding resale, no one can predict, one thing is for sure, there will be a ban of 10 year old ICE cars across India by 2030, resale value of ICE cars most likely collapse in 8 years. You should not factor in resale values.
SKC-auto is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks