Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2024, 10:53   #1201
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Any one faced brakes going limp in MG ZX EV. Over a span of 5000km, faced this issue twice. When we press brake, nothing happens. Release it and on next press, it works flawlessly. Pretty scarry experience actually when brake distance are limited. Is it a new feature added via firmware or it got to do with brake booster? Do we raise alarm and check with*service*centre?
kochicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2024, 11:04   #1202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
Any one faced brakes going limp in MG ZX EV. Over a span of 5000km, faced this issue twice. When we press brake, nothing happens. Release it and on next press, it works flawlessly. Pretty scarry experience actually when brake distance are limited. Is it a new feature added via firmware or it got to do with brake booster? Do we raise alarm and check with*service*centre?
A nexon ev max user. Regen does not kick in at 100 % SoC. Was this the situation because it an appear as brake has lost its bite ?
Old 3rd August 2024, 11:06   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Never in the 43,000 kms I've driven. Regen doesn't work at 100% battery but the brake always works as expected. Please check it at the service center.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2024, 12:39   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Must be something to do with the brake hydraulic circuit or may be needing a brake line bleed. Safety-critical systems like brakes are kept away from OTA SW updates.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2024, 22:26   #1205

I don't have access to 15A socket. I want to know if it is possible to do equalization charge with slow public chargers like Ather 3KW community charger (which is actually a 15A socket with metering)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serious_maniac View Post
I did an equalization charge by letting in the the wall charger be plugged in for 12 hours post 100%. The voltage now reads 400v and fluctuates between 394 to 400V.
~sm
Old 11th August 2024, 21:42   #1206
BHPian

I am struggling with de-fogging of the windscreen during this rainy season. Despite turning on the front and rear screen blowers, the front windscreen continues to fog from outside.

Even when it is not raining, I have to operate the wiper to maintain visibility continuously.

Can anyone please advise any hacks to solve for this? Appreciate your inputs.
Old 12th August 2024, 11:23   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajgir View Post
I don't have access to 15A socket. I want to know if it is possible to do equalization charge with slow public chargers like Ather 3KW community charger (which is actually a 15A socket with metering)?
Yes, as you say most two wheeler charging points are just metered and app controlled 15A socket, so it counts as equalization charge. You can even fast charge till 70 or 80% and charge to 100% with AC charging for equalization. Also 7.2KW AC charging is also considered slow charging in this context.
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 15:30   #1208
BHPian

Did anyone with the new MG ZS EV get a firmware update pop up? On my car, it always fails saying the car should be stationary. When the car is parked, it still shows the same error.
Another thing: did the breather pipe installation happen for everyone? Even on the older MG ZS EVs?
nimblemaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 16:01   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Did anyone with the new MG ZS EV get a firmware update pop up? On my car, it always fails saying the car should be stationary. When the car is parked, it still shows the same error.
Another thing: did the breather pipe installation happen for everyone? Even on the older MG ZS EVs?
Mine is a June, 2023 ZS Exclusive.

Yes, I had carried out an OTA update some time ago. Put the car in park with the ignition switched on, clicked to proceed with the update. It took about 7-8 minutes to complete. Make sure your location has good network too, I took my car out of our basement to carry out the update.

Breather pipe was installed during my 3rd free (1 year / 10,000 KM) service at no charge. Did not get a chance to see the part though.
fordfreak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2024, 16:58   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Breather pipe was installed during my 3rd free (1 year / 10,000 KM) service at no charge. Did not get a chance to see the part though.
I did see the part before installation, but the SA was a bit over-protective when I tried to take a photo.

It's just a simple plastic/metal shield which gets stuck using 3M tape in front of the breather gasket on the battery pack. I think it serves the purpose of preventing road grime and mud from caking the battery's breather gasket - may be MG had some battery failures due to breather getting blocked and is trying to mitigate such issues.
Digital Vampire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2024, 09:04   #1211
BHPian

I had a puncture recently and when I got it fixed, I also got the plastic cover on the 4 wheels removed. I've always hated them because they make reaching the air valve tricky and they look cheap. The cleaning of the wheels is also way easier now.

The only thing holding me back was that it was supposed to increase the range of the car.

I did my usual 240 km weekly trip from Chennai to Ranipet and I got the same mileage I always do. There was no drop in range. I am going to keep these covers off and test for a few months to see if there is any difference.
Old 14th August 2024, 09:12   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Mine is a June, 2023 ZS Exclusive.

Yes, I had carried out an OTA update some time ago. Put the car in park with the ignition switched on, clicked to proceed with the update. It took about 7-8 minutes to complete. Make sure your location has good network too, I took my car out of our basement to carry out the update.

Mine just keeps failing. The service center is clueless as usual and says there is no software update. I've attached some photos here. This is despite keeping it in ready mode, on stationary outside the parking area with full network connectivity.
The service center also doesnt have info about breather pipe installation. Although mine is the 2024 exvite pro variant, Ive heard everyone got a call for installation of breather pipe. Looks like I'll have to escalate with MG central team again :(
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240602_214442.jpg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240602_214303.jpg  

Last edited by nimblemaster : 14th August 2024 at 09:14. Reason: Error
Old 14th August 2024, 09:33   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
The service center also doesnt have info about breather pipe installation. Although mine is the 2024 excite pro variant, Ive heard everyone got a call for installation of breather pipe. Looks like I'll have to escalate with MG central team again :(
It could be so that the breather pipe came installed in the 2024 model. You can check the next time it is on ramp for service.

Most Viewed