Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 08:21   #1126
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

The dealer-installed package includes a JBL A352Hi, complete with a mounting damping bracket and a separate wiring harness designed for the factory cable pods. I have pictures available if needed, as I obtained them during yesterday's initial servicing. As far as I'm aware, the rear speakers are not sharing cable with front speakers and balacing possible.
kochicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 09:34   #1127

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
I bought a new excite pro ZS EV in April 2024. The jbl speakers did not come fitted from factory and the dealer later ordered them. Upon installation I saw that theyre the basic JBL A352HI coaxial speakers. The dealership also stated that they can't be upgraded since warranty will be voided. Can someone with the excite pro variant confirm this? The excite pro comes with JBL A352HI coaxial speakers and 2 basic tweeters?
I took delivery of my excite pro a few days ago and it did not have the speakers fitted at the time of delivery, when did you get it ? during car delivery or at a later point (life first service)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post
Hi Everyone

- There is a new software for the infotainment 2.0 with a new screen BUT there is no easy way to go to in built navigation

[/b]
I was not able to find my way to the in built navigation in my exite pro (I was only able to use the navigation via Android Auto)...can you share how you got to it?

Please share some pictures, I am still waiting for my speakers

Last edited by Sheel : 24th May 2024 at 09:58. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
simplehuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 10:12   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
I took delivery of my excite pro a few days ago and it did not have the speakers fitted at the time of delivery, when did you get it ? during car delivery or at a later point (life first service)?

I was not able to find my way to the in built navigation in my exite pro (I was only able to use the navigation via Android Auto)...can you share how you got to it?

Please share some pictures, I am still waiting for my speakers
- Even I am unable to yet find a way to navigation for the 2.0 software
- Wireless AA & AC works fabulously, completely smooth
Humane India is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2024, 23:42   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
The dealer-installed package includes a JBL A352Hi, complete with a mounting damping bracket and a separate wiring harness designed for the factory cable pods. I have pictures available if needed, as I obtained them during yesterday's initial servicing. As far as I'm aware, the rear speakers are not sharing cable with front speakers and balacing possible.
Could you please share the pictures. My dealer didn't put the mounting brackets and the speakers were directly mounted into the cavity.
Old 24th May 2024, 23:46   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplehuman View Post
My dealer ordered the speakers and fitted them almost after one week of the car delivery date.
nimblemaster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 16:14   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthys View Post
On checking with a few tyre dealers in Kochi, they said EV specific tyres are available with Apollo & Ceat.

Apollo EV tyres cost around 9700 per tyre.

None of the other frontline tyre companies have EV specific tyres, based on what they told me.

May go with Michelins. Not decided.
Contd..
Replaced all 4 tyres last week at Kottayam.
It is raining very heavily in Kerala and did not want any mishaps.
The dealer offered Michelins at 13,250 per tyre and Yokohoma Earth 1 tyres at 10,800 per tyre.Yokohomas have unconditional warranty for 5 years.Michelins have replacement only for manufacturing defects.
After some thought, decided to go with Michelins.I have never driven a car with Michelin Tyres and decided to give it a try.
The dealer did not give any freebies and the total damage was Rs.54,000(including balancing & alignment).
It's a good thing that I replaced the tyres because the treadwear was very bad. The car would definitely have aquaplaned somewhere if I had not changed the tyres.
I had done alignment only at the service centre so far.Will have to do it outside now as the uneven treadwear of the old tyres were definitely due to improper alignment.
The new tyres were manufactured in January 2024(0224).

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240523_153115.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240523_153100.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-20240525_072843.jpg

I have drove around 100kms since the change.
Initial impressions
- Totally silent cabin. No tyre noises at all.
- Ride seems much more comfortable and smooth.
sushanthys is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th May 2024, 20:11   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Is there an option to set the mode to Eco as default on the first gen ZS EV?
When the car is powered on, it is in Normal mode always.
Old 30th May 2024, 09:32   #1133
BHPian

Has anyone seen the new infotainment UX?

I saw it in a youtube video. 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_7978.jpeg

I own the mid 2022 batch. Will we get this update?
Old 31st May 2024, 09:13   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Has anyone seen the new infotainment UX?

I saw it in a Youtube video. Attachment 2610688

I own the mid 2022 batch. Will we get this update?
Unfortunately this is a hardware update bundled with the excite pro variant of the 2024 ZS EV. Astor 2024 gets it but it can't be updated through software only.
nimblemaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 12:03   #1135

I was given delivery of my zs ev excite pro around 7 days ago, have run 1200kms already.
The experience of noiseless driving has been awesome. We did a 240 km journey back home after taking delivery in the morning. Stopped to charge while having a coffee break at harsha grand using glida for 22 mins and resumed our journey
Have also done a run from home to dharmashala and onward to Mangalore with minimum battery used as most of the drive was downhill . Had lunch at fiza forum and charged with jio bp. The charging was completed before we had lunch. On the return journey via the same charmady ghat had the battery depleted by 50 percent because of the uphill ghat road
Writing this review while waiting for my first service in electronic City Bangalore. I am also getting my JBL speakers fitted here during my first service. Overall very happy with my first ev experience and would recommend everyone to switch to another ev. Happy motoring.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img20240522wa0013.jpg  

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img20240522wa0012.jpg  

Nancoff is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st May 2024, 12:18   #1136
BHPian

What is this JBL speaker saga we've been discussing in a few posts recently? Is this some sort of dealer-level offer?

I personally would not want any dealership-level tinkering to be done purely because of quality of workmanship reasons - I've seen on almost every car that that everytime the doors panels/cards are opened, one or the other plastic tab breaks and we may end up with undesirable squeaks and rattles!

Also the quality of JBL speakers offered (by dealer?) appears to be bargain-basement ones!

If one goes through the speaker replacement ordeal, my recommendation would be get good quality speakers and also damp the doors while we are at it - and more importantly, get it done by a professional Car Audio Installer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Unfortunately this is a hardware update bundled with the excite pro variant of the 2024 ZS EV. Astor 2024 gets it but it can't be updated through software only.
Yes, it also gets Wireless Android Auto and CarPlay, so there is definitely a HW update under the hoods.
I tried the new UI on Astor and found that the interface is very responsive/snappy - noticeably faster than the old UI, but somehow I felt the old UI is better looking (could be personal preference) and functional than the new UI.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 31st May 2024 at 12:27.
Digital Vampire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 17:21   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
What is this JBL speaker saga we've been discussing in a few posts recently? Is this some sort of dealer-level offer?

I personally would not want any dealership-level tinkering to be done purely because of quality of workmanship reasons - I've seen on almost every car that that everytime the doors panels/cards are opened, one or the other plastic tab breaks and we may end up with undesirable squeaks and rattles!

Also the quality of JBL speakers offered (by dealer?) appears to be bargain-basement ones!

If one goes through the speaker replacement ordeal, my recommendation would be get good quality speakers and also damp the doors while we are at it - and more importantly, get it done by a professional Car Audio Installer.

Yes, it also gets Wireless Android Auto and CarPlay, so there is definitely a HW update under the hoods.
I tried the new UI on Astor and found that the interface is very responsive/snappy - noticeably faster than the old UI, but somehow I felt the old UI is better looking (could be personal preference) and functional than the new UI.
Same was the story with my panels. Several tabs broke and the dealership installation guys were super unprofessional. The jbl speaker discussion stems from the misleading marketing done by MG. The brochure publicises jbl speakers as though they're an great upgrade from the stock ones. They are better than stock ones but not by a large margin. You're better off getting any component/coaxial combo.

Also, the entire dealership installation fiasco could've been better integrated by MG. Maybe they're teething issues that'll be sorted in later batches.

The car as a package is a great value for money electric offering nevertheless.
nimblemaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2024, 12:24   #1138
BHPian

I completed my 40,000 km service at MG Guindy. I made a booking for the Chennai MG OMR service center on their app, since it was closer to home, but since it is very new they changed my service to the Guindy service center.

I insisted that the service only cover the essentials as per the service manual which only asks for coolant top off and ac filter change. The SA however was very insistent and the estimate came to 10K which included 3M treatment etc which I think is just a gimmick to bill some more. I like having a good relationship with the service center people, so I didn't push them too hard on their billing.

While servicing they told me the left high beam was not functioning. I do all my highway travel in the AM and I never use my high beam so I wasn't even aware of this.

MG refused warranty. This was because in 2022 we met with an accident due to which we needed to replace the bulb at this same service center under insurance. They instead asked for Rs. 12000. I flat out refused and asked them to return the car.

When they returned the car through their driver, they had not reconnected the wires correctly and the left headlamp and indicator had all together stopped working. This also prompted an error on the driver's console. The driver was in too much of a hurry to even take a signature from us before dropping off the car. They didn't even collect the payment!

I complained vociferously on the phone, and they sent a technician home who correctly reconnected the headlamp and showed me that the high beam was not working. The technician then spoke to the warranty people and got the warranty replacement approved. The car was then taken to the OMR branch where they replaced the unit for free.

I was overall unsatisfied with the experience but I had to admit that they did fix the issue in the end under warranty.

Spare part prices are so scary these days, and you obviously cannot replace just a bulb but the entire panel for LEDs.

I love the car too much to make these sour experiences last too long in my head. I hope the service improves in the future.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 18th June 2024 at 12:25. Reason: typo
Chrome6Boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th June 2024, 18:22   #1139
BHPian

Hi,

I'm planning to purchase the MG ZS EV Excite Pro soon. Could you please advise me on what I should look out for during the pre-delivery inspection (PDI)?

Additionally, I'd like to know your perspective on insurance. Is it better to buy insurance directly from MG, or are there advantages to purchasing it from an external provider? Any recommendations on the best approach and reliable vendors would be appreciated.

Lastly, regarding the car kit, which items should I prioritize?

Looking forward to the recommendations.

Thank you!
Old 22nd June 2024, 22:23   #1140
BHPian

After a service center firmware update, the UI now displays "100-Year Limited Edition," but there's an issue with the bar graph on my Excite Pro. It shows erratic behavior, with the bars not exceeding 40% charge, though battery is at 100%.

The service center seems unable or unwilling to resolve this problem, which is frustrating. It's disappointing that they ask for feedback scores but don't address service issues effectively.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-new-ui-but-faulty-bar-graph.jpg  

kochicar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed