Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2024, 13:09   #1096
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Specifically my phone as well not sure how to sort it out. If I have to format my phone for MG iSmart then its really weird
Ismart is supposed to work on only one phone, I think.
Uninstall the app from other phones, reinstall it on your phone again & check.
sushanthys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2024, 13:24   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushanthys View Post
Ismart is supposed to work on only one phone, I think.
Uninstall the app from other phones, reinstall it on your phone again & check.
This is true.
When I installed iSmart on a new phone, it automatically logged-off from the old phone - didnt try to re-login again on the old phone to see if it can operate on multiple devices - it would have been nice though if it allowed vehicle tracking on atleast 2 devices.
Digital Vampire is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2024, 10:28   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
This is true.
When I installed iSmart on a new phone, it automatically logged-off from the old phone - didnt try to re-login again on the old phone to see if it can operate on multiple devices - it would have been nice though if it allowed vehicle tracking on atleast 2 devices.
It doesn't work on multiple devices. The minute you login to a new device the app on the previous phone automatically logs out.
Chrome6Boy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 11:19   #1099

Hi

Thanks a lot everyone for your valuable inputs

Got the delivery on 10th May 2024 i.e Akshay Tritiya

- Fantastic Car with a spacious cabin, almost like a Creta and SILENT CABIN too
- Suspension is very well tuned for the amount of torque the car generates instantaneously
- Driving dynamics are on par with German standards - Steering feedback, Braking, stability are top notch - Just love it
- Gave 340 kms range on first Highway Run with 40 degree temperature outside and highway speed within 100 kmph - Eco Mode & Regen 3
- Thrilling to drive on highways, NEED to have control on your adrenaline & urges !!
- Excite Pro is THE MOST VFM variant of MG ZS EV out there without a doubt
- Recommended to anyone with a budget below 22L for an SUV-EV and not just for savings, but for the thrill and pleasure of driving.

" Switch to an EV asap everyone "
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-photo20240512174105.jpg  

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th May 2024 at 11:22. Reason: Removed unnecessary capitalized letters and words for better readability. Thanks!
Humane India is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 13:02   #1100

Hi everyone,

I have recently bought MGZS EV Exclusive variant. I have got the home charger (7KW) with it. I don’t have the load to use this and also I can easily manage with the portable charger. What can I do with the home charger? It is brand new and in sealed condition.

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2024 at 15:53. Reason: Re-wording. Solicitation is strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.
Old 14th May 2024, 15:19   #1101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikrishnabnb View Post
I have recently bought MGZS EV Exclusive variant. I have got the home charger (7KW) with it. I don’t have the load to use this and also I can easily manage with the portable charger. What do I do with the home charger?
Don't sell it. Get it installed, get it derated (possible via charger app) to 3.3 KW capacity. This way you will still have a faster charger than the portable charger which charges at 2.2-2.4 KW for MG ZS EV.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2024 at 15:53. Reason: Quoted post edited
ferrarirules is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 14:24   #1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
Don't sell it. Get it installed, get it derated (possible via charger app) to 3.3 KW capacity. This way you will still have a faster charger than the portable charger which charges at 2.2-2.4 KW for MG ZS EV.
This would be same as the Portable charger right? Portable itself is charging my car within 24 hrs. And I have not felt the need for a second charger.

Please let me know nay specific benefits that you find when compared to portable charger.
Old 15th May 2024, 15:05   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
This would be same as the Portable charger right? Portable itself is charging my car within 24 hrs. And I have not felt the need for a second charger.

Please let me know nay specific benefits that you find when compared to portable charger.
As I mentioned above you will get a increase of charging speed as compared to portable charger as the 7.2 KW charger can run at 3.3 KW load where as portable charger can run max at 2.4 KW load.
In summary, you will get faster charging times with a de-rated 7.2 KW charger. Also if you end up increasing your connection load, you can run it at full capacity.

Last edited by ferrarirules : 15th May 2024 at 15:13.
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 22:01   #1104

Quote:
I have recently bought MGZS EV Exclusive variant. I have got the home charger (7KW) with it. I don’t have the load to use this and also I can easily manage with the portable charger. What can I do with the home charger?
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club.

I don't really have a lead per se, but a wild idea - why not talk to a hotel nearby and see if they want to buy it from you? And if you can find a hotel that already has a charger of some sort, it will help because you don't have to convince them about the needs/benefits of having an EV charger.

All the best.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th May 2024 at 15:54. Reason: Quoted post edited
abhikb2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 13:19   #1105

Quote:
Quote:
I completely agree. You can have the control on the speed of charging that will give you flexibility when you need faster charging.
For example, in my case, I typically charge during the day and set the capacity close to that of my solar generation. This gives me the satisfaction of charging completely off grid.
Old 16th May 2024, 19:22   #1106
BHPian

Has any fellow team BHPian owning an MG ZS managed to achieve 11km/KWh or 90wh/km on long drives*. Or anyone in the local MG ZS owner's groups, if you folks are aware of!

I am testing the MG ZS as a possible replacement for my Kona, as it is nearing the end of its warranty and no solution available with Hyundai.

I did try the Exclusive variant but could not manage to achieve it.
Anyone with the Excite variant(non sunroof) manage to achieve it?

* End of Round trip efficiency figures or on flat roads. Definitely not Hypermilling without AC but more of a relaxed highway driving.
Old 17th May 2024, 10:43   #1107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV Fan View Post
Has any fellow team BHPian owning an MG ZS managed to achieve 11km/KWh or 90wh/km on long drives*. Or anyone in the local MG ZS owner's groups, if you folks are aware of!

I am testing the MG ZS as a possible replacement for my Kona, as it is nearing the end of its warranty and no solution available with Hyundai.

I did try the Exclusive variant but could not manage to achieve it.
Anyone with the Excite variant(non sunroof) manage to achieve it?

* End of Round trip efficiency figures or on flat roads. Definitely not Hypermilling without AC but more of a relaxed highway driving.
My colleague owns a MG ZS, he gets max 8 km per KWH in his car on highway drives. Mostly he gets 7km per KWH. I don't think 11 km/KWH is possible without hypermilling in this car.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 09:17   #1108
Senior - BHPian

I could extract 9.8 km/kWh on Delhi Mumbai Expressway (80 km section from Gurgaon to Alwar Exit) with cruise control set at 90 km/h. This went down to 8.2 km/kWh on the same section return trip with cruise set at 110 km/h.
Car - MG ZS eV Exclusive Pro with ADAS
i74js is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 12:45   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV Fan View Post

[/i]
We have a ZS EV excite variant (no sunroof). Regular driving on our usual Kerala roads with driver, one adult co passenger and two kids, the best I have managed is around 8.5km/kwh. This is during day with climate control on full auto with temperature set at 25 degrees. Realistic mileage you should expect is around 8 km/kwh.
PS: I am someone who manages to get 12.5kmpl out of a petrol Compass on the same set of roads. Hope that gives you an idea of my driving style

Last edited by Night Raven : 18th May 2024 at 12:47.
Night Raven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2024, 13:28   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
My colleague owns a MG ZS, he gets max 8 km per KWH in his car on highway drives. Mostly he gets 7km per KWH. I don't think 11 km/KWH is possible without hypermilling in this car.
Yes, i think asking 11 is too much. I drive more sedately so could manage around 10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
I could extract 9.8 km/kWh on Delhi Mumbai Expressway (80 km section from Gurgaon to Alwar Exit) with cruise control set at 90 km/h. This went down to 8.2 km/kWh on the same section return trip with cruise set at 110 km/h.
Car - MG ZS eV Exclusive Pro with ADAS
I usually don't cross 90 unless the highway has barriers, so had a similar experience. How did you feel the heat & AC effectiveness with the panoramic sunroof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
We have a ZS EV excite variant (no sunroof). Regular driving on our usual Kerala roads with driver, one adult co passenger and two kids, the best I have managed is around 8.5km/kwh. This is during day with climate control on full auto with temperature set at 25 degrees. Realistic mileage you should expect is around 8 km/kwh.
PS: I am someone who manages to get 12.5kmpl out of a petrol Compass on the same set of roads. Hope that gives you an idea of my driving style
I can get that. On our kerala roads it is difficult to focus on efficiency, i am more worried about escaping unscathed..
Our single carriageway NH's are a far cry from the open highways, north of Kochi.

Thanks folks, for your inputs.
I did a 2 person run on the Exclusive and had almost managed 10 on highway. But then gave up on the efficiency experiment as i did not see any further progress and had started to feel as if the ZS with 50KWh battery was giving a range same as Kona's 40KWh.
Guess have to try again, though this time whole heartedly.

One assumption for the low figure was the heat due to pano-sunroof, the cabin did not feel cool, with setting at 25deg Celsius. Had to drop it to 22 for a consistent cooling. Hence, the query on the Excite.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks