Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2024, 12:21   #1081
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Thanks for clarifying, so I guess its the brand issue. The front ones need immediate replacement, rear ones still have tread left. Going for regular tires or EV specific ones?
On checking with a few tyre dealers in Kochi, they said EV specific tyres are available with Apollo & Ceat.

Apollo EV tyres cost around 9700 per tyre.

None of the other frontline tyre companies have EV specific tyres, based on what they told me.

May go with Michelins. Not decided.
sushanthys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:11   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Just curious, are the road conditions bad in your area considering you have to replace your tires at 32k? Also input from other owners is welcome as to what mileage did they change their tires. Just for context, my Carens is 83k kms old and probably the tires would last till 100k kms. Never driven on a rough terrain..
I think EV tyres wear out faster. My ZS EV also needed tyre replacement at around 37k kms. It was always driven on well paved roads.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 21:55   #1083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I think EV tyres wear out faster. My ZS EV also needed tyre replacement at around 37k kms. It was always driven on well paved roads.
I don't think we can generalize this to all EVs. My Nexon EV Max that has done 25k kms on well paved roads are still not down to even 50% tread. This could be MG ZS specific or tyre brand used by MG
Old 2nd May 2024, 17:19   #1084
Senior - BHPian

Dear ZS EV owners, how do you(or your family) rate the back seat comfort in your car ? I took a detailed test drive including sitting on the back seat and I could feel every minor undulations on the road.

Basically it is this vertical movement that makes one nauseate so I am worried about the back seat comfort over long drives in this car. Also I had to travel over sharp road humps carefully as the entire jerk was being carried over to the rear passengers.

Front seats are amazing and provide a very cushy ride though, so I felt the suspension behaved differently for front seats and back which is kind of deal breaker for me

Apart from that the SA is claiming 2 months wait time for excite pro and also they are charging 50k for the 7kW AC charger now.

Also I am told the 8 year warranty is only for the battery, motor only comes with 3 year warranty(can be extended to +2 years).
Old 3rd May 2024, 09:50   #1085
BHPian

Hi Community Members

- Booked an MG ZS EV Excite Pro Variant and getting it delivered on 10th May 2024 i.e. Akshay Tritiya !!
- Got it for 20.70L on road Maharashtra

- *Kindly reply with whether its a good decision - considering a budget of 22L and looking at upcoming launches within that budget* - IMPORTANT

- Need advice from thread members regarding :-
1. Whether should go for step board installation of authroized MG one ?
2. Suggestion for a good EV Travel Charging Kit !!
3. Is Extended Warranty apart from battery and motor offered as default, important ?
4. Any special advice during PDI process, apart from the regular TBHP checklist ?
5. Any other suggestions are most welcome

Looking forward to your valuable inputs
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:25   #1086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post
Hi Community Members

- Booked an MG ZS EV Excite Pro Variant and getting it delivered on 10th May 2024 i.e. Akshay Tritiya !!

- *Kindly reply with whether its a good decision - considering a budget of 22L and looking at upcoming launches within that budget* - IMPORTANT

- Need advice from thread members regarding :-
3. Is Extended Warranty apart from battery and motor offered as default, important ?
4. Any special advice during PDI process, apart from the regular TBHP checklist ?

Looking forward to your valuable inputs
If you need the car right now then ZS EV is a well-sorted car with amazing build quality. If you can wait, in 4-5 months BYD will launch a 50 kWh Atto 3 which could cost a bit less compared to the current 60 kWh variant.

Nevertheless, MG has more dealerships which is an advantage and far better than TATA in terms of reliability (especially in EVs). Do get the extended warranty if possible.
Old 3rd May 2024, 17:06   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Dear ZS EV owners, how do you(or your family) rate the back seat comfort in your car ?
Hi, got my ZS mid-March. I haven't sat in the back yet, but overall, it is a little bouncy... no denying that. But, paradoxically, my wife who is prone to nausea in the ghats, seemed to have a slightly more comfortable ride compared to my Celerio.

It may be because I now take the Shiradi ghat instead of Charmadi, or because of the ZS, or both.

Quote:
Apart from that the SA is claiming 2 months wait time for excite pro and also they are charging 50k for the 7kW AC charger now.
Not entirely surprising. I know someone else who had similar booking times. I got mine after almost a month, despite having booked on Feb 10. The Executive variant was announced on Jan 31 or Feb 1st. 2 months maybe with some cushion from the dealer; I'd say 6 weeks is par for the course.

Yes, the charger is no more free. It changed along when the Executive variant's launch. Personally, I don't see a need for it. Additionally, installing it is a hassle if the house does not already have a sanctioned load of >5 kW. Therefore, in my mind, it may not really matter, but YMMV.

Also, these two pinned posts in the EV forum should provide a lot more clarity:
  1. Why a cheap & simple 15A plug is just fine for home-charging your Electric Car
  2. Guide & Pictures | Setting up an AC Fast Charger at home for your electric car

Quote:
Also I am told the 8 year warranty is only for the battery, motor only comes with 3 year warranty(can be extended to +2 years).
As far as I know, this is how it has been for some time now.

Hope this helps.
abhikb2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 17:23   #1088

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humane India View Post
Congratulations! I think that is a good deal. However, if you can wait, this financial year is very hot for EVs, as newenergy said. But you won't really go wrong if you settle on the ZS right away.

Quote:
  1. I did not, haven't yet felt the need for it. But if I did go for it, I would prefer the authorized ones.
  2. I haven't taken any yet, not sure it is needed. More than the charging kit, availability of charging locations is what I focus on.
  3. I feel it is, and given the relative new-ness of EV vehicles in general, best to get it. Mine is company leased car, so there are complications because of which I cannot take it at the moment, but I plan to, at a later date.
  4. I did not do anything extra, but if you are interested, I suggest you check Zekardo. They did not have too many tests for EVs, but it may still be worth considering.
  5. Whenever you take it, whichever you take it, go full blast and enjoy the performance the initial days. You can then slowly focus on becoming a very sedate driver by focusing on the efficiency figures.

Hope that helps.
abhikb2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 17:29   #1089
BHPian

After a two-month wait, the ZX EV arrived at the yard. We conducted a PDI according to Team-BHP standards and made the full payment. We had previously informed the dealer that we would obtain insurance externally. However, today the dealer expects us to sign an undertaking to release the invoice.

Is this practice legal and does it comply with IRDA regulations?
Does it violate any rulings from the Competition Commission of India?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-undertaking-outhouse-insurance-.jpg  

Old 4th May 2024, 18:59   #1090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochicar View Post
After a two-month wait, the ZX EV arrived at the yard. We conducted a PDI according to Team-BHP standards and made the full payment. We had previously informed the dealer that we would obtain insurance externally. However, today the dealer expects us to sign an undertaking to release the invoice.

I guess dealers have tie up with certain insurance providers but not all. The key word in that letter is “non tie-up insurance company”, and they are merely stating that it would be hassle for you to mediate between dealer and insurance provider in case of claim. You should still purchase insurance from outside to save on the premium but just get your insurance from a “tie-up” provider who already has cashless facility with the dealer. Then that letter is worth scrap paper.

Last edited by Comrade : 4th May 2024 at 19:00.
Comrade is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2024, 20:02   #1091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
We had previously informed the dealer that we would obtain insurance externally. However, today the dealer expects us to sign an undertaking to release the invoice.

There is nothing wrong with this. The dealer has no obligation to coordinate and provide cashless claims with each and every insurance company. So it is absolutely fair for them to ask for a full payment and then have you deal with your insurance company if they don’t have a pre-existing relationship. I don’t see a big deal with this - for all our company owned cars, we have a tie up with one insurer, and we follow up with them for claims and payments. With some brands, the dealer has a tie up with this firm - with others, they don’t, which means we coordinate for the survey, then once the repairs are approved, we make the payment and then follow up for the claim.

For health insurance as well, we follow a similar process. In fact when my late father was ill, I used to always prefer to pay for services by card and then follow up for insurance claims since I didn’t want my father to have to spend more time in hospital than necessary.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2024, 00:40   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
obtain insurance externally.
Put some pressure on the dealer to price-match or near-match the external quote - In my case, thankfully they did price-match with ACKO quote.
I guess the key is to directly talk to the "Insurance company agent" in the showroom than the vehicle sales agent.

Last edited by Digital Vampire : 5th May 2024 at 00:42.
Digital Vampire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 08:07   #1093
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have run into a very weird issue with my iSmart app. A fee months ago, the smart drive section on my app started showing no data. I followed up with the service center and they showed me that when they logged into my account on their phone, it worked. Now I tried the same on my wife’s phone and it worked as well, but the moment I log back into my phone it doesn’t work. Anyone faced this issue? Is there any resolution? I am using an iPhone
Old 10th May 2024, 10:21   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have run into a very weird issue with my iSmart app. A fee months ago, the smart drive section on my app started showing no data. I followed up with the service center and they showed me that when they logged into my account on their phone, it worked. Now I tried the same on my wife’s phone and it worked as well, but the moment I log back into my phone it doesn’t work. Anyone faced this issue? Is there any resolution? I am using an iPhone
Works well on my Android phone, looks like an issue with the iOS app?
Old 10th May 2024, 11:13   #1095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
Works well on my Android phone, looks like an issue with the iOS app?
Specifically my phone as well not sure how to sort it out. If I have to format my phone for MG iSmart then its really weird

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks