Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2024, 08:20   #961

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Raven View Post
Hello to everyone, I have a few queries.

1. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to turn off the ICE screen at night? In my Compass there is a "display off" button which turns it off with the music and voice commands etc continuing in the background. I cannot find anything similar in the ZS, not even in the settings. Am I missing something?
Hold the 'home' button for 5 secs to turn off display. You can still control AC with the hardware buttons. Pressing 'home' brings the screen back.

Quote:
2. The floor mats(non 3D) I purchased from MG as part of essential kit is not fitting in to the hooks on the floor. The slots on the mats seem small for the hooks. Has anyone faced this?
Even 3D mats were off-hook for me. I asked the fitting person and he didn some tweaks (don't recall what). So best would be to take to showroom and ask for replacement for fitment. BTW we found mats to be slippery while driving. Do suggest if you have found an alternative.

Quote:
3. The Excite variant that we have comes with regular wiper blades whereas the Exclusive variant comes with frameless wipers. Will it be possible to switch to frameless later?
I was looking for auto-dimming IRVM (the ones which are fitted in 2024 Astor) and the person said they can't give it as its a full bundle of ADAS (total BS). I wouldn't expect similar response for wiper. So check with workshop guy and you might be able to strike a deal.

Thanks in advance
ajeet0112 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 16:22   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajeet0112 View Post
I was looking for auto-dimming IRVM (the ones which are fitted in 2024 Astor) and the person said they can't give it as its a full bundle of ADAS (total BS).
You can get it easily from Alibaba or Ali express. Better to ship it to some address in middle east and get it delivered to you. I have installed one by myself. Almost plug and play. Just need to solder a mini fuse tap and grounding terminal to the wiring and you are good to go.
das_ren_auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 16:46   #963
BHPian

MG has launched a cheaper variant of the ZS EV at Rs 18.98 lakhs. This is going to bring much-needed competition to the EV market. Now, both Nexon EV and XUV400 will be forced to lower their prices, especially the Nexon EV.
Comet EV also now starts at Rs 6.99 lakhs. This should have been the launch price for Comet.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-77808d0633974aa4a6b973412c2d767b_20230712052355_zsev_1_.jpg

https://www.autocarpro.in/news/mg-mo...gloster-118986

Last edited by sri_tesla : 2nd February 2024 at 16:57.
sri_tesla is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 17:57   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
MG has launched a cheaper variant of the ZS EV at Rs 18.98 lakhs. This is going to bring much-needed competition to the EV market. Now, both Nexon EV and XUV400 will be forced to lower their prices, especially the Nexon EV.
Woah!! This is true price war now. It is not only the new variant, the price of the existing variant "Excite" also reduced to Rs.19,98,000 ex showroom. This is the second cut in 6 months. The price is reduced by 2.88 lakhs. Net reduction in 6 months - Rs 3.33 lakh

I am surprised with the amount of padding MG was carrying in its electric cars.

Tata really needs to react now. Top variant of Nexon is also priced at 19.94 lakhs and it comes with only a 40 KW battery. Yes it has more features, but comparison will be between faster charging + range vs features.

The new price list is

Name:  Screenshot 20240202 174607.png
Views: 612
Size:  189.4 KB

New brochure attached
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mg-dc-pdf-0186.pdf (7.47 MB, 195 views)

Last edited by ferrarirules : 2nd February 2024 at 18:11.
ferrarirules is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:32   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
New brochure attached
Thanks for sharing the updated brochure. Just went through the feature list difference between the new executive variant and the excite variants. None of these are really necessary features and they are not worth paying Rs 1 lakh extra. MG just killed Nexon EV and XUV400 longer-range variants with these new prices.

Features in excite over executive variant (for Rs 1 lakhs extra):
Wheel cover over alloys,
Silver finish roof rails,
Vanity mirrors,
Parcel shelf,
Luggage net,
Black tape on pillar,
Leather-wrapped steering wheel
sri_tesla is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 18:48   #966
Distinguished - BHPian

All this goes to show just how obnoxiously these EVs are being priced. All talk of 5L rupee delta between petrol and electric is marketing BS. Companies can reduce price significantly if they want to, they have all been pocketing all the benefit of the 5% GST.

ZS EV is a ageing product and has neither the settled ride of Nexon, nor the equipment levels. Not even a significant cabin space advantage. This price cut was much needed. God bless competition.

And pity the people who bought it for 28L just six months back. These guys deserve some form of compensation.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 2nd February 2024 at 18:50.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 22:35   #967
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

Massive price drop. I feel bad for people who bought it recently. They have every reason to feel hurt. First Jimny and then this. This also means MG was selling at a huge profit. There will be a tripartite war now between Nexon, XUV400 and this. My pick would still be Nexon. The facelift has taken the game way forward.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 23:31   #968
BANNED

This will also force Tata and BYD to price correct. BYD can easily get the price the Atto 3 below 30 lakh.
Tata, MG source motor, motor controller, 3 in one VCU unit and battery cells from different chinese companies. BYD is fully vertically integrated.
aim120 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 07:42   #969
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

I just ran the numbers on the ZS EV Executive edition for my corporate lease.

For my kind of usage of just 600km/month, it is coming in cheaper than the base MT variants of competing ICE cars (Kushaq, Taigun, Creta, Seltos, Astor). As far as features are concerned, it's at par with the entry level AT versions of these cars while being more powerful AND more economical to run. It's really a no brainer for that segment.

The only 2 issues with taking the plunge:
1. Price cut is not valid for the higher variants with the sunroof.
2. My existing car is fully paid off AND runs fine AND still under factory warranty AND that I really don't use it that much (600 km / month after including 2 inter-state trips).

That brings it to the next topic.
What issues I am likely to face if my EV stays parked mostly at home (due to WFH) and runs only on longer trips once a fortnight. Daily usage is like 5km, most miles are done on longer trips outside town.
antz.bin is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 11:27   #970
BHPian

With the new prices, I guess the Excite and Exclusive variants are redundant. One would either go for Executive to save money (makes more sense than a top spec Nexon EV considering bigger size of the car, bigger battery, faster charging, more powerful motor, better rear seat floor height and 1 lac cheaper being the cherry on the cake!) or go for the Exclusive Pro to have a taste of ADAS and the fully loaded features.

I did a test drive last week and the adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist is a feature to die for in driving on choked roads with bumper to bumper traffic. The car comes to a complete halt when the front car stops and starts moving when the front car starts moving. With that said, the price difference between entry level and top spec variant is huge. A slight decrease in the Pro variant pricing and I think MG will have a big winner in their hands. Next year around the same time, things will spice up even more with the launch of Maruti eVX (hopefully it launches with ADAS).

Last edited by idoctor : 3rd February 2024 at 11:35.
idoctor is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2024, 13:52   #971

Feeling Cheated! I took my ZS EV Excite delivery only on 31st January and to wake up to this news of a 3Lakh INR price cut. The dealership frankly pressured me to book the car in 3 days saying they had information from the factory that there was an impending price hike. Can anything be done on this? I understand it is a case of sour grapes but can any compensation be claimed from MG for the same?
pmrp4mail is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 00:21   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim120 View Post
This will also force Tata and BYD to price correct. BYD can easily get the price the Atto 3 below 30 lakh.
Tata, MG source motor, motor controller, 3 in one VCU unit and battery cells from different chinese companies. BYD is fully vertically integrated.
Only issue with BYD is, they are bringing Atto 3 in SKD route and god knows when they will bring it via CKD since the investment proposal was denied then dropped. Else it is a wonderful car.

Also yes ZS EV needs a refresh/facelift soon to compete on equipment list. They do sell a higher capacity battery pack in Nepal but not here.

Last edited by newenergy : 4th February 2024 at 00:21. Reason: Fix typo
Old 4th February 2024, 07:46   #973
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I am in an MG ZS EV Blu Smart Cab as I write. En route the Airport. Its efficient. Well finished. No glaring gaps. The screen is pretty well integrated into the dash.

It is reasonably comfortable but sitting in the back I am being bumped about and swaying from side to side on our super-licious Bangalore roads and their uneven surfaces. There is a marked lack of under thigh support in the back seat and the sitting position is a bit upright. As a tall person there is plenty of head room. For people of my build this is at best good for 4 persons. However, when being driven on a smooth highway it is well sprung and quite comfortable in the back (barring the lack of under thigh support).

From what I can tell the responsiveness of the vehicle is good. Sound damping is good, though there are grey and black hard plastics in great abundance.

The rear windows open with one touch but to take them up again one has to hold the window switch. I rarely ever get to sit in the back so I thought this was nice. The AC vent at the back does its job but then Bangalore is very pleasant hence one does not really feel the desperate need for AC. The rear hatch-accessed boot is definitely pretty big. It can take two check-in sized suitcases and some other accoutrements besides.

The driver says he gets a standard range of 360-380kms. His primary usage is for the city-airport runs.

All in all I think this is a functional, fuss-free, no-nonsense, normal and sensible vehicle for a small family, even though it comes in at nearly 27 lacs. It is a very sensible ‘middle-of-the-road’ choice of vehicle, lower on frills and high on function.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th February 2024 at 07:52.
shankar.balan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 09:31   #974
BHPian

This sort of price drop is needed in view the drop in battery prices, global battery prices have dropped in recent times and we see no price correction from manufacturers. I hope it gives a kick to TaMo in the nuts as they have been sleeping and if I am not mistaken increased their prices across product by 0.7%.
DarthVeda is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 10:13   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrp4mail View Post
Feeling Cheated! I took my ZS EV Excite delivery only on 31st January and to wake up to this news of a 3Lakh INR price cut. The dealership frankly pressured me to book the car in 3 days saying they had information from the factory that there was an impending price hike. Can anything be done on this? I understand it is a case of sour grapes but can any compensation be claimed from MG for the same?
Even if they want to compensate you (which is highly unlikely), probably it would be an accounting headache for them to pay you back the excess amount. At best they can give some more freebies.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks