Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2023, 17:32   #916
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartomotive View Post
What's the formula behind max 6.4 kW load?
The 7.2 KW load is max rated load of the charger. The 16A plug charger is max rated for 3.3 KW. But both the chargers don't run at max capacity, the 7.2 KW charger runs at max 6.4 KW load and 3.3 KW chargers for Tata runs at 2.6 KW and for MG runs at 2.2 KW. This is usually done to protect the equipment and the circuit.

Quote:
Also, I didn't know we could control the output from the app for the Exicom charger. You sure about that? That would then resolve the concern of limiting and slowing the charge as and when required.
Yes the app is called "SPIN EV charging app"
ferrarirules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 19:51   #917
BHPian

So I finally joined the EV Club yesterday, Bought home MG ZS EV Exclusive Pro - Ivory - Starry Black 2023.

Got done with the chargers installation today. Yet to take it out for some good spin. It'll take time to get used to EVs with their silent nature.

Chargers Setup:

- Exicom x MG - 7.5 kW Charger: Regular use.
- Legrand x Tata Motors - 3.3 kW Charger: Backup / Slow Charging / For Future EV Scooter & General Usages (It's a 16A Socket).

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-evchargersetup.jpeg

Expenses for someone who might be looking to setup in future:

7.5kW Charger:
- 5kW Load Enhancement with BESCOM: ₹40k (Deposit + You know for what).
- 7.5kW Charger + Labor: ₹0 (Company Covered).

3.3kW Charger:
- Charger: ₹6,336 with GST (Purchased from Tata Service Center).
- Labor: ₹2,200 (Wiring + Installation + L&T 40A 2-Pole MCB shared with both chargers).
- Material (We provided): ₹1,576 (Finolex 4sq mm 3 core cable, flexible, clamps, etc. -- This is a variable cost depending on the length).
- Misc: ₹500 (Tips/Parcel Delivery, etc).

Total: ₹50,612

Tip: It's best to book the guy who comes for survey to handle all the setup otherwise the company who's handling the installation will ask you to get MCB/Any required wiring done first and only then they send their person for charger installation. So if you book the same guy to take care of everything (You can provide material if you wanna save a bit), then he'll do a proper setup from scratch and there won't be any disparity between two different electricians, otherwise there's a chance both will blame each other if something isn't right and you'll have to co-ordinate and get things moving. One less of a headache.

Last edited by Smartomotive : 15th December 2023 at 20:01. Reason: Added info about car
Smartomotive is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 10:25   #918
BHPian

Quote:
So I finally joined the EV Club yesterday, Bought home MG ZS EV Exclusive Pro - Ivory - Starry Black 2023.
Smart choice selecting Exclusive Pro over Exclusive, I'm sure you will not regret the decision.
idoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2023, 12:13   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoctor View Post
Smart choice selecting Exclusive Pro over Exclusive, I'm sure you will not regret the decision.
Thanks for the nudge to go for Pro

I had booked Exclusive. Then upgraded after a bit of hard negotiation. Folks in Delhi and other regions can get easy 1L discount on it (In my case I couldn't get as much due to limited stock here/dealer monopoly).

---

Now folks that own this, I've ran into a few things, if anyone has as solution could enlighten me:

1. Ever since the vehicle is out from the showroom, I keep getting the ABNORMAL status for the front right tyre on the iSmart App and in the car too. The air pressure is being set to 38 on the basis of SA's recommendation and it still won't go away. Is this a common issue or it takes time to calibrate?

2. Park+ is not linked error? Checking MG App doesn't show anything, I already have account with Park+ and in MG App, it shows my transaction history.

3. I'm missing the multi-geo-fencing feature of XUV700 and with a radius as low as 200m. Is there no way to set multiple geo fencing? Also, The lowest is 5km which is quite high to my liking. I usually set it as to keep a tap on when the vehicle is near a specific location (like reaching home/office/exit from certain regular places, etc).
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 13:48   #920
BHPian

Quote:
1. Ever since the vehicle is out from the showroom, I keep getting the ABNORMAL status for the front right tyre on the iSmart App and in the car too. The air pressure is being set to 38 on the basis of SA's recommendation and it still won't go away. Is this a common issue or it takes time to calibrate?
At the recommended pressure (41 Psi), the ride quality goes for a toss. Reducing to about 38 Psi helps improve the ride comfort. However, the 'abnormal' warning always pops up if the pressure falls by a tiny margin of 0.1 Psi, below 38 Psi. But when the tyre warms up and the pressure readings show higher values, the abnormal warning does not go away sometimes (very strange).

Try setting the pressure at about 39 - 40 Psi to keep a bit of margin for pressure reading reductions in cold temperatures. This should help keep the system above the level at which it will start screaming at you every time there is a tiny drop in tyre pressure, below it's allowed limit. Restarting the car and driving around for a bit should make the warnings go away. If the warning still do not go away, speak to the service center and ask them to check for a fault.
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2023, 16:06   #921
BHPian

Quote:

It seems abnormal. I do get warning messages only when the tyre pressure is below 37.
pram_ind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 02:23   #922
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
At the recommended pressure (41 Psi), the ride quality goes for a toss. Reducing to about 38 Psi helps improve the ride comfort. However, the 'abnormal' warning always pops up if the pressure falls by a tiny margin of 0.1 Psi, below 38 Psi. But when the tyre warms up and the pressure readings show higher values, the abnormal warning does not go away sometimes (very strange).

Try setting the pressure at about 39 - 40 Psi to keep a bit of margin for pressure reading reductions in cold temperatures. This should help keep the system above the level at which it will start screaming at you every time there is a tiny drop in tyre pressure, below it's allowed limit. Restarting the car and driving around for a bit should make the warnings go away. If the warning still do not go away, speak to the service center and ask them to check for a fault.
You got this right. I tried today and the popup is gone. Good catch.
Smartomotive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 05:10   #923
BHPian

So anyone knows what can be done to track the vehicle's location in real-time?

I'm coming from using XUV700 which allows us to monitor its movement and other stats in real-time and with its built-in esim from VI, it was considered crap but ZS EV's esim is turning out to be worst and I was under an impression Jio's network would be far better.

The find my car tracker logs last location but doesn't show real-time movement, etc. and due to network issues, it logs in one location and then it freezes until it finds any network.

It's crucial for me to keep a track of the vehicle. I tried adding an Apple AirTag but that too isn't working properly which is weird (It's paired with the car key, not sure if the signals are interfering or something else).

Would OBD from Jio or other brands work better?
Old 22nd December 2023, 14:33   #924
BHPian

Quote:

There are many vehicle trackers available in amazon. I have personally used Onelap tracker with battery (https://www.amazon.in/Onelap-GO-Wire...74&sr=8-3&th=1) for my car and it works very well with real-time tracking. 5 years sim activation is around 6K post first year of purchase.
Sabyasworld is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 20:28   #925
BHPian

Quote:
My experience with JioMotive (OBD Dongle), especially in Bangalore wasnt all that good. The device's sensitivity is not good enough for low signal areas.

Also its OBD stack is so primitive that it had difficulties working with a few non-Bosch ECUs.
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 00:25   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabyasworld View Post
There are many vehicle trackers available in amazon. I have personally used Onelap tracker with battery (https://www.amazon.in/Onelap-GO-Wire...74&sr=8-3&th=1) for my car and it works very well with real-time tracking. 5 years sim activation is around 6K post first year of purchase.
Wow, that's pretty reasonable for 5 years plan. What network it comes with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
My experience with JioMotive (OBD Dongle), especially in Bangalore wasnt all that good. The device's sensitivity is not good enough for low signal areas.

Also its OBD stack is so primitive that it had difficulties working with a few non-Bosch ECUs.
Oh I see. Better to avoid then considering Jio network which comes built-in is already very trouble some.

I also came across Qu bo's tracker and the app's UI looks good. IDK if it's going to be good. I'll explore more. Appreciate y'all sharing your inputs!
Old 26th December 2023, 21:40   #927
BHPian

Happy to announce that I've recently joined the EVclub - added an MG ZS EV Exclusive Pro-Candy White (DT interiors) to the family.

The 7.5 kW charger installation took a few days and finally happened today, thanks to holidays for the charger installation team and travels on my side as well.

A few quick questions to the seasoned users here
  • Was any of you able to connect the bundled 7.5kW charger (Exicom Spin) to WiFi/Ethernet. The Spin EV app is telling me that its a paid-feature (Rs.6999), but I'm surprised that connecting to WiFi is a paid feature!!! I can understand if a 4G/5G SIM based cloud connectivity/backhaul need to be paid for, but a bit miffed if basic WiFi connectivity itself is a paid feature. Is it so or am I interpreting it wrong?
  • Will the Charging continue after a Power Interruption of will it have to be re-authenticated by the RFID tag?
Digital Vampire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 17:37   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty reasonable for 5 years plan. What network it comes with?
The device comes with a Airtel sim.
Sabyasworld is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2023, 03:03   #929
Senior - BHPian

My brother was evaluating the MG ZS EV in India, and I decided to check out the MG ZS EV available here in Finland to give him some feedback. Although, I wasn't planning to test drive the car and had not booked an appointment, it happened to be available for test drive when I was at the showroom.

I felt happy with the space on offer, front and back. I drove the car mostly on snow covered roads and tried accelerating in Sports mode. There was no drama whatsoever. The ride felt good in the front. I didn't try the rear seat. I went over a few humps faster than I normally would, and it felt quite OK. The felt the visibility was also very good. The cabin quality overall also felt quite good, perhaps even more pleasing than my own VW ID.4 GTX.

The regen is not very strong even in Level 3. The sales executive had mentioned that regen Level 1 would be better in winter to ensure that the car remains in control. I kept it at Level 3 almost all the time, and I didn't feel like I would lose control over the car at any time.

Coming to the negatives, there is a relative lack of under thigh support. The motor is also quite audible, and in general the noise insulation could be better. I would prefer the front seats to be a tad more supportive, especially the side bolstering. The steering felt a bit thin. The acceleration is lethargic, even in Sports mode. I am not sure if the electronics were interfering. I didn't notice any warning lights or beeps, and it didn't feel like the power was getting cut off at any point.

The negatives I felt are mostly in comparison with my car. Not really a fair comparison considering the price difference, but the differences are definitely noticeable. The MG also doesn't feel as "solid" as the VW. The turning circle is also larger than the VW, although the VW is larger car.

I drove it for an hour and exactly 26km. The efficiency for the trip was 22.6kWh/100km. I find that acceptable, given that I was driving in sub-zero temperatures and spend about half the time in Sports mode. The Eco mode was used for only the last 5 minutes.

The MG ZS EV is offered in two versions here, both with a net battery capacity of just above 68kWh. The top variant, which is comparable to the Exclusive Pro, costs €37900.
StarrySky is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2024, 13:58   #930

Quote:

Got done with the chargers installation today. Yet to take it out for some good spin. It'll take time to get used to EVs with their silent nature.

Chargers Setup:

- Exicom x MG - 7.5 kW Charger: Regular use.
- Legrand x Tata Motors - 3.3 kW Charger: Backup / Slow Charging / For Future EV Scooter & General Usages (It's a 16A Socket).

Attachment 2544592

Expenses for someone who might be looking to setup in future:

7.5kW Charger:
- 5kW Load Enhancement with BESCOM: ₹40k (Deposit + You know for what).
- 7.5kW Charger + Labor: ₹0 (Company Covered).

Thank you for sharing the charging setup details. I have 3KW connection for my apartment and is sufficient for day-to-day use. I want to know if 5KW load enhancement will be sufficient for the 7KW chagrer. would you be able to share the options provided by BESCOM for load enhancement?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks