Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2023, 17:13   #856
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post

I had the same experience while driving from Chennai to Bangalore. There was a Nexon in Kolar who insisted on their magic 100% before allowing me to charge.
In routes with sparse charging infra, I agree that it's easy to spend more time but Chennai - Bangalore is starting to have a lot more charging infra now.

I don't bother stopping if there is someone already charging. I prefer taking the GQ route to Bangalore and that gives plenty of options.

Zeon at GRT Vellore, Pallikonda now has dual guns. Even on the old highway, we now have a Jio BP near Ranipet. For ZS EV, it will be a big boost because it is 60 KW. Even though there are not food options nearby, a 20-25 min charge is sufficient top up for you to comfortably reach your destination
shyampsunder is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 23:34   #857
GST
BHPian

At the very outset I must express my sincere gratitude to the Team-bhp community for helping us car owners in innumerable ways. The posts here have been the most important sources of information leading to my decision to book MG ZS EV which I believe is a very informed decision within my resources.

After about a year and half of car search I have finally and happily settled on MG ZS EV and the thought of owning this car makes me feel very happy. This is going to be the replacement of my 2017 Ciaz sigma - the sedan which has never seen showroom except for regular services and has been pleasure to drive around and has kept my family very happy and grateful for its flawless services to us. The EV is already booked now in white color with Ivory interior. The dealer says that a car with these choices is already in Gujarat factory stock and it will reach us in about a week. There are three parts in this post that share the process I went through in the hope that it may help some of our fellow readers in their decision process. The first part is about the cars considered, second one is about the reasons why all but one of these were rejected, and third part is about how MG ZS EV made the cut.

The cars considered in this process: Nissan Kicks, Harrier, XUV300, XUV400, Taigun and MG Astor (1.5 na). I test drove all these except XUV400 (the local dealership has stock to sell immediately but without any test drive. I really didn't want to consider sub 4-meter cars but XUV300 because of its safety record and better looks to me - compared to Nexon - was considered. I also considered used car market for many cars, particularly Tiguan, Jetta, Chevrolet Cruze, BMW 3 series and Audi Q3. All things considered the final decision became MG ZS EV. I will very emphatically say that, if not for the inconvenience of having no expert mechanics and freely available choices for maintenance in the sub-million population city in which I live, I would have gone with the used car route. In places like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore... etc. I would have happily picked up a reasonable used car from the list I have mentioned above.

The reason to change Ciaz is based on lack of safety and lack of power in the car to travel with confidence on highways at 110 or plus speeds. Except for Astor all the cars considered here have enough power for this purpose, safety-wise I believe that all the cars considered here are good to great. In the end with all factors in mind - including a future proofing for the next 10 years, availability of great modern features (panoramic sunroof is one such), and great showroom experience- the MG cars, Astor and ZS EV, were the finalist. In the end higher safety in the ev was the reason for the decision.

I went through not only the ncap scores but also reports for details on protection offered to different contact points of the body during an unfortunate event. Hoping that astor has not been watered down, and its accident reports in India seem to indicate so, the Euro ncap score for astor is 3 and for ZS EV it is 5. More than the scores there are severe chances of astor falling quite short in protecting us compared to the EV. One can go through the Euro ncap reports for these two cars in detail to know about the various vulnerable body parts in case of a crash. The actual range of ZS EV being in excess of 300 km played a major convincing role (together with the experiences of people having undertaken long highway trips in EVs.)

I will stop my long post here and anyone interested in particular details is very welcome ask me. I again express my sincere gratitude to the community at Team-bhp.
GST is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th October 2023, 23:53   #858

Time has come to renew my insurance. Had to go with the default dealer insurance for a quicker delivery, in spite of knowing that they were robbing me.

Appreciate insurance suggestions for hassle free claims for ZS EV.
AutoEnthuHyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 08:07   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthuHyd View Post

My vote will still be with Acko. I haven't made any claims on the ZS EV though.
rajeshrajan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:10   #860
BHPian

A story about a runaway MG ZS EV from UK, which would not go below 30MPH: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-67005620

Th driver finally required police assistance to bring the vehicle to a halt.
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 12:53   #861
BHPian

Has anybody done the new update? Any visible changes after the update?
Old 5th October 2023, 21:30   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
A story about a runaway MG ZS EV from UK, which would not go below 30MPH: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-67005620

Th driver finally required police assistance to bring the vehicle to a halt.
This is absolutely a bolt out of the blue, and should be followed up for the sake of knowledge
Old 6th October 2023, 14:18   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshrajan View Post
My vote will still be with Acko. I haven't made any claims on the ZS EV though.
How much is Acko's quoted fee for second year?
Old 6th October 2023, 15:37   #864
BHPian

MG Motors India has revised the price of ZS ev in line with 100th year celebrations of MG Motors.

ZS EV is available in 3 trims – Excite, Exclusive & Exclusive Pro.

The Revised prices (ex showroom) :

Excite = ₹ 22.88 lakh
Exclusive = ₹ 24.99 lakh
Exclusive Pro = ₹ 25.89 lakh
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_1986.jpeg  

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 6th October 2023 at 15:38.
Old 6th October 2023, 15:37   #865
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Prices of MG ZS EV slashed by 2.30 Lakhs !! Nexon .ev facelift effect?

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_1462.jpeg
Old 6th October 2023, 16:21   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajala View Post
How much is Acko's quoted fee for second year?
Here it is
Note: 18% GST will be applicable on the figure
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-screenshot_20230919175627.jpg  

rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2023, 07:39   #867
BHPian

Quote:
I have. So far I’ve seen small changes.
  • UI font is slightly sharper and look and feel has improved
  • Shortpedia option is now gone
  • The battery status shows up permanently on the too right next to the sim signal

Will add as I observe more
ankitsingh7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2023, 13:28   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoEnthuHyd View Post
Time has come to renew my insurance. Had to go with the default dealer insurance for a quicker delivery, in spite of knowing that they were robbing me.

Not an ZS EV owner, but had used Acko for my Nexon EV Max. Came to Rs 17800, with a Rs 5000 voluntary deductible. This is with an IDV of 16L.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-screenshot-20231008-1.22.03-pm.png

From previous experience with Acko, they are pretty straight forward. A colleague of mine was offered an upfront payment for a fender bender and he was free to get it repaired at any garage of his choice or if he desired he could take it to the SC and get it repaired at actual cost as well.
I think he took the former option and got paid some 12-14k, but he was able to get it fixed at a local garage for 3-4k.
varkey is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 07:59   #869
BHPian

Quote:
I was putting off any sort of update because of the bug issues but during the 10k km service last week the Service folks updated it and now I feel the system is smoother and also the Android Auto functions functions better now. Before this update I had to plug and unplus the USB C cable for Android Auto to turn on and it was a hassle. God Speed
DrZhivago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 15:45   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZhivago View Post
Before this update I had to plug and unplus the USB C cable for Android Auto to turn on and it was a hassle. God Speed
Thank you for the update. Yes i noticed this as well after the update. and ofcourse the park+ thats come on in more page.
rajeshrajan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed