Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 20:50   #136
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-c2fba2b1cdee473fa27414bd8934f5b5.jpeg

Finally got mine as well!

The drive is absolutely amazing. I somehow did not find the AC or the Power inadequate on Eco Mode. I did find the deceleration on L3 KERS lacking. One thing that has helped increase the effectiveness of the AC are the window shades. The MG ones are of great quality!

My total range keeps hovering around 350 kms as an average. I do have to drive with a very light foot though. But I guess its a part of the adjustment when getting on the EV bandwagon.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:18   #137

Hi bhpians

This is my first post in Team BHP. I have booked MG ZS EV after reading all the reviews from team bhp only.

I have booked my car on Feb 4th from MG Chennai and I chose black colour variant. My SA committed that I will be receiving it by May end but till now I haven't received and now they are reasoning that black colour alone is not getting dispatched and now the timeline has been extended to this month end.

Any other facing similar issue who have booked the black colour variant.
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:10   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
Hi bhpians

Yes! We booked the black colour in early March and were told we will receive in May/ Jun, then it became July & now our SA has said end August!
Again, he mentioned he cannot be certain that we will receive in August because there seem to be some issues with Karnataka RTO - not sure how true/ factual that information is.
car-o-holic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:22   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowtham.13 View Post
Hi bhpians

This is my first post in Team BHP. I have booked MG ZS EV after reading all the reviews from team bhp only.

I have booked my car on Feb 4th from MG Chennai and I chose black colour variant. My SA committed that I will be receiving it by May end but till now I haven't received and now they are reasoning that black colour alone is not getting dispatched and now the timeline has been extended to this month end.

What MG Chennai is saying, that only black colour variant is not getting dispatched, is not correct.

For your info, I have booked the vehicle as far back as December last year (I have opted for white) and MG Chennai still cannot give me any proper indication when I will get my vehicle.

I very much doubt you will get your vehicle by this month end.
Rada is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:58   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsingh7 View Post

The drive is absolutely amazing. I somehow did not find the AC or the Power inadequate on Eco Mode. I did find the deceleration on L3 KERS lacking. One thing that has helped increase the effectiveness of the AC are the window shades. The MG ones are of great quality!

My total range keeps hovering around 350 kms as an average. I do have to drive with a very light foot though. But I guess its a part of the adjustment when getting on the EV bandwagon.
Congratulations! Black looks neat.

Maybe few things have been tweaked on the face lifted cars, but on my sisters 2020 ZS, I felt the level 3 KERS is more than adequate which actually makes me drive with just modulating the accelerator pedal and using the brakes to just stop.

I have been driving it on Normal mode which is default and felt that is fine when coming to range and power. Actually I wouldn't drive in Eco mode at all unless on a highway drive.

Enjoy the power rather than driving with a light foot unless the distance per day is that much that you need to charge frequently.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:04   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2323723

I did find the deceleration on L3 KERS lacking.
Congratulations!! Wish you many trouble free miles and smiles.

About the deceleration, is this observation of yours for SoC below 95%? What I have noticed is the deceleration is not as aggressive between 95%-100% SoC as it is below that. You can notice the difference in Power figure it shows on instrument cluster. For me it goes up to -21% below 95% SoC but hovers around -7% above it.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:39   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraW View Post
For me it goes up to -21% below 95% SoC but hovers around -7% above it.
Now that you mention it, you're absolutely right. Not sure why that is. Makes no sense.
Old 23rd June 2022, 19:00   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Now that you mention it, you're absolutely right. Not sure why that is. Makes no sense.
Maybe because the battery doesn’t need to be charged much through regeneration above 95% SoC
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 22:33   #144
BHPian

Does anyone have any update on the Accessories?
I have been waiting for accessories for 2 weeks now and the showroom has not been able to provide me with them yet, and they still can't confirm when will they be available. They keep on telling me that they are not getting the shipments from the plant.
Old 24th June 2022, 00:48   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
Does anyone have any update on the Accessories?

Flagship Showroom at 32nd milestone has them
You can call and check
Old 24th June 2022, 14:03   #146
BHPian

Quote:

Are all the accessories that are mentioned on the website available for the ZS EV? Will definitely check out the window shades.

Also, why would you drive with a light foot unless you have a lot of intercity travel? The whole point of booking an EV for me was to drive with a heavy foot without worrying about the big drop in mileage like in the turbo petrols. Of course range will drop but how does it matter when you have home charging?
Old 25th June 2022, 02:29   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Are all the accessories that are mentioned on the website available for the ZS EV?
At least the ones I wanted. Also when they handed me the catalog they only mentioned that the more expensive cover was out of stock. They didn't mention anything else

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Also, why would you drive with a light foot unless you have a lot of intercity travel?
Well there is enough power for me on the light foot to overtake most cars on road. Also I do not prefer driving a lot above the speed limit. 10 kmph max.
I feel just because I can use all that power, doesn’t mean I should. Why not keep it efficient instead. Unlike the ICE cars, efficiency for me is a more fun game than just pure speed.
ankitsingh7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 11:59   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthgarg View Post
To my horror, the car simply refused to start and kept on giving “HV Battery Shutoff” & “Vehicle Control System Fault”.

Alas, I had to finally get my car towed to the Jaipur service centre. I would definitely praise the MG Pulse Hub, as they quickly arranged the tow and even provided me a free of cost cab for my remaining journey to Jodhpur.

Next day, on diaganosis, it was found that this fatal error occurred because I tried to start the car while charging, which I didn’t actually do. But turns out that I had tried to start the AC through the app before the charging had finished. This small mistake of mine converted into a huge nightmare for me.
I had almost the same experience recently with a small difference though. I was driving back to hometown and I stopped at a hotel for a snack and decided to have a quick charge as there was a fast charger available. I plugged in the charger and waited for it to start but the charger threw an error. Even after trying multiple times it didn't work. Then I noticed that the car was running when the charger was plugged in. This was enough a reason for car to shut off HV battery. Even after keeping the car shut off and locked for more than 10 minutes (as suggested by MG service center), nothing worked. So I had to get the car towed to nearest MG Service center and MG arranged a cab for us to hometown.
I agree with you on MG RSA and customer service. They are simply awesome in this. All this ordeal took just few hours.
However, few things keep me puzzled -
1. If the Car should not be switched on when you plug in the charger, why not show an error while starting the car or sound an alarm if the connector is plugged in when the car is already running.
2. Even if HV battery is shut off, why not reset it by itself after a cooling down period (say 15 or 30 minutes) if there is no "harmful" event taking place (read charging or malfunction)?
This will definitely save a lot of time and money for MG and its customers.
JitendraW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 17:24   #149
BHPian

There is a long-running thread in the UK forums about the "HV Battery Shut Off" issue. Apparently, it can happen while charging at any DC charger. MG seems to have issued a software update to resolve it but there are reports that people are facing this issue even after applying all the latest updates. I will be keeping a close watch on this issue before I decide to take delivery of this car. link
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2022, 10:52   #150
BHPian

Cancelled my MG ZS booking

Dear All,

Inspite of waiting for 6 months post my booking in Jan 2022 my SA@kalyan nagar bangalore said I will have to wait till SEP and I could take it anymore. I have officially requested for my refund and cancellation of my booking. Thanks for all the great feedback and wishing good luck for the future owners 😊
vijucg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks