Old 6th April 2022, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture

Live Unveiling of the Tata Curvv.
umohan98 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:11   #2
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Tata Altroz EV to get larger battery, 40% more range

I like the design. It doesn't have the same front end as the current tata cars.

Although it looks boxy at the rear, it's well integrated and looks sleek.
Old 6th April 2022, 12:11   #3
BHPian

Concept CURVV unveiled. It will launch as EV first, with IC Engines later.

Perhaps the first ever mass market coupe in India if Tatas bring it on time. Gives hints about Tata's new design language inside and out.

Images from the Launch Broadcast

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-121250.png

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-120644.png

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-120856.png

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-120953.png

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-121646.png

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-screenshot-20220406-121215.png

Official Images

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image1.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image2.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image3.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image4.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image5.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image6.jpg

Last edited by PrasunBannerjee : 6th April 2022 at 12:32. Reason: Added official images
PrasunBannerjee is online now   (20) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:18   #4
BHPian

This seems to be very futuristic yet relevant in terms of the way the next gen design language will shape in our market. TAMO is hitting all the right notes in terms of the customer sentiments and requirements as we see electric vehicles will be the thing in the next 4-5 years and come 2027 it will possibly be topping the charts in terms of sales.

Tata Curvv is a step in the right direction only waiting to see how it all boils down in terms of the final product. Surely, interesting and exciting times to come as Mahindra also has a range of the electric SUVs unveiled in June this year.

Happy motoring!!
joeva1706 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 12:50   #5
BHPian

Live stream video -
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:00   #6
BHPian

Hope the Curvv name doesn’t get to the production version of this beautiful looking concept car. I did not like the rear look of this concept car. Overall design of this car looks futuristic!!
Excited to see it in flesh!

Last edited by arvindmanju : 6th April 2022 at 13:10.
Old 6th April 2022, 13:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture

Tata Motors has unveiled an all-new electric SUV concept called the Curvv. The new concept SUV previews the brand's second-generation EV architecture.

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-image-1-8.jpg

The Curvv Electric SUV concept features a coupe body style and a completely new design language. The car has a sleek and futuristic look with an LED light bar stretching across the width of the front fascia and triangular LED elements positioned on the bumper.

The Curvv concept has square-ish wheel arches and short front and rear overhangs. The bold rear facia houses an LED light bar that gives it a distinct look.

Name:  image001 5.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  79.3 KB

The interior of the Curvv electric SUV concept looks minimalistic with dual screens and a new 2-spoke steering wheel. It also gets haptic HVAC controls instead of the more conventional buttons and knobs.

Tata Motors hasn't disclosed the technical specifications of the Curvv concept. However, the company has stated that the new architecture supports multiple battery and electric motor configurations. The production version is estimated to offer a maximum range of 400-500 km on a single charge.

Tata Motors aims to launch the production version of the Curvv in the next 2 years. The company also plans to introduce ICE version in the subsequent years.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th April 2022 at 13:09.
TusharK is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:09   #8
BHPian

Re: Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture

The company images make the front look very edgy. It's actually quite curved.
I hope they allow media to record walkaround videos. These images released by them don't do justice to the design. These images offer a better view:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-20220406_131557.jpg  

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-20220406_131601.jpg  

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-20220406_131603.jpg  

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-img_20220406_130730.jpg  

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 6th April 2022 at 13:17.
udaikalra01 is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:10   #9
BHPian

Is it me or does the rear look like it has been slapped on a Nexon. I feel the designs of Pratap Bose were much more balanced and futuristic.

I hope the production version turns out better.
nimishlalwani is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:25   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Dual Screen Display looks odd. Seems to be a concept done in a hurry!

- Curvv SUV is being launched as an electric SUV and will later be available with petrol and diesel engines

- Curvv EV SUV is set to launch in India within the next two years (2024).

- While the final name for the production-spec SUV hasn’t been decided yet, the model is set to be launched in our market within the next two years.

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-2.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-0.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-4.jpg

Tata Curvv Electric SUV concept revealed; previews Gen-2 EV architecture-5.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th April 2022 at 13:35.
volkman10 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:45   #11
BHPian

I quite dislike the interior. The screens, the larger one in particular look poorly integrated and the the material on the dash is too shiny. The climate and light controls are all at the same place and that's likely to be really irritating to use.

Having said that I do love the copper accents they've used. And the pedals look futuristic too but needs more spacing in between. But again it's just a concept so no point criticizing details yet.
sravankrishnan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 13:54   #12
BHPian

Looks beautiful to me, I absolutely loved the design, it looks very futuristic as per Indian auto maker standards. The coupe design is very similar to BMW X6, albeit little compact.

After compact sedans and compact SUVs dominating the market in the last decade, looks like car manufacturers are focusing on cope models now. Mahindra XUV 9OO coupe concept couple of months back and Tata Curvv now. The design is much more mature and rich compared to XUV 9OO. Looks like this is going to be the next HOT segment for car buyers.

By the way, Is that the glass roof like Tesla cars in the concept? It would be nice if it comes to production, a first for Indian cars.

Name:  glass roof.PNG
Views: 1286
Size:  199.0 KB

OT: Any news on Sierra EV? Or is it just limited to a concept design?

Last edited by WhiteSierra : 6th April 2022 at 14:20. Reason: added missing image
WhiteSierra is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 14:02   #13
BHPian

The rear is clearly a blown up futuristic version of the current Tigor.

Front is kind of the usual Punch & Harrier family style.

Overall a good design for starters. Are Tata betting on a coupe considering a lot of the ground breaking EVs have been sedans and there's an SUV mania going on around?

Let's see how they fare.

I personally would have preferred a sweet 500 km + range Sierra.
Old 6th April 2022, 14:10   #14
BHPian

Beautiful concept car though the silhouette reminds me of the Mercedes GLE! However I wish:

1) They provide non touch screen setup for the AC controls.
2) There are modern display units on the dashboard that is bezelless and probably merged into one whole unit like the XUV700 or the Mercs. Tata could actually take it to the next level by introducing some interactive holograms for the display unit instead of sticking onto the physical touchscreen.

MODS: I believe this car needs a separate thread of it’s own and not be part of the Altroz EV thread?
Old 6th April 2022, 14:11   #15
BHPian

I like the looks individually. Especially the URUS-ish rear. But overall side profile looks crude. I know this is just a concept developed on top of current Nexon. I hope the final product turns out much more proportionate and pleasing to the eye. Just like how Safari was developed from Harrier. But then again, they had Mr. Prathap Bose at that time. Hope atleast his team carries on his legacy.

Off topic: what was the need for developing a new concept when they already showcased the Sierra concept. Sierra would have been better considering the brand value it carries.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks