Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2024, 23:21   #46
BHPian

Re: Haryana Electric Vehicle Policy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Any update on this? Still on the fence with the uncertainties.
We are also currently in market for a EV.
We visited many dealerships and what all of them have told is that-

Now only subsidy that is present in Haryana for EV is that only 25% of road tax will be charged.
At time of registration we only have to pay 25% road tax to showroom only.
No need to apply for refund and all
So further subsidy is present, nothing extra is expected in future too.

Also for this, we have to buy the vehicle from showrooms present in Haryana only.
Old 6th March 2024, 23:45   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Any update on this? Still on the fence with the uncertainties.
Some of the buyers have started to receive the RTO refund but mostly are still pending. I think HR98 is most active right now. I know a few people have received refund last month and i was called to RTO couple of weeks back to sign some papers for the refund amount. So hopefully i will get the refund back soon.

For new purchase you will have to pay 25% of the Registration cost.
Route66 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 22:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Some of the buyers have started to receive the RTO refund but mostly are still pending. I think HR98 is most active right now. I know a few people have received refund last month and i was called to RTO couple of weeks back to sign some papers for the refund amount. So hopefully i will get the refund back soon.

For new purchase you will have to pay 25% of the Registration cost.
Do update if you were able to get the refund?
Old 9th May 2024, 23:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Do update if you were able to get the refund?
Hi, I got the refund in April from HR98 RTO. But it seems that a lot of refunds are still pending from this RTO and others.
Route66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2024, 11:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
Hi, I got the refund in April from HR98 RTO. But it seems that a lot of refunds are still pending from this RTO and others.
Can you elaborate a bit, what was the refund % you got in the end. What all paperwork/agent fees needed to be submitted?
Old 16th May 2024, 16:17   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Can you elaborate a bit, what was the refund % you got in the end. What all paperwork/agent fees needed to be submitted?
When i purchased the car there was a 20% discount on Registration fees for EVs as per the old policy. The new policy increased it to 75%. But for a short period of time both the policies were valid resulting in 95% discount. At least this is what the RTO (HR98) is interpreting.

So I paid 80% of the Registration fees at the time of purchase and recently got 75% refunded from the RTO.

I had to visit RTO 2 times during this process on receiving a call from them. First visit was to submit documents such as Invoice, RC Copy, a form and cancelled cheque. The second visit was to sign some documents.

For any new purchase you don't need to go through this process as you will just have to pay 25% Registration charges at the time of purchase.

Just tp clarify that this is for Registration fees refund and not the EV Subsidy offered by Haryana Govt.

The EV subsidy of 15% of Ex-showroom price has been over for quite some time now for vehicles under Rs 40 Lakh.
Route66 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2024, 12:04   #52
BHPian

I want to buy mg zs ev. When I enquired from Gurgaon dealer he suggested that there is 10% road tax in haryana and it is not waived. Can someone help me understand the process and tax structure for ev registration in haryana
Old 26th August 2024, 15:45   #53
BHPian

The registration costs in Haryana for EVs is still higher than in Delhi. I think you end up paying 5% of ex showroom in Haryana, whereas in Delhi its just free. Please look at this policy too https://www.evpedia.co.in/policies/haryana-evpolicy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks