Views: 1137
Size:  2.45 MB

Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 11:24   #32
BHPian

Re: MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
Excite goes on sale from July 2022 onwards, I am assuming they would begin online booking acceptance for excite from the same month. Alternatively, one can head over to one of their showrooms and make the booking in advance.
I have an Excite booking from Oct 2021 which was never delivered. My SA said that booking will be used for the July release and put me at the front of the queue.

However with the semiconductor shortages and the long wait times for cars at present I am tempering my expectations. I've told my family that we should be able to get our car by Dec 2022

One slightly worrying factor is that in the past my booking status on MG's website used to show my booking. Now all it it does is show a loading animation forever.

Last edited by Chrome6Boy : 8th March 2022 at 11:28. Reason: added the booking status info
Old 8th March 2022, 11:43   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
My SA said that booking will be used for the July release and put me at the front of the queue. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
one can head over to one of their showrooms and make the booking in advance.
I called up ALL showrooms in Bangalore, here is what I heard across the board.
  • We are not accepting booking for excite variant yet.
  • We do not know the feature list yet, so we do not wish to take booking.
  • Excite variant booking starts in July and delivery in Jan 2023.
  • We have no update, but internal sources confirm delays.
Thilak29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:00   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
  • Excite variant booking starts in July and delivery in Jan 2023.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome6Boy View Post
I have an Excite booking from Oct 2021 which was never delivered. My SA said that booking will be used for the July release and put me at the front of the queue.
I had a chat with my SA here in Hyderabad today morning and here is how it went.

I specifically told him that I made a booking for yet to come 2022 version on 4th Jan 2022, even before many bet on it and I need some priority for delivery. When I made the booking I was informed that there were 15 other booking for 2022 version until then.

He said that he will try his best to allocate one unit in July 2022 itself, if not, it would happen in August 2022. Either which ways, I think is a good enough timeline.

I was falling for rumours and almost made up my mind to get a nexon EV as ZS was turning out to be expensive for exclusive version. Now that it’s confirmed that excite would be on sale as well, I would wait and get ZS ev excite.

The nexon cabin space felt just as good/bad as my grand i10 for legroom. I need something bigger and ZS ticks all boxes.

Last edited by raghupro : 8th March 2022 at 12:01.
raghupro is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:12   #35
Senior - BHPian

Given that regular sanctioned residential power connections are 3 kW, the ZS EV with its 50.x kWh battery will take almost 18-20 hours for a full charge, which is impractical. So if one were to buy it, he/she invariably has to go for a higher load sanction. Did I get this right?
cool_dube is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:32   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Given that regular sanctioned residential power connections are 3 kW, the ZS EV with its 50.x kWh battery will take almost 18-20 hours for a full charge, which is impractical. So if one were to buy it, he/she invariably has to go for a higher load sanction. Did I get this right?
These 3kw connections are outdated relics and are anyway under-capacity for a modern house with multiple ACs, geysers, washers-dryer and dishwasher. If anyone is serious about making the transition to electric mobility, a one time expense will have to be made in future proofing by increasing the sanctioned load and upgrading the wiring etc accordingly. Modern AC chargers require 7-9kw power of its own, so nothing less than 11kw sanction load will do.

I’ve had my house’s load increase from 9 to 20kw in anticipation of future EV needs.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:42   #37
BHPian

I have the first gen 2020 ZS ev. Charger that came with the car does a 7.2kwh charging and takes about 6 hours to go right up to full. This I feel is fairly adequate. The best 'tension-free' range I've extracted out of this car in-city has been about 285km. That run ended with about 20km range left and if I remember right, it was at about 8%.

Out on the highway, 285km has been easy round trip (out from and in to Mumbai). Regen did help a lot. I normally leave it on Level 2 regen/ KERS which seems comfortable. Level 3 becomes very agressive but great for the ghats.

Quote:
adrena is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 12:49   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Given that regular sanctioned residential power connections are 3 kW
Is this a Bangalore specific thing? In Mumbai it seems to be higher. Our previous home had 9 kW single phase, our current one has 11 kW 3 phase.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:03   #39
BHPian

Booked this a few mins after launch, great price as everyone inc the SA's were expecting this near the 30lakh mark. A year and 40,000 kms of using my Nexon EV I am looking forward the overall slightly more refined offerings the MG has to offer.
zandot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 13:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Received the Bangalore on road prices for MG ZS EV. This isn't very far off from the current prices. If MG launches the 72KWH battery version, that will touch 30L on road in Bangalore, will be worth it if launched with missing ADAS features.
Attached Thumbnails
MG ZS EV facelift launched at Rs. 21.99 lakh-zs-ev-price-list-mg-bangalore-march2022.png  

speedmiester is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 14:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Is this a Bangalore specific thing? In Mumbai it seems to be higher. Our previous home had 9 kW single phase, our current one has 11 kW 3 phase.
Chennai is the same as Bangalore in this regard. I think 3kW 3 phase is standard here as well.
Old 8th March 2022, 14:26   #42
BHPian

Quote:
You could easily charge using FC to 95% and the remaining using the slow charger, that's what I have been doing on Nexon EV.
The charge for FC at BESCOM is almost near to home charging cost, and it just takes an hour to hour and a half for MG to be fully charged up.
DarthVeda is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 15:20   #43
BHPian

Single phase meter rating is 30 to 32Amps. The fuse itself is only 32A.
So theoretical Max is 7kw. I have no idea how people are getting 9kw in single phase.

If you have a 3 phase then its 7kw x 3, but if the charger is a single phase charger then it can theoretically only get 7kw. So you use the remaining two phases for other house hold loads.
Old 8th March 2022, 15:31   #44
BHPian

If we have a normal 3 kw connection for our apartment in Bangalore, will we need to reach out to BESCOM for any changes other than connecting a charging point in our parking space? Would an upgrade be a necessity for charging the MG ZS?
Old 8th March 2022, 15:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car-o-holic View Post
If we have a normal 3 kw connection for our apartment in Bangalore, will we need to reach out to BESCOM for any changes other than connecting a charging point in our parking space? Would an upgrade be a necessity for charging the MG ZS?
Below is a post from another thread which does a great job of explaining what's necessary to install a charging point for the ZS

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ml#post4932443 (3 Nights & 2 days with the MG ZS EV - Extended Test Drive & Review)
Chrome6Boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks