Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2022, 18:36   #16
BHPian

Re: How to install common fast chargers in a housing society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
My apartment building of 350 flats has opted for individual charging after a proper study and discussions with stakeholders.
Thanks Rossiter. I agree with most of the issues you have mentioned in your post. I myself have posted elsewhere (Electrifying India's apartment buildings | How will you charge your EV in your parking spot?) on this forum that if EV owners cannot pull their own lines to their individual parking lots, EVs may not be for them.

We have a unique situation between the society and builder so some members were keen on common chargers. Initially they were lukewarm even on common chargers, but suddenly the prospects of oil prices jumping due to Ukraine-Russia situation has made it a matter worth considering. But I agree, eventually EV owners has to have their own dedicated charger.

I will share your post with our society members. I believe when the matter comes up for discussion during the AGM, some of the members who don't intend to switch to EVs may object spending association money on chargers and having EV owners use up the open spaces around the building.
Old 28th March 2022, 22:50   #17
BHPian

Update: The idea of installing common chargers has been dropped. Efforts will be made to get individual chargers installed at members' individual parking lots. Much ado about nothing.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 17:12   #18
BHPian

Thank you @yashg and @Rossiter for this lovely thread.

As someone who really wants to get an EV, sadly there is no option if one is in a rented apartment - and there are absolutely no EVs even in the vicinity, forget in the building complex. Worse, in our building only owners are allowed parking spots so we have to park our car outside!

Guess will only be able to buy an EV when we can afford to buy a house.. please correct me if I’m wrong.
Evyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 11:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

Having recently driven an EV for the first time, I was blown away by the (1) instant acceleration, and (2) minimal cost of running. The overall package seems very tempting. But then reality hit me. There is no way I can set up a charging station in my housing society. I live in a typical Gurgaon DLF housing society with more than 400-500 flats but there isnt a single EV. The whole system of setting up charging stations or individual charging points seem cumbersome for these societies. I dont know if its feasible for them to provide individual charging points but I personally would want one if I ever buy an EV. There is still a long way to go I guess - especially for us housing society residents.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2022, 22:04   #20
BHPian

There is an article in the print version of Times of India dated 25/November/2022 (page 4) about mandating housing societies to provide a NOC for installation of EV charger within 7 days from the date of application provided safety provisions are adhered to as per Maharashtra government's standard operating procedure [SOP].

Source.
Attached Thumbnails
How to install common fast chargers in a housing society-toi-page4-25_11_2022.jpg  

anivy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 11:06   #21
BHPian

Know what are the laws for setting up EV charging in a housing society and what you should know.
See this video

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks