Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2022, 11:20   #1
Senior - BHPian

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept

Krux Studio has unveiled its new electric car concept, called the Two2.

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-kripa_with_two2.jpg

The Two2 "micro-mobility vehicle" has been designed and built using 20% upcycled parts. It is based on a tubular frame and is modular. This is said to reduce development costs, making it easier to assemble. The concept is built using a carryover skateboard.

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-two2_pic_2.jpg

The Two2 can carry passengers and cargo depending on the variant. The tubular structure is highlighted in accent colours. It has large doors that are said to facilitate ingress and egress. The interior of the Two2 is lined in burnt orange upholstery and beige plaid trim.

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-combined-cars_2_1.jpg

The Two2 uses a 15 kW electric motor that is powered by an 11 kWh battery pack.

Krux Studio is looking for partners to put this vehicle into production.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 12:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept

Pictures of the Two2 Micro Mobility Electric Vehicle.

Quote:
The Two2 micro mobility electric vehicle designed by Krux Studio, founded by Kripa Ananthan, former head of design at Mahindra
Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123749.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123753.jpg

Quote:
The Two2 is designed and built around Swift Gen 2 doors, which are in plentiful supply. The fenders are taken from a small CV, the tail lamps from another vehicle, rear fender for is the same piece used on the left, right and even the tailgate (which does not open).
Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123759.jpg

Quote:
It has the smallest footprint of any car in India, it’s even smaller than a Bajaj Rickshaw. The concept was created in under four months and the styling is unique using an exposed tubular frame as the cornerstone. It falls in the quadricycle category and only for in-city use
Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123804.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123810.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123816.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123819.jpg

Quote:
Original idea was for tandem seating to make it even more manoeuvrable but there were limitations in this chassis, the seating right now has a driver’s seat and a bench behind it so technically it can seat three. The rear panels come off so it can be used as a delivery vehicle.
Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123825.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123828.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123830.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123832.jpg

Quote:
Initial sketches used 12-inch wheels but 13-inch wheels are more readily available and thus has been used. That said the manoeuvrability is very good, just what you need in the city. Target weight is just 400kg.
Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123838.jpg

Krux Studio reveals Two2 electric car concept-20220225_123844.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 25th February 2022 at 12:50.
Venkatesh is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 14:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Design seems impressive, considering that they had to build it around the 2nd Gen Swift's door. Any idea on who is their target audience?
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 15:12   #4
BHPian

Mindblowing concept, very impressive and practical. There is space for everyone be it a startup or legacy manufacturer in EV industry, come with fresh concepts.
TorqueIndia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 19:13   #5
BHPian

Looking at the overall shape of the car, the dashboard panel, the wheel covers and the size, it seems to be a heavily modified Reva-i. Even the seats and steering wheel seem to have been directly lifted from the Reva. The body seems to have been borrowed from various cars. I can see Alto ORVMs, 2nd gen Swift doors and WagonR quarter glasses.

Name:  AC8136A1E7D84CED9990AA51C49EDC73.jpeg
Views: 495
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  BDBC2320E4DF4D778155BA914B4EBF68.jpeg
Views: 502
Size:  35.9 KB

Last edited by Sanidhya mukund : 25th February 2022 at 19:18.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 21:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Design seems impressive, considering that they had to build it around the 2nd Gen Swift's door. Any idea on who is their target audience?
I think it is not target at individual buyers but probably service providers who operate in the 'last mile' space.
Very impressive concept.
Guna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 07:57   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A most interesting concept, yet I'm left wondering if there is a market for such a product in India? Or perhaps, this is targeted at some other country.

In India, there is a dangerous precedent set by the Tata Nano. The Indian customer doesn't like anything with a "cheap" image, he doesn't like bare bones and he certainly doesn't like things too different when it comes to cars (e.g. two doors here or the Nano's rear engine). First-time car buyers prefer things conventional & safe.

Commercial usage? I doubt it. Dedicated goods carrier designs are far more suited to maximising cargo space than a car which also carries goods.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 10:53   #8
BHPian

This thread leaves me with so many questions -

- Why does this exist?
- Why so many similarities to Reva and some parts from Swift?
- Why does the product look like something bunch of engineering students put together and not automotive veteran?
Thilak29 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 16:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Somehow it downright looks like a jugaad vehicle made of various parts from the bin. Rightly said by @GTO about Indian customers not liking such vehicles.

Even the mighty Tatas had to bow down with their well engineered Nano. Also this is the same person to my knowledge who brought out some quirky models like KUV when in Mahindra.
girishglg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 17:25   #10

Very quirky design. Personally I dislike it but it isn't ugly either, it is one which can grow on you over time. Although I do think the design is what would put people off this vehicle. It would attract too much attention, and would probably be treated as a "clown" rather than "cute".

My guess is that this is marketed towards daily commutators/seniors/couples without kids who want a small car for short distance travel for cheap(which it hopefully would be). Don't want to use your brand new Innova in the tight traffic of your metro city? Here you go! I have seen many bhpians here who would love the wuling hongguang Mini EV in India, and I think this is as close as we could get to that.

The biggest challenge it would face would be to convince a commuter to switch from a bike/scooter to this vehicle. They can't really use the safety aspect here, but if they price it right, I could see this selling moderately, at least as a niche product.
Old 27th February 2022, 09:33   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Krux Studio is looking for partners to put this vehicle into production.
This is great! Refreshing. Congratulations to the team that have built this.

For the folks criticising this, I totally disagree with your take. You guys might even be critical of the Wuling car at this rate! This is different than the Reva, and looks better. The use of Swift doors as a start is a great frugal engineering design choice!

Can I get in touch with the guys who built this? Alternatively, you know who you are, and if you are reading this, pls PM me!
Rock on \m/

Last edited by Axe77 : 28th February 2022 at 07:18. Reason: Toned down language. Corrected typos.
jayhind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 13:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

It's simply too boxy. Honestly, it reminded me about the cars we used to make off Matchboxes as kids.

While it's much appreciable to see this change, the car looks quite an eyesore to me. Could have made it look more trendy and would likely catch up well. Such a design can be knocked down by lobbyists if they see potential in it.

Last edited by funkykar : 27th February 2022 at 13:54.
Old 27th February 2022, 14:31   #13
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Pictures of the Two2 Micro Mobility Electric Vehicle.

Attachment 2277233
This looks ungainly. The rear seat makes no sense. The seat behind the driver has no space for passenger's legs.
The other side has uneven floor space in front. Looks quite uncomfortable.

This won't take off as a passenger vehicle, while there are enough 3-wheeler EVs, that this doesn't make sense as a goods carrier either.

Hopefully this is just a proof of concept aimed to show their design studio off. Not very flatteringly, i'm sorry to say!
Old 27th February 2022, 17:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

This is a great effort at a niche market. There can be many arguments about its target audience and its utility. But I feel that looking around at the huge number of 2 & 3-car families even in a tier-2 city like Lucknow (admittedly, most of the cars being pre-owned) I feel the market is changing much faster than we know.

And the bias against cheap / micro cars are about to change. Specially with the improved quality and range of EVs that are making headlines almost daily. For point-to-point daily commutes with at home charging, the economics of ownership may tilt the balance in favour.
Old 27th February 2022, 20:21   #15
BHPian

Came across this in on YouTube. 'Low-cost electric car from Tamilnadu'
Probably a badge engineered Chinese product but looks way better and probably better kitted than the contraption seen here.
The video is in Tamil.
crdi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed