Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2022, 14:35   #91

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe

Just went to mg noida for the 50000kms service of my MGZS 2019.... also booked the newer 2022 version for my wife. Had a small chat with the SA... he confirmed that the training of 2022 version is now complete and there is no ADAS present. MG is planning to bring the 72kwh version in december with ADAS.
anshul70701 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 17:17   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshul70701 View Post
Just went to mg noida for the 50000kms service of my MGZS 2019.... also booked the newer 2022 version for my wife. Had a small chat with the SA... he confirmed that the training of 2022 version is now complete and there is no ADAS present. MG is planning to bring the 72kwh version in december with ADAS.
Coincidence! I just got back from a visit to the Banjara Hills, Hyderabad brand of MG. As I am unsure if I can continue with my ZS EV booking or cancel it if it goes out of reach, I wanted to test drive the Astor as well.

Was informed by sales executive that he got done with the training for new ZS EV and even he confirmed that the new model doesn’t have ADAS. This actually makes me happy as the price hike, if any, wouldn’t be steep now. Also, not a big fan of current ADAS tech.
raghupro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 17:51   #93
BHPian

While I am a little sad that the MG ZS EV is getting a larger battery pack and therefore a longer range than the current-gen model that I am driving for a little over a year now, I am perhaps relieved just a bit as this new model looks plain ugly compared to the majestic front of the 2020 model. The London-Eye headlamps are stunning and the radiating stars design of the fake grill makes it look very premium. The powertrain remains the same (therefore not missing out on any of the fun)... I regularly get 300-320km with my driving style... The new one should make 400-420km, not bad, but hopefully, I will never need to drive 400km on a single charge given the rapid of charging infra development along the highways.
Overall not very unhappy
doctorjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 08:12   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjee View Post
I regularly get 300-320km with my driving style... The new one should make 400-420km, not bad, but hopefully, I will never need to drive 400km on a single charge given the rapid of charging infra development along the highways.
Overall not very unhappy
Is that within the highway, if so what is the maximum speed and average speed you drive? This can help us understand the battery discharge level during highspeed highway run vs city run.
Old 21st February 2022, 09:48   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kannan View Post
Is that within the highway, if so what is the maximum speed and average speed you drive? This can help us understand the battery discharge level during highspeed highway run vs city run.
I have a very mixed driving routine. Always Eco mode, KERS at 3. Contrary to popular belief, I do not find EVs to be "always" most efficient in the cities. I drive in the extremely congested areas of Mumbai, like Sakinaka and Kurla and I usually get ~6km per kW, so that is ~264km with AC on. Without the AC it only marginally improves to ~6.2-6.4km per kW. That is ~282km. My office is in Airoli, and I pick up-drop, my wife, in BKC. So my usual city routine is Sakinaka-BKC-Airoli and Airoli-BKC-Sakinaka. If I try to drive normally (no hurry, relaxed, max speed <80) then I usually get 8km/kW (352km), I also got 9km/kW without AC (396km). Unfortunately, I love the thrill of EV and end up accelerating a lot and usually end up hitting high speeds often so on most of the days I end up with ~7-7.2km/kW (<320km).
MG app provides a nice snapshot of the drive quality and battery efficiency. I have attached a couple of screenshots of a typical workday for your reference. The time taken to drive is almost the same in both cases, one looks little longer as I had to wait outside wife's office :(

Fully highway drive (like outstation, weekend trips) is a different story. Remember, highways are not typical flat roads, at least when leaving Mumbai. We have to cross the "ghats" and that, my friend, is the single most important factor for battery drain, the slope of the road. Once you hit the ghat roads, you will spend battery charge like crazy, often up to 2km per kW... I remember, once I reached Lonavla, 90km from our home, with only 130km left in the battery. Kamina gravity! However, we returned home with 90km remaining in the battery pack. So literally we drove back 90km with only 40km worth of juice. Gravity helped.
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-whatsapp-image-20220221-9.44.39-am-1.jpeg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-whatsapp-image-20220221-9.44.39-am.jpeg
doctorjee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 14:20   #96
BHPian

It seems that the 2022 ZS EV face-lift will be launched around mid-April (apparently Monday the 14th).

I was planning to schedule a test drive appointment for the current ZS, but was told that the TD vehicle had been sold and they do not have any display units left as well. The SA said their training had been completed and they should start getting units of the 2022 model after the first week of April. Test drives and launch should follow thereafter.
fordfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 18:09   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
It seems that the 2022 ZS EV face-lift will be launched around mid-April (apparently Monday the 14th).

I was planning to schedule a test drive appointment for the current ZS, but was told that the TD vehicle had been sold and they do not have any display units left as well. The SA said their training had been completed and they should start getting units of the 2022 model after the first week of April. Test drives and launch should follow thereafter.
You mean March 14th ?

Current ZS EV is not available anywhere for Display as well as Test Drive. Infact, some older bookings are also being converted into newer version bookings. Many have not received their cars post Astor's launch.

I have decided to upgrade to 2022 MG ZS EV.

Will be booking one shortly.
Old 21st February 2022, 18:39   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
You mean March 14th ?

Current ZS EV is not available anywhere for Display as well as Test Drive. Infact, some older bookings are also being converted into newer version bookings. Many have not received their cars post Astor's launch.

I have decided to upgrade to 2022 MG ZS EV.

Will be booking one shortly.
Pretty sure the SA said 14th April. But I'll be more than happy if its March! Hoping to get a test drive soon. If I'm happy, will be booking one.
Old 22nd February 2022, 07:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:

This is very disappointing. I was really looking forward to the version with ADAS. Looks like I'll have to wait atleast for a year before that version becomes available..

On the plus side, I'm glad to hear that MG might bring the long range variant eventually. The range on that one should keep the car future proof and vastly increased the practical utility.
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 09:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
The single biggest disappointment of MG ZS EV in India: lack of ADAS. While the global 2019 model had ADAS, they skipped it for India launch models, the 2021 refresh models are now the 2022 facelift as well!

ADAS may not be absolutely spot-on for Indian traffic but the traffic start-stop assist feature may be very helpful for our city traffic driving
doctorjee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 12:57   #101
BHPian

Quote:
It’s great that you have completed 50k kms on your ZS! Have you had a chance to check your battery SOH (state of health)? You can do this via OBD2 adapter or ask MG to tell you. It would be good to know how much degradation has happened after 50k kms.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:14   #102
BHPian

Just had a chat with the sales executive and he says that as per word of mouth talk, there won't be any increase in price, excite removed from offering and vehicle might go on sale by mid-march. The company will reveal all official details by end Feb or 1st week of March.
raghupro is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 20:54   #103
BHPian

Seems the news is correct. talked to a SA and he has been trained for the ev though hasnt seen it yet.
He confirmed there will be no ADAS. He also confirmed that he would get the test car by 25th feb. The official launch will be after that only.
He said the reason to omit it was cost. Though the logic about saving a few thousand of an 25 lakh car doesnt really mean much.
By getting only the top end version it seems mg is trying to push the more expensive car here in India.
Again the car company trying the short sell in the indian market by not giving any options to the customer.
I really dont understand the logic behind it especially when that version has already been released before. Considering Mg gave about 6-7 versions with astor ranging from 9.5 -17.5 lakhs wonder why they got so stingy with the EV.
As per the uk SE version(excite) this would have been extreme value for money as it would have had most critical things loaded and taken the market away from nexon ev.
Test drove the Astor AT with adas to get a feel of what we would be missing.
It is a smooth car though the pickup is average for that segment.
The electric version with adas would have been icing on the cake.
The ACC works reasonably well with the indian traffic conditions even in stop start traffic though they have not included traffic jam assistant as in UK.
it works with minimum speed 30 though you can improvise to drive it in slow traffic conditions.
there are certain limitations like the chances of people cutting in due to the distance and the 3 second rule which disables the ACC on stopping more than 3 seconds.
nevertheless it was an amazing experience to see the adas work like magic without using the pedals. It braked and restarted on its own very accurately.
didnt get to use it on the highway but im sure it would be better there.
Maybe few of us should write to MG management to include adas optionally in the car as suggested by the sales guy.
The difference is just one radar in the front. the new 2022 model will have two radars in the back already for the rear traffic and lane change assist.
So basically they are omitting it for a small price difference.
If they will launch it in the future or even give the long range version it would be worth waiting.
I might be waiting for that in the future even though have booked.
Heard the news about the E6 kia coming to India. even though it is a proper specially built EV and a segment above the mg with loads more space and features. Hope kia goes CKD with that in India.
sunny1974 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 21:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post
Though the logic about saving a few thousand of an 25 lakh car doesnt really mean much.

Considering Mg gave about 6-7 versions with astor ranging from 9.5 -17.5 lakhs wonder why they got so stingy with the EV.
I am assuming it has got to be with the paltry sales number ZS EV gets when compared to Astor or Nexon EV. When the car sells in higher volumes, it would make sense to offer various versions and combinations else it's unnecessary overheads for MG.
Old 23rd February 2022, 09:08   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
It’s great that you have completed 50k kms on your ZS! Have you had a chance to check your battery SOH (state of health)? You can do this via OBD2 adapter or ask MG to tell you. It would be good to know how much degradation has happened after 50k kms.
Yes. I told them that it is not crossing 300kms, so they have collected the battery data and sent it for review at the factory, I will post update once I go to the service centre in few days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks