Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2022, 15:14   #136
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe

Looks as if Mg took the EL cheapo way forward.
Instead of treating the Indian electric car customer at par with the international market they decide to give them " what they deserve" based on their calculations they downgrade the car which should have been their flagship niche electric offering.
Companies are trying to save chips or something, however it doesnt seem the case as Mg Astors with mg pilot are available off the shelves right now .
The hype created about full bookings and a year long waiting is reflected in if you ask to upgrade the car. They will immediately offer you a higher variant with short waiting time. Highest without any waiting at all.
Had booked the car hoping for once it would be equivalent to the UK europe or even NEPAL specs
I really wonder how they managed to offer mg pilot in nepal!
I really hope they can clearly state the chip shortage with an optional future upgrade to the mg pilot.
Tried driving the astor with the adas and compared it to the Xuv 700. Guess they decided the ZS ev based on thew fact that there were few takes for the astor mg pilot. However they were putting it in the wrong segment.
Such features are introduced in premium segment initially till after a few years it becomes a standard feature across segments.
Cearly the mahindra is better of the two as it can handle the stop start traffic better. it has something called resume feature in the ACC which allows to stop start the car with a click of your finger on the steering without the ACC breaking off even if you use the break. In mg it has to be relaunched every time you break.
The mg has a stalk hidden behind the wheel which has to be searched.
That said i feel adas is a critical feature in any any car upward of 25 lakhs.
At that level cost doesnt matter much for that level of convenience as someone rightly pointed.
Their target group is self driving people who are passionate about electric cars.
Sadly i will probably abandon the electric dream for now until they throw in the adas.
The Indian market is ready for these features.
Of course people will initially avoid it just like initial auto gears cars ,cruise control and airbags.
Adas is a life saver with emergency breaking and other warnings,
Driving such a car needs a bit of training and after that it's like magic.
NO more frustration in traffic jams.
Much less risk of accidents on highways, much less risk of falling asleep on the wheel which is responsible for most accidents.
Maybe there might be a few small accidents due to the learning curve however serious loss of life and long legal battles will be avoided.
However Mg got their calculations wrong about putting what features in what segment.
Omitting the lower variant which would have captured the market and omitting the "premium" features from the higher segment sounds like their policy decider guy was probably in some other world.
The cost difference of 70000 for the technology is a no brainer.
A person spending 25 lakh will not think much about adding on that feature however a segment or two lower at 15 lakh 70000 makes a lot of difference.

Seems here most people are complaining about the lack of adas.
sunny1974 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th March 2022, 23:06   #137
BHPian

I wonder whether the 2022 zs ev will also be a CKD like the 2021 model. If the new car is based on the Astor then the euro ncap safety rating will no longer be valid.
NT56 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2022, 20:32   #138
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

India is definitely treated like a second grade market. I was looking at the MG UK website and their Trophy Long Range edition gets the 73kwh battery with all the goodies. Not that I can afford it personally but a 73kwh battery on offer would have been really great. Like Carens did, a basic features car with the good engine at 8,99..MG could have offered some basic features with the 73kwh battery pack (read as 500km+ real world range) for a lower cost. That would have given Nexon EV some sleepless nights because that could be launched at 18-20 lakhs (if the new 51kwh excite will be 25L)
Old 6th March 2022, 16:11   #139
BHPian

I was considering ZS EV as replacement for my rapid. However, at 30 L on road it doesn’t make any financial sense at all. You can get an astor CVT with all of its features and ADAS, for 19-20 L on road. No amount of fuel cost savings will compensate for 10-11 L initial price difference. In fact we can invest the difference amount and cover the monthly fuel expenses with the interest. No need to worry about charging infrastructure or about the resale value after 7-8 years.
rapid_fire is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 09:12   #140
Senior - BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV Walkaround Video

CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 10:18   #141
BHPian

I went over to the nearby MG showroom (JP Nagar, Bangalore) yesterday to enquire about the ZS EV and also had a small test drive on the older version.

The new version has already arrived at the showroom today and I got an invite to view. The prices also should be out today with the launch is what I was told.

For my needs I felt that the car might just fall short in interior space and luggage needs for my family. But the final call might be based around the pricing and range.
Sks_Biker is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:00   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1974 View Post

Seems here most people are complaining about the lack of adas.
I am not complaining.

I booked the ZS EV (Exclusive variant) in Dec 2021 and already it was stretching my budget to the maximum.

So when the 2022 face-lift was announced with better battery pack and better interiors, I was delighted. At the same time, inclusion of the full ADAS suite on the face-lift, I thought, would increase its price by so much that I would be unable to afford it. ADAS, at least for me, is a "good to have" feature and definitely not a "must have".

Having said that, I am still waiting with bated breath for the price announcement for the new model and to know whether I will be able to afford it.
Rada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2022, 11:41   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV:

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-8.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-2.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-1.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-3.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-7.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-6.jpg

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-4.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 20:16   #144
BHPian

Mg Zs Ev 2022 media embargo’s are lifted

Car and Bike :

Autocar :

Faisal Khan :

To share a few ,until our very own Tbhp one comes out.
Old 1st April 2022, 20:51   #145
Senior - BHPian

2022 MG ZS EV bookings cross the 1,500 mark

MG Motor India has announced that it has received over 1,500 bookings for the 2022 ZS EV.

2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-mgzsev2022electriccar_1646642201.jpeg

The updated ZS EV was launched on March 7, 2022. The electric SUV is available in two variants: Excite and Exclusive, with prices starting at Rs. 21.99 lakh (ex-showroom).

Powering the 2022 ZS EV is a 50.3 kWh battery and an electric motor with an output of 174 BHP and 353 Nm. The battery is said to offer a maximum range of 461 km on a single charge. MG claims a 0-100 km/h time of 8.5 seconds.

On the outside, the new ZS EV gets a reworked front fascia with new LED headlights and 17-inch alloy wheels. Inside, the car comes equipped with a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 7-inch digital instrument cluster, wireless charging and a panoramic sunroof.

The 2022 ZS EV comes with a host of safety aids, including 6-airbags, a 360-degree camera, blind-spot detection, lane change assist, rear cross-traffic alert, hill descent control, ESC and TPMS.
TusharK is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 21:12   #146
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV bookings cross the 1,500 mark

the problem is the amount of vehicles they deliver, looks like they get a big amount of bookings but they deliver in trickles. I haven't seen MG ZS EV cross 400 per month in a long time.
DarthVeda is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 17:52   #147
BHPian

MG Motors ties up with Bharat Petroleum to bolster the EV charging infrastructure across the country.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift with bigger battery revealed in Europe-bd3449011cdc4547958fd3d975e1c2dd.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks