Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2024, 17:36   #121

Re: Tata Tigor Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpindian View Post
The charger you have mentioned in this post and picture uploaded is one from Ramdev Hotel Belagavi, Karnataka and not Kolhapur Maharashtra.

Yes you are correct, I confused between Belgavi and Kolhapur.
Apologies.
Old 9th February 2024, 01:05   #122

My dealer in Kolkata mentioned that apparently tyre rotation is not performed in the Tigor EV because of the presence of TPMS sensor. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
Old 9th February 2024, 01:18   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
My dealer in Kolkata mentioned that apparently tyre rotation is not performed in the Tigor EV because of the presence of TPMS sensor. Can anyone confirm if this is true?
There is no TPMS sensor. The Tigor has an i-TPMS, basically uses data from the ABS sensor to indentify any changes in rolling. It is not an actual TPMS. So please ask them to rotate the tyres. Inflate to the correct pressure and then reset the iTPMS error that you WILL see on your screen (because tyres are rotated the rear pressure is different (38) from the front (33/34).

I, in fact, have installed Treel TPMS in my tyres and yes you can rotate them!
torquecurve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 10:32   #124
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
The lengths dealers go to skimp work! shame on them
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 11:36   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Well what the dealer says is bunk. But you might not want to get any of your tyre rotation/balancing/alignment etc done at your dealer (make sure they do not charge for it during service). You might as well do it at a reputed tyre shop (with whom you might want to build a good relation so that you can bargain when the time comes for changing tyres). Most service centers do bare minimum when it comes to dealing with tyres . I wanted them to just check for puncture because of a TPMS warning and they said they are not "experts" in it (leave aside whether they are "experts" in anything). Got it checked (and fixed) from the tyre shop that I have dealt with for my Zen petrol.
electric_eel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2024, 12:04   #126

Thank you everyone for your replies. I shall then perform tyre rotation at any good tyre shop. I understood while talking with the service advisor that he has limited knowledge on the EV. What is the recommended kms after which wheel balancing, wheel alignment and tyre rotation should be performed?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks