Team-BHP > Electric Cars

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2022, 10:55   #226
BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon EV Max, launched at Rs. 17.74 lakh (pg 18)

Do we have any Information or Updates whether the new version will come with ESP or Traction Control ?
Old 6th May 2022, 11:49   #227
BHPian

Do we know the range ? Anything above 400 KM and I am a convert assuming this is not priced in the stratosphere.
charanreddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 11:57   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
Do we know the range ? Anything above 400 KM and I am a convert assuming this is not priced in the stratosphere.
The current 30KW battery pack lasts 200 km to 220 km as real world range. With 30% increase and more weight added, I am not expecting anything beyond 260 km to 270 km at best.
raghupro is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 12:53   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Nexon EV Max to get a 136hp motor.

Quote:
The Nexon EV Max will come with a 136hp motor, which is 9hp more than the unit that is currently available on the standard Nexon EV – which will continue to be sold as is.
Quote:
Nexon EV Max likely to get 6.6kW AC charger
Will get around 400km claimed range
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 6th May 2022 at 12:57.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 13:12   #230
BHPian

Attachment 2304528

Man, That gear selector knob looks crazy!! Only seen in vehicles way above Nexon's price range.
PJ1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 15:54   #231
BHPian

Way to go Tata! I hope they just get the reliability angle right. They have a cracker of an EV now. If this car has a real world range of 250km+, I will pick the Max over the ZS EV any day.

The Max (likely) has ventilated seats, a more comfy rear bench, a more practical sunroof, quicker delivery times and heartwarming desi vibes over the ZS. Tata generally gets their pricing right so I'm not too worried about that aspect.

Tata has a product that has the potential to nearly annihilate ZS EV. I just hope that they dont mess up the execution and deliver a quality and reliable product.

All the best Tata!
qaqa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 19:27   #232
BHPian

Does anyone know whether the system is developed in house or just another kit conversion? I vaguely remember our Team Bhpian Stuntfreak mentioning Nexon EV is developed with a pre existing kit. I hope this is from Zip-Tron project and developed fully in house.
Siddarth_Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 21:10   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
Does anyone know whether the system is developed in house or just another kit conversion? I vaguely remember our Team Bhpian Stuntfreak mentioning Nexon EV is developed with a pre existing kit. I hope this is from Zip-Tron project and developed fully in house.
Obviously imported from China. Almost everything the existing Nexon EV including battery, motor, AC DC converter, screens, controller etc are from China. No company is manufacturing these items in India.
Lobogris is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th May 2022, 21:23   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No no the running man is sports mode and the leaves is eco mode.
Goes on to show that simplicity is the best policy Why not just label the buttons as SPORTS and ECO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charanreddy View Post
I would not expect a real-world range of more than 300 km by any means, given the extra weight of the battery, though I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
cool_dube is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 00:39   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I see electronic parking brake with auto hold. This means it has hill hold as well.
Why does it need hill hold (ascent or descent) when it has auto hold? From what I understand;

Auto hold:
- when enabled, is activated when the vehicle is braked to a stop. Brake pressure would continue to be applied after the foot is off the brake pedal.
- this condition would persist indefinitely until the accelerator pedal is depressed.
- would be activated on both level roads and inclines.
- no need for the hill ascent control feature to be separately provided as it's feature is covered by auto hold.

Hill ascent control:
- would be enabled when the vehicle is braked to a stop on inclines (sloping upward or downward) past a certain angle.
- the brake pedal should continue to be depressed.
- is activated for a few seconds when the brake pedal is released (a forward gear must be engaged if sloping upward and vice versa). Brake pressure is applied for a few seconds to prevent the vehicle from rolling. The accelerator needs to be depressed within this period, there by controlling the vehicle's movement.
- is not a substitute for manual force on the brake pedal, unlike auto hold.
Old 7th May 2022, 09:09   #236
BHPian

My biggest gripe with the Nexon EV was lack of Park mode. I am not confident to leave the car with only hand brake to hold it in place. I am so glad that its fixed in this. Adjustable regen is another major upgrade. Hope they will price it reasonably.
rapid_fire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 09:42   #237
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearchichi View Post
Why does it need hill hold (ascent or descent) when it has auto hold? From what I understand
Yes your understanding is correct. What I meant was that now that it has electronic parking brake it will work as hill hold as well. The biggest problem was the car rolling back on an incline when you lift off the brake and then when you press the throttle the small lag in throttle for the electric motor to kick in.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 10:17   #238
Senior - BHPian

With the new update, the pricing should go up. The top-end Nexon in my city is about 19.2L. ZS EV Top end is 28L and Excite is 24L. Since the Excite version is still not available, I think Nexon EV max has some room for pricing. Maybe they can go up till 21L and still be a good 3L less than ZS EV. For the 3L extra, ZS EV Excite, will have the 6 airbags configuration that Nexon still does not get.

I am still tilted towards ZS EV Excite if it is available. But till the time it becomes available, Nexon EV Max will have a free run.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 7th May 2022 at 10:18.
padmrajravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 11:17   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
For the 3L extra, ZS EV Excite, will have the 6 airbags configuration that Nexon still does not get.
With government mandating 6 air bags from oct 2022, I am taking a wild guess they nexon ev max would offer 6 airbags too. Fingers crossed though.
Old 7th May 2022, 14:16   #240
BHPian

Intresting situation.

Hyundai - Never bothered to release the base trims of Kona or the long range version even after more than 3 years of introduction.
The facelift which is already available in International market, has not made it to India - i mean not even a hint or update on it.

MG- Atleast does not delay the launch of facelift in India like Hyundai but again no long range version, no base trim(i mean yes they do plan to launch it later in a few months with the deliveries even later down a few months)

Now looking at Tata - Launches Nexon, a car good for commutes & short trips, mainly for city dewellers and people looking for a second/city car. Price point justifiably above its ICE sibling, i mean any person bothered with opex cost will be immediately won over by the EV inspite of the capex.

Notices people considering Nexon even as the primary car including first time owners. With only apprehension being the range.
Next available options being 7-10 Lakhs higher(Kona & MG ZS) where the capex kind of gets difficult to justify even with the operational savings.

Plans to launch the Nexon MAX before MG ZS Excite even hits market or the so called KIA-Hyundai's possible entries sometime in the future(although they have been dropping only hints since the last 2-3 years).

I mean quick launches and perfect pricing. If the range on the Nexon Max increases and closes in on MG ZS & Kona then it might easily give them a run for their market share atleast amongst the price conscious customers (who were torn between the Nexon's range and the ZS Excite pricing.)
It almost looks like a cat & mouse game.
Tata captures the entry level, MG & Kona at 20-25L are a segment higher so not bothered. Tata notices the segment - there is interest but a lacklustre supply, Tata creeps up and plans to catch up (launches Nexon MAX before & possibly at a lower price than the competitors).
Hyundai/KIA indicate a higher segment launch EV6/IONIQ and TATA comes up with Avinya which might even intrude into this segment as well(I dont think the Tata can come up with something in this segement before Hyundai-KIA ones see the Indian roads but honestly wont be surprised if it happens)

Now time shall only tell whether Tata improves the reliability & their customer service before all the other competitors are able to launch something to rival TATA's cars. (experience @ Tata dealers in my contact circle has been more negative than postive which has made me quite wary)

I do hope they also do something about the efficiency, i only got sample Test rides of some 30 mins on each of these cars but the Kona beat the other 2 easily. (Although not sure but even i was confused when i saw the Kona had a drop of 2% charge and did 12 kms - which is like 15km/KWh, while MG & Nexon were around 10-12km/KWh)

Hypermilling alert - I am already waiting to test the Nexon Max & MG facelift against the Kona for the efficiency.

Last edited by EV Fan : 7th May 2022 at 14:18.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed