Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:53   #46
BHPian

Re: Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years

Even if they are able to built a prototype in next few years, customer delivery will still be a distant dream.

Old should first try to establish itself in scooter market, and first step there would be to solve all issues with their current scooter.

mkbhd ( YouTuber who reviews cell phones and some electric cars) giving few examples where companies build prototype cars, took investor money and never delivered a single car for years.

INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 10:11   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric scouting for land to set up electric car factory

Ola Electric has ambitious plans to expand its EV business in India. The company is looking to set up a second factory in the country for its upcoming electric car. It is scouting for land and is reportedly in talks with several state governments.

Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years-olaelectricimagecopy.jpg

Ola Electric plans to invest around Rs 10,000 crore for the new factory, which is expected to be spread over 1,000 acres. Reports suggest that the company has approached the state governments of Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Telangana and Tamil Nadu.

Ola Electric had set up its first FutureFactory in Krishnagiri, Tamil Nadu. It has been churning out S1 and S1 Pro electric scooters since December 2020. The new electric car factory will be almost double the size of the current facility.

Source: ET Auto

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 11:05   #48
BHPian

here's a wild idea, why not fix the scooter first, get yourself a 'somewhat reliable' name and then try to build a car?

People are thinking twice to book a scooter from Ola, who is going to buy their cars?
prajwalmr62 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 15:58   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Bhavish Aggarwal tweeted an image of a few blurred design mock-up of upcoming Electric Car - Link

Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years-20220618_155611.jpg

Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years-smartselect_20220618155644_twitter.jpg

Name:  SmartSelect_20220618155700_Twitter.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  102.3 KB

Quote:
- First Ola Electric car likely to be large sedan.

- Will use large 70-80kWh battery

- Production expected to start by end-2023
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 18th June 2022 at 16:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 16:21   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Bhavish Aggarwal tweeted an image of a few blurred design mock-up of upcoming Electric Car
Source
Knowing what I know, I would take this with a load full of salt.
Ola could launch the two wheeler in good time as they bought Etergo which had done the hard part of design, development and testing (though from a Europe's context).

Which company are they going to buy now to build the 4 wheeler? Given the financial health and the general negative sentiment in the investment community, I doubt Ola could conjure up the funds required for this mega project.

Also if we go the example set by Ola in the 2 wheeler space, I would dread to be near any of it's cars.
speedmiester is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2022, 17:47   #51
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Knowing what I know, I would take this with a load full of salt.
Ola could launch the two wheeler in good time as they bought Etergo which had done the hard part of design, development and testing (though from a Europe's context).

Which company are they going to buy now to build the 4 wheeler? Given the financial health and the general negative sentiment in the investment community, I doubt Ola could conjure up the funds required for this mega project.

Also if we go the example set by Ola in the 2 wheeler space, I would dread to be near any of it's cars.
Disagree. Highly likely OLA will conjure up an electric car, by hook or crook.

Owners are likely to face issues, starting with booking, deliveries, registration, faults, servicing challenges etc..etc.. It's one thing a scooter shooting in reverse unintentionally, imagine a car doing the same?

Unless the authorities or the law stands in their way, Ola will have an EV up and running. Highly likely it will hit the market even if it's half-baked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
So would I.
shortbread is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 15:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Ola car teaser at 54:00.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks