Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2022, 13:04   #31
BHPian

Re: Ola Electric gearing up to join electric car race

This design was very easy for them. Take the cyber truck, cut the quarter from the rear. Now change the sharp edges in to curves ..

Having said that, I like the futuristic thinking by Ola. Hope they will be able to deliver on their promise and dream.

On my scooter booking, I still don't have a workflow to opt for a refund (of the 499 rupees ). So I agree to Hormazd on his view point.
anumod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 14:20   #32
BHPian

Reiterating Elon's words.

"Building Prototypes are easy. Production is hard"

By looking at the various half-baked category line expansions like Ola cabs, food, electric mobility, pre-owned cars, digital wallet, etc, I feel like they are basically a marketing company building the valuation bubble.
5252rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 14:27   #33
BHPian

I agree with the gist of what Hormazd has said. But I think he comes across as a harsh critic. I dont think he would say in the same tone to other car makers.

Could have made it like a suggestion or even ask what about the status of the scooters. I hope there is someone on the board (?) of Ola who could keep Bhavish honest in his attempts. It's still the consumer who decides the fate of the company/product and Ola needs to keep their satisfaction in mind.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th January 2022 at 14:57. Reason: Minor edit
PreludeSH is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 15:50   #34
BHPian

I think its high time Team-Bhp should also announce the launch of EV Who knows the forums valuations might touch billions.
sunnsood is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 18:30   #35
BHPian

Re: Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years

Bhavish Agarwal must take criticism more constructively, with humility. Honestly feels like an overdose of arrogance thanks to all that freely available funding.
Obviously, his response hasn't gone down well with the automotive media.

Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years-screenshot_2022012718170123_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Ola could foray into electric car space in 2 years-screenshot_2022012718190678_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
Vibhav-Van is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 19:50   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Tweets being as easy as they are, I am surprised he hasn’t hinted about a space program yet. Should give another round of funding boost, no?
Dry Ice is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2022, 22:04   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreludeSH View Post
I agree with the gist of what Hormazd has said. But I think he comes across as a harsh critic. I dont think he would say in the same tone to other car makers.
Ola electric scooters' delivery delay is not the only issue as of now, right? There are so many posts on team bhp as well as elsewhere about the terrible QC issues with panel gaps being more than mere aesthetic issues.

Also, the non existent refund process for the booking fees from thousands of Indians is not a trivial issue.

These issues might happen with new launches. But there is no official acknowledgement of the existing issues let alone providing solutions, even at this point.

So, while the benefit of doubt ought to be given to Ola, the attitude of its founder makes it questionable.

Hormazd and AutoCar as whole might not always be as impartial we at teambhp might expect, but he still is a senior auto journalist and deserves some respect too. He might have come across as a bit harsh, but not without valid reasons. And IMO Bhavesh's childish response only adds weight to Hormazd's words. Wouldh have been better for Ola if Bhavesh had responded maturely that they are working on resolving the scooters' known issues and that it remains their priority.
Old 28th January 2022, 11:18   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on guys, all publicity is good publicity for vapourware. Even on Tbhp now there are 3 separate threads that are discussing the same twitter "war" between the auto journo (not the most ethical of categories themselves!) and this guy. For all you know this is planned/planted like those twitter "wars" between bollywood/hollywood stars. Let's not do free PR for either of them and let this die by ignoring it.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 00:52   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Ola Electric says it is targeting end-2023 or early-2024 for its first electric car.

Quote:
The car will have some level of autonomous technology, but how much is not clear yet. The company has already begun work on autonomous driving tech.
Quote:
"Our focus is to electrify mass usage vehicles. Tesla is for the West, Ola is for the rest. R&D process for the car has been on for 6 months. We expect it to take about 30 months for it to be ready."
Link
Old 26th April 2022, 18:48   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Tesla for the West, Ola is for the rest : Ola Founder and CEO

Elon Musk will come on his own to check Ola electric car, I am not inviting him: Ola Founder and CEO

Link
Old 26th April 2022, 23:48   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
They have recruited some of the best engineers at premium salaries. They are doing research and development on self driving technologies. They seem to be throwing a lot of money at it. They would probably go with the design of the car itself being licensed ( or bought out as in the case of the scooter). They may spend ground up research and development on self driving, connected car technology and charging infrastructure.
This seems very logical and interesting. One thing is without doubt that Ola founders have this kind of entrepreneurial spirit which must be appreciated.
ASP_73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:36   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Ramkripa Ananthan, former head of design at Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M), is tipped to join Ola Electric.

Quote:
According to industry sources, she will be involved in the company’s new electric car project. Ola Electric says its first electric car is scheduled to roll out during 2023-24.
Source
Old 2nd May 2022, 13:50   #43
BANNED

A company which primarily is a software company when tries its hands at mechnical engineering will lead to great challenges. An auotmobile is still more mechanical then software.
For OLA they first need to get there two wheels together before thinking about four wheels. What OLA might be trying here is give these half baked four wheel EV to there partner drivers. I am pretty sure looking at there two wheelers issues people will not spend money with EV vehicles which OLA will load up with features which donot work in real world. I believe OLA needs to come with ideas which are original.
I still consider OLA a copycat (An Uber copy ) and now on record OLA says Tesla for West and OLA for rest. This is taking the band too far.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 15:04   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ramkripa Ananthan, former head of design at Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M), is tipped to join Ola Electric.

Source

Never liked her work. TUV300, Nuvosport, KUV100, Marazzo.....meh
Is Wayne Burgess leaving Ola?

Last edited by udaikalra01 : 2nd May 2022 at 15:06.
udaikalra01 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:39   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
I wonder what happened to "KRUX Studio" micro EV concept which she designed a few months back, probably wouldn't materialise now I guess.
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks