Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2021, 15:57   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Tigor EV spotted at dealership, MID shows 204km range with 54% battery.
In their tweet, Rushlane has quoted a range of up to 350 km.

Here is the tweet link:
https://twitter.com/rushlane/status/1428970256362401794
Old 21st August 2021, 18:56   #107
BHPian

Rushlane's claim is based on a rough calculation of the remaining range, which would be around (204km/0.59 = ) 345KM! But not sure how much we can rely on what we see in those readings - for instance, the vehicle has only traveled 36KM, but again we don't know if the vehicle would be charged to 100% while shipping. So everything is still up in the air I guess!
kartikthum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 21:46   #108
Senior - BHPian

150-175 kms of real world usage would be really adequate! I am quite hopeful they will launch this around 13-14 lakhs and leave space for Altroz EV from 11-12 lakhs. Exciting times ahead!
It’s really awesome to see Tata making all these strides and Mahindra having bought Reva a long time ago is still unable to ship anything meaningful.
What are Toyota & Maruti plans?
Old 21st August 2021, 21:51   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shresth_EV View Post

Yes, it’s not that the blue colour is bad, but yes, 3 colours might be very limiting for a buyer who wants a different colour.

I think Tata must’ve had the numbers from regular Nexon, how many units of what colour sold. I haven’t seen a single green or red Nexon in my city.

Then again, this “exclusive paint” for EVs seems to be a Tata-only thing. Neither Kona, nor ZS had an exclusive colour. Same for other global EVs like the model 3 or ID4. Nearly all EVs outside India seem to come with same usual colours like blue, red, white, grey and black.
We have to see from Tata's point of view. Tata expected little volume for Nexon EV and I see nothing wrong in that, it was a different product and Tata was treading uncharted waters with EV in Indian market. So I don't think there was any reason to have all the colours available from Nexon ICE line-up. Now that they have reached volumes of 650 and above, they will consider adding colours, they have already introduced dark edition for it.

Secondly, Tata didn't introduce EV as a standalone model like Kona and MG ZS EV, it is an extension of Nexon brand and it was important for them to differentiate it from ICE models, it also helps with marketing and spreading awareness.
Tesla, Rivian, Lucid, Polestar and Mach-E are EV only brands, so they don't need to market themselves as one. Tata doesn't enjoy the same luxury at least not yet.

As for colour choices, MG ZS EV only comes in three colours with "Copenhagen Blue" being ZS EV specific in India. In my city all the ZS EV I have seen are Copenhagen Blue. You won't find that colour in Hector or Gloster.
Kona in India is a standalone electric model, whereas if you see it in US it comes in both ICE and EV variants. "Ceramic Blue" is a electric only colour for Kona in US and again they do it for the same reason Tata do it in India with Nexon, to differentiate the product. Matter of fact my neighbor who recently bought one told me that her colour is unique to EV and in her words "it ain't your regular Kona".
officer416 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 15:37   #110
BHPian

I think the Tigor EV might come a lot closer to the real world range of the Nexon EV. Tigor's lighter weight, narrower and lower rolling resistance tyres and a tweaked regen to suit our Indian driving conditions (as claimed during the unveil) might just do the trick.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 19:44   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Booked my Nexon EV more than a month back. Now, the dealer has skipped the delivery date twice and there is no communication at all on when the vehicle shall be delivered. Seems like they are more than happy to just keep the booking amount in their pockets
But amongst all this, I am starting to hear varied opinions from dealers on whether the subsidy is being granted on Delhi registrations. Some dealers are saying subsidy will be given, whereas some are saying it won't.
Would anyone here have an idea or experience as to whether Delhi Govt. is still granting subsidy on Nexon EV XZ+ purchases or not?
From what i understand, the FAME subsidy scheme had 2 major factors:
The incentive of upto 1.5 Lakh was for vehicle wih ex-showroom price below 15L And that is only for the first 35000 cars.

So if the ex-factory prices are higher like the Kona and MG ZS then no subsidy.
Also if the 35K count is crossed before the registration date, then you might also loose out.
The Nexon's longer waiting time period and with other models (Tigor, Tiago) all vying for the same count, could be the reason behind the dealers uncertainty.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 17:14. Reason: Typos.
Old 22nd August 2021, 21:49   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV Fan View Post
From what i understand, the FAME subsidy scheme had 2 major factors:
The incentive of upto 1.5 Lakh was for vehicle wih ex-showroom price below 15L And that is only for the first 35000 cars.
In Delhi apparently, the subsidy is for first 1000 registrations only. This is what the sales executives told me. And at the time of making the booking, they said that they will ensure that I get the subsidy amount and that Tata Motors would communicate with all dealers in case subsidy was not being granted. That doesn't seem to be the case as Tata Motors definitely doesn't want to lose out on some hypetrain sales for Nexon EV.
I've communicated with their customer care and they seem to be sending out copy-paste responses like "We have highlighted your concern to the Delhi regional office".
They are also not letting me know when they will deliver the vehicle. I had paid the booking amount on July 11.
I was thinking of cancelling my booking and moving on. Sad to say this but I probably won't recommend Tata Motors or buy from them in the future. Really terrible customer care and dealership experience.

Last edited by aah78 : 26th August 2021 at 17:13. Reason: Quote trimmed.
nimblemaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 10:03   #113
BHPian

I don't know if this belongs specifically in this thread but it's an important concern many may have.

IC cars have the fuel tank in the rear. In contrast where do EVs have their battery packs? Are they suitably strengthened against collision and is there a risk of batteries exploding? Do all manufacturers put their battery packs in the same place or does this vary company to company?

Since I am on the lookout for my first EV this question has been bothering me...
Old 25th August 2021, 11:06   #114
BHPian

Battery packs in EVs are in the floor of the car. They undergo extensive testing to ensure minor collisions do not damage the pack. Regarding battery fires, the technology quite safe and is improving day by day. EV fires are reported more as compared to fossil fuel vehicles, as the technology is new and anything either good or bad is amplified. The battery packs are in the floor as the packs are quite heavy. This is uniform across all manufacturers.

Please read the reviews of the specific EV you are looking to buy as you would do with any other car.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 11:23   #115
BHPian

Quote:
In Delhi apparently, the subsidy is for first 1000 registrations only.
Heard quite a few rumours that the subsidy gets utilized to fulfill the govt./fleet orders first. True or not, i had planned without accounting for the subsidy.

Quote:
They are also not letting me know when they will deliver the vehicle. I had paid the booking amount on July 11.
I was thinking of cancelling my booking and moving on. Sad to say this but I probably won't recommend Tata Motors or buy from them in the future. Really terrible customer care and dealership experience.
But after hearing about the delays, as well as your experience, i got a bit sceptical. And that's when the news of new Altroz & Nexon dropped in, even in team-bhp. It states that the battery pack would also be bigger. Fingers crossed and the waiting continues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/scoop-...nge?t=MzMwOQ==
Old 26th August 2021, 12:52   #116
Senior - BHPian

2021 Tata Tigor EV to be launched on August 31

Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the 2021 Tigor EV on August 31, 2021. Dealerships have already started accepting bookings for a token amount of Rs. 21,000.

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-unnamed.jpg

The 2021 Tigor EV is based on the Tigor facelift. It gets an updated front fascia featuring sharper styling and Blue accents to help differentiate it from the petrol version.

On the inside, the car comes equipped with a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system and Tata's iRA connected car suite. It has electrically foldable ORVMs and a smart key with a push-button start.

The car comes with a host of safety features, including dual airbags, ABS with EBD, Corner Stability Control, hill ascent and hill descent assists.

The Tigor EV uses Tata's Ziptron electric powertrain. The electric motor delivers 74 BHP and 170 Nm, allowing the car to sprint from 0-60 km/h in 5.7 seconds. The car comes with a 26 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. It can be recharged from 0 - 80% in about an hour using a fast charger, while the same can be achieved in 8.5 hours using a standard home charger.

TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 12:52   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
I don't know if this belongs specifically in this thread but it's an important concern many may have.

IC cars have the fuel tank in the rear. In contrast where do EVs have their battery packs? Are they suitably strengthened against collision and is there a risk of batteries exploding? Do all manufacturers put their battery packs in the same place or does this vary company to company?

Since I am on the lookout for my first EV this question has been bothering me...
Not an expert, but here is my 2 paisa!

Nexon EV and ZS EV which are like the good options to buy an EV car today, both have the battery on the floor. They have protection against piercing and minor impacts. For an accident to impact the battery, the accident will have to beat the structure of the car! If I recollect correctly Tesla with floor mounted battery was one of the first cars to get a perfect safety score. Plus with the heaviest part so close to the ground, your handling becomes really good.
Raghuwire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:51   #118
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the Tigor EV will be available in Daytona Grey too.
Pics source whatsapp.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-6145543205358251393_121.jpg  

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-6145543205358251391_121.jpg  

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-6145543205358251390_121.jpg  

Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-6145543205358251389_121.jpg  

JayD is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 15:10   #119
Senior - BHPian

Found this walk around video of New Tigor EV.

Car looks good closeup and the lack of alloy wheels and arrangement of spare wheel in the boot are a big damper.

speedmiester is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 16:19   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Found this walk around video of New Tigor EV.

Car looks good closeup and the lack of alloy wheels and arrangement of spare wheel in the boot are a big damper.

https://Youtu.be/hJKQhjavKO4
So it’s settled then. It’s not a skateboard platform — instead has battery under the boot. (09:45 time stamp in video)
Tata to launch another electric car - Tigor EV with Ziptron-9c820193e2374ac9b03f678bf4bf2ecb.jpeg

Let’s see how it handles since the pack is surely heavier than the XpressT.

MID showing 66% for 166km DTE. 250km-ish on 100% by extrapolation.
Shresth_EV is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks