Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2021, 12:30   #1
BHPian

Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans

I searched the Electric Cars forum for Mahindra related EVs and the search resulted in zero results.

Today I came across two articles.
One article is from timesnownews.com mentioning that XUV700, XUV300 & XUV900 will have electric power trains.

Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans-image-2.png
https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/ca...r-india/763097

Another article from carandbike.com where there seems to be a road map with little icons which looks like electric plugs.

Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans-screenshot-20210529-122558.png
https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...dtv_topstories

Seems like Mahindra has 6 vehicles in it's EV road map if I'm correct.
Kannan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 12:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans

I would have accelerated the Bolero development on priority as it is its best seller
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 14:56   #3
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Mahindra has a host of Ev products in the EV page - They reportedly have 6 and the link is (https://www.mahindraelectric.com/) ever since they bought Reva Electric I was assuming that they will lead this space and be absolute market leaders but I guess they have to speed up dramatically. Add to this the Pininfarina specialty that Mahindra also own and that combo (Mahindra + Reva + Pininfarina) should churn out some real Rockstar vehicles they all belong to M&M so synergies should never be an issue ! Honestly I still do not understand why M&M still is not trailblazing the EV segment _ I would believe that they have enough competency and technology to support.

Srini
Srini76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2021, 16:39   #4
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

They won't roll out any Full Electric cars until 2025. Theys seem to be invested in the hybrid powertrains.

Also, the slide mentions Born EV1... Isn't it a car already offered by Cupra (VW owned).

Last edited by Tgo : 29th May 2021 at 16:42.
Old 29th May 2021, 16:47   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Also, the slide mentions Born EV1... Isn't it a car already offered by Cupra (VW owned).
Dont think 'Born' is a name here.

I think they have used it literally to mean that those two cars are designed to be EVs from the ground up.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 13:57   #6
Senior - BHPian

Re: Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srini76 View Post
Honestly I still do not understand why M&M still is not trailblazing the EV segment _ I would believe that they have enough competency and technology to support.

Srini

Think they are already on a pretty fast pace. They have quite a few EVs. Maybe their dealer network is still old school or the EV dealers need more visibility
Old 30th May 2021, 14:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Understanding Mahindra's Electric Car Plans

Mahindra's majority car sales come from commercial segment and present EV charging infrastructure in rural areas are limited pan India.

So standing immediately there may not be lot of takers for commercial EVs unless the infrastructure improves or there is lot of incentives of buying EVs.

Also government needs to either make EV incentives lot higher or increase ICE taxes substantially higher at least for commercial segment to bridge the price gap between ICE and EV commercial vehicles such that customers are lured more towards EV even for upfront investment.

I still think Hybrid Electric vehicle may be better off and commercial customers may feel that to be lucrative for investing in at this stage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks