Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2021, 20:05   #1
Senior - BHPian

Goa: No registration charges for electric 2-wheelers

The state of Goa will be waiving off registration charges for the first 10,000 electric two-wheelers. Apart from this, the state is also planning to offer cash incentives, subsidies and incentives on scrapping old vehicles.

As part of the clean mobility scheme, the state plans to reduce 5,000 tons of CO2 emissions every year and remove 10% of conventional vehicles off the streets. The Goa government will also install public charging stations across the state.

To help increase the sales of electric two-wheelers, the state has drawn up a proposal of a few incentives. These include a buy back program which assures buyers a fixed amount when swapping an existing electric two-wheeler for a new one, 5% reduction in OTR price by waiver of registration charges, subsidy for buyers opting lease, and an incentive to scrap old vehicles. These schemes are offered by Convergence Energy Services Ltd. (CESL).

Currently, 2-wheelers account for 70% of Goa's vehicular traffic. By converting them to electric, there could be a significant reduction in CO2 emissions. At present, there are 3 electric charging stations in Goa. They are of Type 2 AC standard with 122-150 kW rating. CESL plans to include Bharat Standard DC001 in the future.

Goa: No registration charges for electric 2-wheelers-ather.jpg
Source - Autocar

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 16th February 2021 at 09:27.
blackwasp is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 08:13   #2
BHPian

Re: Goa: No registration charges for electric 2-wheelers

When I visited Cambodia around 6 years back, I saw that there are a lot of shops offering electric cycle and bikes for rent to tourists and a lot of the tourists used to use them too. I think with a large tourist population whose commuting needs are mostly predictable and small, the state has a lot of potential IMHO. Cover all popular beaches, panji, smaller towns/cities with charging network. I don't see why this cannot succeed!
Raghuwire is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 14:04   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Goa: No registration charges for electric 2-wheelers

Anyone who has been to Goa, obviously knows the extensive daily two wheeler for rent market. If they also provide charging ports at every shack/restaurants/tourist spots this can quickly be a pioneer model in our country for electric mobility. Perhaps a swappable battery pack option can help things progress better.
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks