Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2021, 09:13   #1
BANNED

MG ZS EV available on subscription for INR 50k / month

MG Motor India will leverage Zoomcar’s end-to-end technology solution for its vehicle subscription platform called ‘MG Subscribe’. ORIX, as its vehicle deployment partner and India’s largest shared mobility platform, will make the ZS EV available for subscription.

MG ZS EV available on subscription for INR 50k / month-80507054.cms.jpg
Quote:
New Delhi: MG Motor India's electric SUV ZS EV is now available for subscription at an inaugural offer of INR 49,999 a month with Zoomcar and ORIX under MG Subscribe.

As a part of the tie-up, MG Motor India will leverage Zoomcar’s end-to-end technology solution for its vehicle subscription platform called ‘MG Subscribe’. ORIX, as its vehicle deployment partner and India’s largest shared mobility platform, will make the ZS EV available for subscription.

According to a company release, ZS EV is currently available for subscription in Mumbai, Pune, Delhi-NCR, and Bangalore; and more cities will be added soon.

Under the programme, MG ZS EV will come with 12, 24, 18, 30 or 36-month subscription options.
Source
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: MG ZS EV available on subscription for INR 50k / month

You forgot to mention the other option provided in small print

Kidneys are also taken as alternate payment
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 09:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Isn't just buying it on loan and paying EMI's a better option?
pedrolourenco is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:58   #4
BHPian

I know these are meant to be considered as replacements for traditional methods of ownership.

But I've always wondered if they'd work better without a lock in period. I'm sure there are enough people who'd love to try out an EV for a month, just to experience it once. Think of it as a very elaborate paid test drive.

Idea wouldn't be to have a different car every month, but to occasionally sample cars that seem quirky/interesting.

I'd love to do this for cars like the Harrier, Tiago JTP, Civic, Kicks, Magnite, Thar and so on.

Last edited by Aditya : 29th January 2021 at 20:45. Reason: As requested
SS8939 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 11:52   #5
BHPian

Cost is prohibitive even for the affluent !

The only possibility is that corporates may lap it up as it absolves them of the responsibility of repossessing or disposing once the lease period is over. However this is a miniscule volume and a lot of the companies I know moved away from providing car lease as an incentive.

Personally, I feel ~ 30K is the max amount I would be willing to pay for lease option. Make it 5 years lock-in but sweeten the initial hit.
Old 1st February 2021, 17:52   #6
BHPian

Great idea but too expensive. They should lower the price and give people an option to outright purchase the car at a depreciated price at the end of the lease period.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks