Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2021, 15:36   #61
BHPian

Re: Tesla Model 3 coming to India in 2021!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What’s the latest on the pre bookings of the model 3? Seems like Musk has yet again not lived up to his deadlines for India.
There is no news. Musk can talk all he wants. I sent a tweet to Hormazd Sorabjee and he said hopefully in 2022 but not in 2021, they have no information on a launch this year.

Theres confusion even regarding the proposed factory. KA says KA and others are saying MH or GJ.

Musk says as promised but clearly his promises mean +1.
Old 1st April 2021, 13:27   #62
BHPian

Is this real or just an April Fool prank?
Couldn’t find any other source other than gaadwadi site.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tesla-model-i...-976-km-range/
Old 1st April 2021, 13:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docsinghal View Post
Is this real or just an April Fool prank?
Couldn’t find any other source other than gaadwadi site.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/tesla-model-i...-976-km-range/
It's an April Fool prank. I guess you didn't read the entire article:
Quote:
We hope that you read everything with a large pinch of salt, as this entire article was a prank! Of course, you realised that already, right? You smart reader, you!
StarrySky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 18:19   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
It's an April Fool prank. I guess you didn't read the entire article:
I was at work, in the hospital. Got too excited and didn’t have the time to read the whole thing.
Thanks for the prompt reply and correction.
Old 21st April 2021, 13:44   #65
BHPian

Tesla hires for India operations

Manuj Khurana (Policy and Business Development)

Nishant (Country Head, Charging infrastructure)
Interestingly, Nishant is ex-Ather energy employee.

Chithra Thomas (HR Leader)

Source
Shresth_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 15:58   #66
BHPian

Tesla scouting retail spaces in Mumbai’s Parel-Worli area.

Quote:
Electric vehicle maker Tesla is hunting for office and retail space in Mumbai's Lower Parel-Worli business district.

Tesla is looking at a few ready commercial projects in the area for a 40,000 sq ft office-cum-retail space.

"Blackstone Group-owned One World Centre, erstwhile One Indiabulls Centre, is the one of the key contenders for the deal. The transaction is currently at the technical stage and is likely to be inked soon after the due diligence," source told the publication.
Source
Old 4th June 2021, 18:59   #67
BHPian

Tesla to start testing the Model 3 in India!

Tesla to start testing Model 3 in India from July-August; aims year-end launch

Quote:
The world's most valued carmaker is looking to bring Model 3 cars to India by July or August for testing, sources in the know told CNBC-TV18. In fact, three of Tesla's Model 3 cars arrived in Mumbai on Friday afternoon.

The world's most valued carmaker is looking to bring Model 3 cars to India by July or August for testing, sources in the know told CNBC-TV18. In fact, three of Tesla's Model 3 cars arrived in Mumbai on Friday afternoon.

CNBC-TV18 wrote to Tesla for a comment on the story but did not hear back at the time of filing this story.

Tesla will come up with company-owned showrooms in Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi, while it may explore a franchise-based model for its workshops in the country.

At the helm of these affairs will be a senior leadership team that will operate out of Mumbai. At present, Tesla India is a six-member strong team, with the latest appointment being Samir Jain, as Aftersales Lead for the company. Jain started at Tesla this month, after a seven-year-long stint at luxury carmaker Porsche, where he was heading the aftersales and network development function.

Earlier in March, Tesla hired former Ather Energy executive Nishant Nishant as India's head for Charging Infrastructure. Nishant will head the supercharging, destination charging & home charging business for Tesla India, according to his professional profile.
SOURCE

*Model 3 representational image*
Source: Tesla
Attached Thumbnails
Tesla Model 3 coming to India in 2021!-images-20210604t185627.198.jpeg  

udaikalra01 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 09:18   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Three of Tesla's Model 3 cars arrived in Mumbai on Friday afternoon - and are likely to be transported further for testing and validation process.

Tesla Model 3 coming to India in 2021!-smartselect_20210605091923_chrome.jpg

Tesla will go slow with installing its India footprint, as it'll look to test waters in the market beginning with major metros, and also attain better clarity with respect to regulations and schemes surrounding electric vehicle & battery manufacturing in India.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 5th June 2021 at 09:22.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 08:15   #69
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tesla to start testing the Model 3 in India!

Wait for it, guys! If you drive a dual-motor Model 3, it will blow your mind. Even otherwise, the car has a lot to offer = practical range, good handling, excellent space management and being easy to live with. The main downsides will be the initial pricing & interior quality. If you compare the cabin quality to say, a C-Class, it's like the difference between a Maruti Alto and Honda City.
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 08:42   #70
Team-BHP Support

Personally, if I do dip my toes into a full EV in the coming decade, its more likely to be at the budget end of the spectrum with my primary more expensive car still being ICE.

It’s likely to anyway run in the city much more than longer highway drives, the interior is likely to feel less premium - why have an expensive EV and cheaper ICE car where both sport cheaper interiors.

A conventional premium ICE car is more likely to give a premium experience on every front and be capable of usage in every scenario (in terms of range).
Axe77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 12:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

I can imagine some cross shopping from folk who would otherwise buy a sports car to buy a Tesla in India just because a) it is genuinely quick and b) new in the marketplace.
I'm quite sceptic about it's practicality for any long distance travel due to the lack of proper charging network. Tesla's in India could remain a show-off toys and stay within city.

Forget in India, a friend of mine returned his Model S in Helsinki area just due to the lack of a proper charging network for long distance driving. heck, he had to drive 60 kms east to drive 200kms west coz his car insisted. He moved to a Volvo XC 60 PHEV instead.

Curious to see how this will evolve. I'd be more interested in seeing the PHEV market evolve in India given the vast amount of cars in city driving. Electric in the city, Fossil fuel on the highway.
Old 7th June 2021, 12:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

The launch would be end of the year? I am certainly in, if I can get one this year!
I dont think it will be long before we see a string of EV charging stations mushrooming on our highways!
Old 7th June 2021, 13:46   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
The launch would be end of the year? I am certainly in, if I can get one this year!
I dont think it will be long before we see a string of EV charging stations mushrooming on our highways!
Don't think that deliveries will start this year. Most probably, the configurator will go live later this year. From what I know, they are setting up dealerships starting from Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi. I read about them hiring Charging Network Head, too.
udaikalra01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 15:01   #74
Senior - BHPian

Biggest downside I see is the 140mm unladen ground clearance. With the critical component i.e battery close to the ground, this might be a problem for our roads.
giri1.8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2021, 06:42   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you compare the cabin quality to say, a C-Class, it's like the difference between a Maruti Alto and Honda City.
I dont think the difference is that much atleast on the 2020 model that I drove. Yes its spartan which doesnt help with the feeling of "premium" unless you have a Swedish aesthetic of less is more. Infact its relatively easy to find cheap hard plastics or creaky plastics in a Merc C class but not so much in the Model 3. As an example, everything in the front is soft plastic including all the way down to the door pads (not just the top quarter/half like most cars) and that includes the central console as well, from memory.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks