Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2020, 17:01   #16
BHPian

Re: Renault Zoe EV spotted testing in India

I don't think this is a product suitable for current market conditions in India - will be likely too pricey for the average consumer and not enough "wow" for the early adopters.

Not sure why Renault-Nissan isn't serious about launching their excellent e-power hybrids instead. They can easily resurrect models like the Captur and Kicks with a hybrid drivetrain instead of cut pasting pure EVs which are designed for a different market.
Old 28th October 2020, 10:28   #17
BHPian

If priced right, this product can be what Duster was earlier. The days of Hybrid are over, my friend, with the 43% GST for it, it won't be cheap either to buy and, not cheap to maintain. While the cost of EV initially might be high, the cost to run isn't.
When a company isn't doing well, it is better to take bold steps to acquire new markets rather than stick to its dwindling portfolio.
DarthVeda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 11:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthVeda View Post
This is really good news, the ZOE is well received in europe and hopefully, it will give the JOLT Renault deserve, If not 52kwh, they can downsize the capacity to 40ish and offer it less than 20L.
I would rather prefer a Nexon EV with 40kwh than a Zoe if nexon proves to be reliable. The main advantage of Nexon compared to Zoe for the Indian conditions are that Nexon comes with a liquid cooled battery compared to air cooled battery, also the higher ground clearance.

I hope a 40ish Nexon can be priced at the same price as today's 30kwh Nexon in 2022 due to the drop in battery prices.
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 13:55   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Renault confirms that the Zoe electric car is not coming to India.

Quote:
Renault’s plan is to launch locally manufactured, affordable electric cars in India. It would launch EVs based on the low-cost CMF-A and/or CMF-A+ platforms initially, hinting that the first Renault electric car in India is the Renault Kwid-based EV, now expected in 2022.

Link
Old 15th December 2020, 11:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

Renault ZOE EV spied on Chennai roads

Renault Zoe EV spotted testing in India-fb_img_16080120411577674.jpg

Source : Rushlane
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks