Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2020, 16:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz EV @ Auto Expo 2020

I wish they bring the Altroz EV under 10L price bracket.

I am not sure how realistic this would be, but whats wrong in wishing.

If the drive range is above 250KM it will be a good car for city drive.
arvindmanju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2020, 18:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Given the pricing of the Nexon and how the cars interiors are appointed, I think it would be priced at around the 13L mark.

Might find buyers though if the range is similar to what the Nexon delivers. It is strange that Mahindra with it's heads up with Maini seems to be so far behind in the EV department.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 8th February 2020, 23:16   #18
BHPian

Plonk the very same EV battery of the Nexon and alter the settings slightly. Price it around 10 to 13 Lacs and we have a winner.

Any amount of praise is scant for TML for their focus on all the best things - Safety, Design, EV, Wide range of Engine options with AT.

Wow!!! They have surpassed even fanboys' expectations this year by a huge margin!

Hopefully 2020 shall be marked as year of Tata and hope they also bag the ICOTY this year.
Flash777 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2020, 11:01   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

How Tata packaged the Altroz EV’s battery.

A design model was put together by the engineering team, but head of design Pratap Bose wasn’t happy with the increase in the ride height. "The first time I saw it, the stance was more crossover than hatchback, it was almost an SUV." This meant there would have to be some repackaging.

So Tata took up the floor a bit and took some of the battery into what would have been the cabin. It then raised the ride height marginally to accommodate some more of the battery," Bose says. "The floor you see now is what you will get in the final car."

Come launch time, though, the model may even get larger wheels and tyres to help give it even more of a lift. When you go from the back seat of an Altroz to an Altroz EV, you notice that the floor has been raised. You sit a bit lower in the back seat of the EV because the ‘h’ (or hip point) is lower.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...battery-417249
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2020, 12:53   #20
BHPian

Does anyone have contacts in Tata who can provide us some updates on the Altroz now? I remember someone having contacts high up in Tata motors. Maybe they can help?
jasjotbains is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 17:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

The Altroz EV has a lot of potential.

First, the Alfa Arc platform was designed for electrification from the outset rather than how the Nexon monocoque was adapted to fit an EV powertrain. So I am expecting the Altroz to be better packaged as an EV and have the same passenger room/luggage space as the IC powered Altroz, plus conceal the battery better for increased water wading depth.

Second, the weight advantage. The Altroz is more than 200 kgs lighter than the Nexon, that is a massive difference. It is likely to offer better performance and range.

The Alfa Arc platform + domestic battery production combo has the potential to deliver the right EVs for India, both from a technical as well as value perspective.

What I am worried about is Tata under-spec'ing the Altroz being worried about Nexon EV sales being cannibalized. I am thinking along the lines of a smaller battery, lower power output etc....

I hope not, but history shows Tata has a tendency to do this and then have to play catch up when the competition ups their game. Tata should aim to make the Altroz EV a market defining product from day 1, no half measures.

Fingers crossed!
shortbread is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 14:37   #22
BHPian

Since it looks production ready, any idea when will this be launched?
Old 26th January 2021, 11:56   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Since it looks production ready, any idea when will this be launched?
I doubt it’s coming into market, no spotting of test vehicles for very long time now. Guess they don’t see a mature market.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 10:53   #24
BHPian

In this interview, it sounds like Altroz is not viable at the targeted price point:http://bit.ly/TataEVs
Old 12th February 2021, 20:28   #25
BHPian

There have been rumors published in motor websites on the battery pack on the Altroz EV will be a 30.2kWh liquid-cooled, IP 67 lithium-ion pack which could generate around 100bhp.

With the excellent space usage and market sentiment already for Altroz, this proposed 250 km range will be a great sell, better than Nexon ev.
Old 10th May 2021, 14:16   #26
Team-BHP Support

Given how modest EV range is currently and that range anxiety is one of the biggest deterrents to EV adoption, I would hope the Altroz comes with identical battery capability as the Nexon. Let target customers choose the appropriate body type they like with no difference in the battery specs, even if it is resulting in internal cannibalizing.

I do hope they bring the Altroz out as well. Given that EVs are still second cars in most homes and largely relegated to volume city usage, the slightly lower price point should only find acceptance with more homes.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks